STV Chooses "Don't Drop The Coffin" over "Benidorm"

pierre_gustavepierre_gustave Posts: 4,263
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The rest of the UK gets Benidorm.
STV shows Don't Drop The Coffin a documentary series made in 2003 and also shown on Sky 3 at the present time.

Pray tell, how is a six year old documentary about London undertakers providing a true SCOTTISH alternative schedule for STV?

You couldn't make it up.:(

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know i couldn't believe it when i read read it in the telly mag that was STV 9pm friday night show.
    I think its on Sky 3 in the afternoons and i can rem watching it first time round on STV.
    I know Benidorm has had mixed reviews, i have only watched a view episodes of it, mainly because i never know what channel its on stv or itv2.
  • pierre_gustavepierre_gustave Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorisday74 wrote: »
    I know i couldn't believe it when i read read it in the telly mag that was STV 9pm friday night show.
    I think its on Sky 3 in the afternoons and i can rem watching it first time round on STV.
    I know Benidorm has had mixed reviews, i have only watched a view episodes of it, mainly because i never know what channel its on stv or itv2.

I believe Benidorm has had good ratings for ITV.
    Whereas the appeal of an ancient documentary about after-death care must be minimal.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aye i watched it last MOnday on Stv at 10pm, i thought it was funny.
    Apparently Corrie might be moving from its 7.30pm slot aswell.
  • minnie1957minnie1957 Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Well, if you have virgin then I hope you turned to channel 853 and watched Benidorm on itv london. I never watch stv now. They are making a complete fool of Scottish people. Treating us like idiots and letting the rest of the UK think we are idiots:mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    minnie1957 wrote: »
    Well, if you have virgin then I hope you turned to channel 853 and watched Benidorm on itv london. I never watch stv now. They are making a complete fool of Scottish people. Treating us like idiots and letting the rest of the UK think we are idiots:mad:

Aye your right you there.
    I only have freeview.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You are dead right.
    They also gave us the US version of Cracker "Fitz" which I think they bought down the car boot sale for 50p.
    What utter contempt STV have for their viewers.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How expensive to buy can Benidorm be?

Fair enough if they threw on an old film

But even Sky Real Lives and Sky 3 gave up on Don't Drop The Coffin

Surely this can't be the way for them to up advertising revenue?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    How expensive to buy can Benidorm be?

Fair enough if they threw on an old film

But even Sky Real Lives and Sky 3 gave up on Don't Drop The Coffin

Surely this can't be the way for them to up advertising revenue?!

It doesn't make sense on any level.
  • Dub1Dub1 Posts: 5,959
    Forum Member
    They are taking the pi.ss though aren`t they? I mean they can`t be serious.
  • Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    We watch Benidorm, on ITV London..

fabulous, but agree, shameful of STV..
  • Berties AssettsBerties Assetts Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rest of the UK gets Benidorm.
    STV shows Don't Drop The Coffin a documentary series made in 2003 and also shown on Sky 3 at the present time.

Pray tell, how is a six year old documentary about London undertakers providing a true SCOTTISH alternative schedule for STV?

You couldn't make it up.:(

That shite was on SKY 3 this morning or some other obscure satellite channel. STV are taking the mick. Abunch of inbred incestorcides are in charge at Pacific Quay i feel. :mad:
  • Bhoy1888Bhoy1888 Posts: 1,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw Sheridan Smith in here bikini last week.Really sexy.Anyone got any info if we are going to see a bit more skin as the series progresses?
  • CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Corrie might be moving from its 7.30pm slot aswell.
    ITV2 surely?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    I never watch stv now. They are making a complete fool of Scottish people. Treating us like idiots and letting the rest of the UK think we are idiots:mad:

Totally agree I've given up on them and BBC scotland who frequently move cancel stuff thats on the rest of the UK. Part of the reason I have just got Sky so I can watch other regions BBC/ITV
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Couldn't have done, the news is on at 10pm.:confused:
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    STV's decisions have been farcical. I'm trying not to watch the channel as much as possible out of principle and would urge everyone else to do the same.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think STV is doiung a massive act of cutting off the nose to spite face. Their recent decisons have been ludicrous and I am suprised that the people making these decisions have not been fired , unless of course the idea is to run the company it into the ground .

I am not a fan of ITV PLC and can understand STV's hostility towards them , but there must be another way , STV are just asking for finacial ruin and are doing their viewers a great disservice.

A cynic might ask is the person making these desciions being paid by ITV PLC to ruin STV so they can then buy it on the cheap.
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :( STV have totally lost the plot.
    Look at 'The Hour'.Amatuerish,cheaply made,boring,outdated rubbish.Every time i switch on it's a couple of obese women stuffing their faces.