Options

Regeneration influences

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
Forum Member
I've had a couple of thoughts about the 11/12 regeneration and the factors that contribute to what he ended up with.
Firstly: the phone call between 11 & Clara - 11 asks if he's old & grey = regenerates into old and grey.
Second: All throughout the time of the Doctor, Clara is wearing a Tartan skirt = 12 is Scottish.

Could be that what he's been thinking of before regeneration influences what he turns out like?

Comments

• Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He also has a vision of Amy just before he regenerates.
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reminds me of this post.
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clara was wearing a cardigan of bows and he wasn't wearing a bow tie:confused: I hope The Doctor doesn't wear a kilt, would look strange for a Doctor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    He also has a vision of Amy just before he regenerates.

Oh yes of course. Just watched the repeat of Deep Breath and noticed Clara's skirt.
  • Options
    doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,390
    Forum Member
    There was a rumour that they were going to say that his scottish accent was due to seeing the vision of Amy just before he regenerated and hence having her on the brain at the time of his regeneration. Was surprised they didn't use this as it would have made sense and given a good story based reason to silence the people moaning about his accent.

You could definitely say his appearance was a time loop. 11 got told he was old as 12 so then that affected his thoughts at the time of regeneration and without knowing or being able to control it he inadvertently made it true.

As for the others, hadn't thought about it before but now I am

9 to 10 - could be that he already had feelings for rose and subliminally wanted to be the kind of man that would be appealing to her.

10to11 maybe the fact that there were similarities between 11 and 10 stem from the fact that 10 so badly 'didnt want to go' that he subliminally kept as much of his 10 personality into 11 as he could.
  • Options
    KoquillionKoquillion Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    Clara was wearing a cardigan of bows and he wasn't wearing a bow tie:confused: I hope The Doctor doesn't wear a kilt, would look strange for a Doctor.

The lassies say as I go by
    "Doctor where's your Trousers!?"
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Koquillion wrote:
    The lassies say as I go by
    "Doctor where's your Trousers!?"
    :D Donald
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last person the War Doctor saw before he regeenrated into Nine was Clara, who was from the north, so...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    The last person 5 saw, apart from The Master, was Adric. Hallucinations aside, he spent a fair old time with considerable cleavage jammed in his face..

Which explains a lot.

Unlikeable, and on occasion, a bit of a tit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    I made a post of exactly the same reasoning, but I think I must have offended with my wording :p
    Well it is... Essentially for plot sake, and to not rip a hole in the universe. You see my theory is, when 11 called clara at the end he asked if he was gray, she said yes. Therefore he knew he'd have an older face and possible picked a face for Clara that she would like based on her fondness for roman men like marcus Aurelius as that's the only pin up she had in her room. So bham a roman face he remembered. Her fault
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    became scottish because he prefers being independent.
  • Options
    GrahameSteeleGrahameSteele Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not the first Scottish Doctor.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrfipp wrote: »
    The last person the War Doctor saw before he regeenrated into Nine was Clara, who was from the north, so...

Before War was introduced and we thought Doc 8 became Doc 9 the speculation was that Nine got his accent from Eight hanging around with Lucie Miller.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not the first Scottish Doctor.

First to utilise the scottish accent in full though.
  • Options
    MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    First to utilise the scottish accent in full though.

Sorry but THE "Scottish accent"? Is there only one of them?

Oh - and Scottish deserves a capital "S".