Let's speculate what the arc for S6 will be

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The idea for this is serious speculation, and it's early when S6 airs we'll see if anyone was correct or really really wrong. :p

Speculate away.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Probably something to do with the destruction of the universe, once again.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If previous series are anything to go by we have already had some clues :)
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The finale is supposedly smaller and more intimate so I'm looking forward to that!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    I could be wrong, but I strongly suspect next year's arc will start at the conclusion of Episode 13, i.e. something will happen to trigger something else...perhaps Amy's death next year...
  • stcoopstcoop Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    The finale is supposedly smaller and more intimate so I'm looking forward to that!

Don't hold your breath.

Last I heard Omega will be the Big Bad for Series 6. (With Jason Isaacs possibly lined up to play him.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What would be fun is leading up to 2013 the 11th Dr meets up with past previous Drs'

Plus a writer somewhere has to write a story in which the Dr meets H.G Wells.........
  • stcoopstcoop Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RacerWelsh wrote: »
    Plus a writer somewhere has to write a story in which the Dr meets H.G Wells.........

Already done 25 years ago!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    What would be fun is leading up to 2013 the 11th Dr meets up with past previous Drs'

Already done...TIMELASH!
  • newman2005newman2005 Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    multi doc arc would be good i think,

might revisit the timewar,or certainely the end of it

maybe we'll be seeign another regeneration as well. i would expect doc to make an appearance in torchwood usa as well probs.
    I think that if they do regnerate a mis season surprise regen would be cool, although prob impossible becasue of filming spys etc.

all the best

newman
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd prefer not to have an arc. I'd rather just have self-contained stories, like in the old days.
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the idea in 'Amys Choice' of the frozen Star.

So I'm thinking that it could be a good arc if maybe some new alien threat was gradually roaming the universe turning burning stars into freezing stars....

Mmm my idea might need a little more work me thinks. Oh well at least I had a go :)
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    Hopefully the death of Amy!
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    Hmmm....

Series 1 was the end of future Earth
    Series 2 was the end of modern Earth
    Series 3 was war against the universe
    Series 4 was the end of reality
    2009 was the end of time
    Series 5 is the end of the universe
    I'm assuming Series 6 will be the end of all things.
    :p
    No, I think Moffat will be clever with this one and maybe make it more personal for the Doctor. Still, Im too into Series 5 right now to really speculate. :D
  • newman2005newman2005 Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    how about

1- the origins of the timelords,

2- the evil from midnight returning? (perhaps just an episode)

3- The last regneration discussed -

4. a series feturing an evil doc/valyard, etc

just shooting the breeze

newman
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    newman2005 wrote: »
    how about

1- the origins of the timelords,

2- the evil from midnight returning? (perhaps just an episode)

3- The last regneration discussed -

4. a series feturing an evil doc/valyard, etc

just shooting the breeze

newman

A timelord story could be good, and wouldn't need the 'end of the world' broken record to supply us with that 'finale feeling of epicness'. Not too sure about the threat from Midnight though.... it worked well on its own and some things are best left unknown to us. As the Doctor said at the end of The Satan Pit 'Day I know everything, might as well stop!' :D
  • kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see a less obvious arc.

Seemingly unconnected clues that come together as the series progresses.

Not another Bad Wolf/Saxon/Cracks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Its all fine and well bringing back characters and aliens from the past, but Doctor Who is about change.

- You can't have the Master back so soon.
    - Daleks will get used next series but again, they are running out of things to do with them.
    - Davros would be good to have back, but then again, you can't have Davros without the Daleks.
    - Cybermen have been made to look weak.

I actually would like bigger blocks of stories, rather than a series big bad. That was RTDs biggest problem. You'd build and build and build to the finale, and then you have to cram all the epicness into 60 minutes and it's just not doable.

You can't really do Gallifrey justice on Who's budget, so its best to leave it lost. Makes the Doctors character more compelling.

So, some possibilities for the Doctor, in the future.
    - Evil Doctor. It was touched on in Waters of Mars and that made it one of the best episodes of Who for me. The Doctor is a dangerous man.
    - Romana. Bringing in a Time Lady, offers the Doctor possible romantic interests. Someone of his race/species/age who has lived and lost, would be an interesting dynamic.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daleks need a rework. When they seem to arrive, it's sudden and the end of the world again.

I wouldn't mind them being shown more often, putting pieces of a plan together, without taking over everything each time they appear.
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    newman2005 wrote: »
    multi doc arc would be good i think,

might revisit the timewar,or certainely the end of it

maybe we'll be seeign another regeneration as well. i would expect doc to make an appearance in torchwood usa as well probs.
    I think that if they do regnerate a mis season surprise regen would be cool, although prob impossible becasue of filming spys etc.

all the best

newman
    They're not going to ditch Matt Smith after a year and a half.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    If previous series are anything to go by we have already had some clues :)

:D lol i was almost correct.
  • polkadot12polkadot12 Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Moffat hinted in this weeks confidential that the 'silence will fall' thing will be explored in the next series, and presumably who was flying the tardis and caused it to explode.

I'm sure I read somewhere too that when he got the top job he planned out a three season arc, so can't wait to see what he's come up with and how it's going to tie in with what we've already seen !
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member

If that happens, they could get Sean Pertwee to Play Jon Perwee's 3rd Dr!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    1990jordan wrote: »
    Moffat hinted in this weeks confidential that the 'silence will fall' thing will be explored in the next series, and presumably who was flying the tardis and caused it to explode.

I'm sure I read somewhere too that when he got the top job he planned out a three season arc, so can't wait to see what he's come up with and how it's going to tie in with what we've already seen !

3 years ! That's so cruel ! ;)

Some people say that RTD never did such arc, that's wrong : he planned the return of the master with Boe speaking to the Doctor in its final breath for three seasons.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    i bet it will include cows!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODBfpNK-GoU
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would really like to see this.

The christmas special is just a one off episode with nothing to do with the S6 storyline.

When S6 starts he realises that this new 'Big Bang 2 Universe' has major changes so say when the Big Bang 2 happened some stuff may of stayed on the wrong side of the crack. Or maybe just some different choices were made causing some things to never happen. Overall S6 is about making the 'Big Bang 2' universe into the normal 'Big Bang 1 Universe.

But of course only The Doctor realises stuff is wrong and to Rory and Amy its just normal.