Options

Person of Interest - UK Premiere - Starts 14th August 10pm Channel 5 [NO SPOILERS]

Comments

• Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I recognise the judge from Flight Of The Conchords where he played Doug, the husband of Mel the stalker

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Costabile

I recognised him from Suits.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Carter; still one step behind, I feel that is going to run and run, but who knows, maybe closer by the end of S1...
    She's already suspicious of that crooked cop. I reckon the cop will end up weakening Reese's position rather than strengthening it. Eventually Carter will confront him, and he'll cave, if she promises not to tell Reese he caved.
    Stansfield wrote:
    .just guessing.
    Likewise.
    petely wrote: »
    It decided that saving the judge & his kid was "worthy", but that the nanny's death wasn't.
    It doesn't make those kinds of judgements. It just knew the Judge was involved in a plan of sinister intent. Since the nanny wasn't involved, she didn't get mentioned. Even the son wasn't mentioned, and he was the one kidnapped. (As I understand it, they get a social security number, not a name, and the number referred to the judge. But the episode was a bit sketchy in this episode, with Reese getting confused by father and son having the same name.)

In another episode, the principal was planning to murder a serial rapist. We still don't know how that turned out, but it's possible Reese went ahead and killed the rapist. The machine wouldn't care. It just gives a number indicating a plot. It's not telling them to save anyone.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else like that little smile from Reese at the end of the episode?

Yes I did, it was a nice touch, Finch letting him know that he was a regular there. :)

Reese must be the coolest guy on tv...if he was English...I would have him as Bond when Daniel Craig moves on.
  • Options
    Chappers67Chappers67 Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    My take is, the Nanny wasn't part of the plan, to kill her, so it wouldn't have been 'picked up', just that the Judge was pat of some plan, and in Danger.

The Nanny was just collateral damage.

My other thought was, she was an illegal and therefor didn't have a social security number
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Chappers67 wrote: »
    My other thought was, she was an illegal and therefor didn't have a social security number
    Not unheard of; Judges employing 'illegals'...;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The plot has more holes than a hookers fishnet tights....but I love it!
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OffTheCuff wrote: »
    The plot has more holes than a hookers fishnet tights....but I love it!
    You need to start seeing a better class of hooker. :p
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,713
    Forum Member
    Or at least send her my way :D
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm reminded of the old joke "what do you call a hooker with a runny nose ?" - but methinks I'm getting a little off topic. :p
  • Options
    Stone FreeStone Free Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I recognise the judge from Flight Of The Conchords where he played Doug, the husband of Mel the stalker
    I recognised him from Suits.
    Wow, I recognised him from Damages where he played a henchman. Its good to see the guy's got range, he was very convincing in both roles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stone Free wrote: »
    Wow, I recognised him from Damages where he played a henchman. Its good to see the guy's got range, he was very convincing in both roles.
    Damages!...That's where I've seen him before....he was a Bad Bad Man in that.:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is one of the few shows i look forward to weekly atm.
  • Options
    Stone FreeStone Free Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday I watched some rubbish film with Al Pacino "Two For The Money" aired on BBC1 on Monday, and I saw Fusco as an extra in that. I wonder who I will recognise yet.
  • Options
    Hackney1Hackney1 Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    surely someone else recognised the Judge from Breaking Bad?! -Gayle!! alive and kicking :)
  • Options
    SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chappers67 wrote: »

The first detective who called Carter to the murder scene told her that the nanny was from Puerto Rico. Technically, she's not an illegal. Just sayin'. ;)
  • Options
    SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    You need to start seeing a better class of hooker. :p

Good one. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So who is the 'KID'....who is on the Revenge, for the Elia's Case...too easy for it to be Reese.....but could it be Harold, just a Guess....or have I got the wrong end of the stick.

Liked how they got straight into the case this week, with Zoe the Fixer, Reese the Driver and the 'evil' Drugs company.
    Very good action too.:cool:

"So you are tracking my cell phone"
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i still like watching this but i do find the case-of-the-week approach is getting a teeny bit tedious ..

obviously i knew what to expect going in, but i don't know .. it's something i find i watch when i've watched everything else during the week, not something i'll purposely set out to watch first.
  • Options
    GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,813
    Forum Member
    i still like watching this but i do find the case-of-the-week approach is getting a teeny bit tedious ..

obviously i knew what to expect going in, but i don't know .. it's something i find i watch when i've watched everything else during the week, not something i'll purposely set out to watch first.

I'm not going to give anything away to spoil others viewing, but it does become much more involving as the weeks progress. This programme lulls you into thinking you know what kind of series it is, and then stands it right on its head!
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gillypoots wrote: »
    I'm not going to give anything away to spoil others viewing, but it does become much more involving as the weeks progress. This programme lulls you into thinking you know what kind of series it is, and then stands it right on its head!

that's what i want to hear :)
  • Options
    kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gillypoots wrote: »

Next week's episode (ep 7) is where it really moved up a gear for me.
  • Options
    GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,813
    Forum Member
    kegsie wrote: »
    Next week's episode (ep 7) is where it really moved up a gear for me.

Yes, I agree it does. I just love the way the series opens out bit by bit into different avenues of storytelling but little by little start to make a sense of the whole scenario.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got this feeling that all the cases are linked, and maybe even going back to before Finch brought Reese on board. Can't wait to watch this unfold, and the people on here are Awesome for not spoiling, but for also keeping the rest of us positive!! lol
  • Options
    petelypetely Posts: 2,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daniel9624 wrote: »
    Got this feeling that all the cases are linked, and maybe even going back to before Finch brought Reese on board.
    Oh I hope not, that would be such a crass cliche (though not as bad as if the guy with the limp turned out to be a robot :D).
    At this point in the series it's difficult to see where, exactly, the show is going. It's entertaining enough and I hope the character they introduced this time becomes a regular. Just so long as it doesn't turn into yet another big consipracy drama.
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the show, but every time it starts, the narration during the title sequence is far too much like the start of The A Team!