Rugby League 2014

Comments

• GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    As much as I would have liked Catalans to snatch a result, they didn't deserve it. Especially following the s***-house ankle twisting attempt.
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tso wrote: »
    Im only a newbie who follows the scores so i dont really know what constitutes a good game;-)

Well would you think an 8-7 game in football a great example of skill and talent ?
  • tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody posted on a forum im on that it was an exciting match and a great advert for the game(Just shows you how different folk portray things)
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Auckland 9's is great!!! Hope the RFL are watching and take notice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Somebody posted on a forum im on that it was an exciting match and a great advert for the game(Just shows you how different folk portray things)

I was on the radio this morning and spoke to a fair few Hull FC fans. They said they thought it was shocking. Both sides played badly. To concede 34 points means you have played poorly, you don't need to be a rugby league expert to know that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was on the radio this morning and spoke to a fair few Hull FC fans. They said they thought it was shocking. Both sides played badly. To concede 34 points means you have played poorly, you don't need to be a rugby league expert to know that.

Fair enough:)
  • Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,620
    Forum Member

1st game of the season so bound to be a bit rusty, one of those head scratchers to concede 34 points quite poor defence but yet still end up winning the game. Hull FC cannot afford defend like that in there next game at St Helens, as Saints will destroy them if Saints play like they did against Warrington.
  • tonypennystonypennys Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Leigh kick off against batley tomorrow as the championship starts should be a cracking season with alot to play for and all 3Pm kick offs
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tonypennys wrote: »
    Leigh kick off against batley tomorrow as the championship starts should be a cracking season with alot to play for and all 3Pm kick offs

Can i see the line ups anywhere ?
    I might play that fantasy comp.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Leigh were one of the big boys when I started getting into league at the end of the 70s. Would like to see them back. Always had a soft spot for Batley though ( nice biscuits :) ). On paper should be a cracker that one Tony
    Forum Member
    Can i see the line ups anywhere ?
    I might play that fantasy comp.

If u go on the site and click each team in the championship you will see the teams and players
    Forum Member
    Leigh were one of the big boys when I started getting into league at the end of the 70s. Would like to see them back. Always had a soft spot for Batley though ( nice biscuits :) ). On paper should be a cracker that one Tony
    Yes we had a good team then sadly since we are not anymore the slope at batley is a killer
    Forum Member
    Yes we had a good team then Drummond woods and Murphy as coach Wigan took him and we couldn't achieve and went in to decline the slope at batley is a killer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If u go on the site and click each team in the championship you will see the teams and players

Cheers:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow. 11,526 at Craven Park ( as was ) this afternoon. Superb. Record breaker
    Forum Member
    Wow. 11,526 at Craven Park ( as was ) this afternoon. Superb. Record breaker

Great to see darren , see salford got over 7,000

Great win by leigh beating batley 52-12 london are sniffing around a few of our players and after todays performance they will be back , just hope leigh can keep the players cause if they play like that every week they will be up there
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Poor first half in which our ball retention and discipline was shocking, but in the second half we moved into gear and Hull KR had no answer. I've said for a while that our backline is the best in Super League. If they keep showing this kind of form, I'll be proved right. Watkins and Briscoe look like a great partnership.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Poor first half in which our ball retention and discipline was shocking, but in the second half we moved into gear and Hull KR had no answer. I've said for a while that our backline is the best in Super League. If they keep showing this kind of form, I'll be proved right. Watkins and Briscoe look like a great partnership.

Briscoe was a class signing for Leeds.

But, what will happen when Burrows, McGuire, Sinfield and Peacock all call it a day ? Massive shoes to fill
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Briscoe was a class signing for Leeds.

But, what will happen when Burrows, McGuire, Sinfield and Peacock all call it a day ? Massive shoes to fill

I know. I'm dreading it. Especially when Sir Kevin calls it a day. I may cry at his retirement game. He's been the greatest Leeds player of all time, and I've been lucky enough to watch him.
    Forum Member
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I know. I'm dreading it. Especially when Sir Kevin calls it a day. I may cry at his retirement game. He's been the greatest Leeds player of all time, and I've been lucky enough to watch him.

Yes he is up there with Steve Pitchford
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I'm going to follow this game I need a team to support....

I come from Bury which never had a rugby league team......Bury, Bolton, Blackburn, Burnley, Preston.....soccer towns !

The nearest geographically would be Rochdale Hornets but they're not in the top division and anyway, no one wants to support their nearest neighbours.......particularly as now that Bury have declined in football we have to reckon Rochdale as our local rivals, whereas it always Bolton when I was growing up. We never play Bolton nowadays, we're in different football universes

So......Salford looks the best bet

It adjoins Bury to the south and has never had any sporting rivalry. Moreover I remember a few years ago it was mooted that Salford might start playing at Gigg Lane when they had some ground issues (they never did !)

Finally I've read that Salford has been bought by Marwan Koukash.....horse racing fans will know Marwan as 'the good doctor' who has a string of horses with northern trainers and they run in his grey silks. He seems like a great bloke....

So Salford it is

Are they any good ?.......:blush:

Come on you......er, Salford !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to be a Castleford fan back in the 80's when i used to watch it on Grandstand(dont know why though)
    Mine closest is the London Broncos but no way im following them:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    So Salford it is

Are they any good ?.......:blush:

Come on you......er, Salford !

Their in the top 7 of the league betting wise so their Ok on paper.;-)
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Their in the top 7 of the league betting wise so their Ok on paper.;-)

Oh good.....that's about perfect

I wouldn't want to be accused of glory hunting but I don't want a team that's gong to get battered every week

Mid-table sounds like my kind of team......:D
  • davethecuedavethecue Posts: 23,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bath have confirmed the signing of Sam Burgess from Sydney and he will switch codes to union

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/26221864

* reading the report, I was surprised to find that the South Sydney Rabbitohs main shareholder is Russell Crowe..