Options

My PS4 just had a heart attack

2»

Comments

• Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,284
    Forum Member
    Once the companies have got their money, they don't give a shit afterwards unfortunately. :(
  • Options
    ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    That's half the price of a brand new PS4, surely it doesn't cost them that much to repair the system.
    It was the same for the PS3 and 360, although MS would ask half the price of the arcade model.
  • Options
    RagnarokRagnarok Posts: 4,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3rd party repairers are starting to get a look in.

Personally I'd try spamming the buttons, or un-pluging everything then try to turn it on in hope that it discharges the system then and hopefully it recovers when you start it again.

more chat and some more drastic desperate solutions here http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4-Support/PS4-turns-on-for-split-second-then-turns-off-Not-BLOD/td-p/20385775
  • Options
    martytartymartytarty Posts: 368
    Forum Member
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    martytarty wrote: »

Well, that extra layer of vinyl will help keep it nice and toasty...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    Well, that extra layer of vinyl will help keep it nice and toasty...

ha ha, I had thought about potential extra heat but it's hardly wrapped in a duvet ;-), it's a thin layer and I can't see it causing any issues, ventilation at rear remains the same & well vented, that's the important area isn't it
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, that sucks Yuffie. My 360 rrod'd, it got accidentally knocked off a table and the insurance paid for a new one.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    martytarty wrote: »
    ha ha, I had thought about potential extra heat but it's hardly wrapped in a duvet ;-), it's a thin layer and I can't see it causing any issues, ventilation at rear remains the same & well vented, that's the important area isn't it

It's only a thin layer but it's all over it and heat does escape throughout the whole body, not just the specific exhaust areas. You'll probably be fine but as someone who deals with a lot of tech demos and POS with these and various other tech kit, I wouldn't have done that. At least you can play chess on it, though :D
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Oh, that sucks Yuffie. My 360 rrod'd, it got accidentally knocked off a table and the insurance paid for a new one.

Classic :) Did it affect future premiums?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's only a thin layer but it's all over it and heat does escape throughout the whole body, not just the specific exhaust areas. You'll probably be fine but as someone who deals with a lot of tech demos and POS with these and various other tech kit, I wouldn't have done that. At least you can play chess on it, though :D

We shall see, hope I don't learn the hard way :blush:

A £350 2TB Chessboard - Hmmm e-bay :D

Admit it looks pretty cool right? (even if it's burning hot inside)
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Classic :) Did it affect future premiums?
    It didn't!
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Just got my PS4 back. :)

So happy. I have all manner of shit downloading now. Nipped out to Gamestop straight away to grab FF Type 0 with the FF XV demo that I was supposed to play months ago.

:):)
  • Options
    claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Just got my PS4 back. :)

So happy. I have all manner of shit downloading now. Nipped out to Gamestop straight away to grab FF Type 0 with the FF XV demo that I was supposed to play months ago.

:):)

Excellent news Yuffie. :)