Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

tinyangeltinyangel Posts: 1,694
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can anyone tell me what was the last season of Law & Order SVU to be shown on channel 5?
I only want to know cos I love this show and I've just discovered that Wentworth Miller *sigh* is in series 11. Was just wondering how long I'm gonna have to wait to see it.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Season 10 starts on channel 5 this weekend (previously on universal)
  • tinyangeltinyangel Posts: 1,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sallyjr wrote: »
    Season 10 starts on channel 5 this weekend (previously on universal)

Thanks Sally!:)
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,653
    Forum Member
    Last night's episode was very dark for this early in the season, wasn't it? Powerful stuff though as ever with SVU. The guest stars including Teri Polo were fantastic.

I am missing Diane Neal though. Don't think much of her replacement so far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Last night's episode was very dark for this early in the season, wasn't it? Powerful stuff though as ever with SVU. The guest stars including Teri Polo were fantastic.

I miss her as well but her replacement is alright.
  • Seymour CatSeymour Cat Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'll be back...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last night's episode was very dark for this early in the season, wasn't it? Powerful stuff though as ever with SVU.

Yeah I'm an SVU vet, but some of the stuff like the not-a-paedophile asking to look at photos of Stabler's kids was really creepy.

Been a very strong start to the new season though.
  • tinyangeltinyangel Posts: 1,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'll be back...

Thanks for that spoiler. Very good news. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bloody boxing is on tonight so there's no svu later :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Is the new series (13 i think) being shown on Universal at 9 or are they on a break?
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've just started watching SVU - I'm on series 1 and I really liked Casey :(

I've read stuff about the later seasons and I can't wait to watch it all. What are the main things I should look out for? :)
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »

I've read stuff about the later seasons and I can't wait to watch it all. What are the main things I should look out for? :)

You lucky moo, just starting!! Casey was great but you will like Alex oh and Munch is a legend!! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    You lucky moo, just starting!! Casey was great but you will like Alex oh and Munch is a legend!! ;)

Yeh I love Munch :D Oooh who is Alex?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    The new DA she's the best one. You're in for a treat.
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Alex is brilliant, and I agree, Munch is also brilliant.

I love this show (thank you universal, daily fix) but I sometimes wonder if that says something about me :D
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex is brilliant, and I agree, Munch is also brilliant.

I love this show (thank you universal, daily fix) but I sometimes wonder if that says something about me :D

I love SVU, Criminal Intent, Criminal Minds, Body of Proof etc.....

I hear you. :D
  • j'aimelatelej'aimelatele Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught up with Saturday's episode...poor Elliot..he's losing it a bit more each time...his daughter, a mentor etc...:(
  • Moll FlandersMoll Flanders Posts: 1,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lucky you, having it all to look forward to!

I have every single episode available in the UK so far - all the box sets - and almost without exception, I love every episode.

If you can't wait for series 11, it's available to buy; I bought mine on Amazon, non-region so I can watch it perfectly.

One thing you have to look forward to is Ice T - I think he's brilliant (and I quite fancy him!) In the earlier series, there is some brilliant dialogue between him and Munch. There's one great scene where they're looking round an appartment looking for a cat that might have blood on it, with Ice T calling "pussy, pussy, pussy!" in a perfect deadpan voice - cracks me up every time. Sadly, in the later series, the two of them are relegated more to the background, and Stabler and Benson become the undisputed stars of the show, unlike the ensemble show it started off as. But it's still fantastic!
  • Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh I love Munch :D Oooh who is Alex?

Alex Cabot (Stephanie March) was the original ADA (assistant District Attorney) for the first few series.Her leaving was covered by a storyline.
    It is not the last you see of her,though.

Casey Novack (Diane Neal) is her long-running replacement.
    She gets into trouble and is prevented from practising law for a while but returns.

Watch out for Diane in an early guest role as a suspect in a murder!

There have been some short stints by other ADA's,
    two notable ones being played by Christine Lahti
    who has problems
    and Sharon Stone.
    an ex-partner of Elliot Stabler

One of my all-time favourite law-enforcement shows,the nature of the crimes mean lots of plot twists and turns and great human interest storylines and sympathetic characters and real feeling for the victims-'special victims' indeed.
  • Moll FlandersMoll Flanders Posts: 1,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have every single episode available in the UK so far - all the box sets - and almost without exception, I love every episode.

If you can't wait for series 11, it's available to buy; I bought mine on Amazon, non-region so I can watch it perfectly.

One thing you have to look forward to is Ice T - I think he's brilliant (and I quite fancy him!) In the earlier series, there is some brilliant dialogue between him and Munch. There's one great scene where they're looking round an appartment looking for a cat that might have blood on it, with Ice T calling "pussy, pussy, pussy!" in a perfect deadpan voice - cracks me up every time. Sadly, in the later series, the two of them are relegated more to the background, and Stabler and Benson become the undisputed stars of the show, unlike the ensemble show it started off as. But it's still fantastic!

I meant to say I bought it on eBay, not Amazon.
  • Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ....is Ice T - I think he's brilliant (and I quite fancy him!) In the earlier series, there is some brilliant dialogue between him and Munch .............Sadly, in the later series, the two of them are relegated more to the background, and Stabler and Benson become the undisputed stars of the show, unlike the ensemble show it started off as

I have just watched on Universal, series 2 ep18.Munch is the featured detective with Fin in close attendance and they both talk about their former jobs with Baltimore homicide and narcotics respectively.The other characters,well,blink and you miss them,except Alex Cabot,who plays a key role towards the end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new DA she's the best one. You're in for a treat.

I really didnt like alex. In fact i dont like many of the ada's

LOVE svu
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes ice t is great

I miss elliot in s13 but danny Pino is a Very welcome adition
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is the new series (13 i think) being shown on Universal at 9 or are they on a break?

They have been waiting to catch up with screenings in the US, I think, and rerunning the already shown episodes from this latest series but the next brand new episode is at 10 pm next Sunday on Universal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for that - will look out for all of that :)

I'm now on series 2.

They don't focus on male rape a lot do they?
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    I wonder if anyone can help me find an episode. I've seen on Universal a couple of times an episode about black market organ selling which has a woman in a wheel chair that Munch knows from an earlier epiosode, I vaugly remember seeing the earlier episode once but I would like to see it again as I love a Munch centeral episode. I think the episode is about the woman in the the wheelchair running a website about helping people to commit suicide (a warm, jolly epsiode of course :p). Does anyone know what season its in?