Options

The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    Morning all.

Hope everyone is well today.

Excellent posts last night - well done loving, Augusta, annemarie.

I really hope John and his mates win the final. As for me, I was a cheerleader many moons ago and I'm dusting off my pom poms. Hope I can still do the reindeer jump.

Alex, where did you get that pic of Sherrie? ;);)

WoW nyannie you were a cheerleader, strut your stuff
    shake your bootie , wave those pom poms :D

off to practice give me a j :o:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    AlexBB3 wrote: »
    Better than this one you reckon?? ;)
    sherrie1cobley.jpg

Umm, yes, I prefer the other one
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh Alex, you are so so good to me. :):)

I tend to agree with you Alex. I think the only time we saw real emotion was the night John left the BB house and the night before and the day Josie left UBB. I still think she had some feeling for John when he left but not sure I would call it love.

Well as of know it was about 'clothes'and not John:rolleyes: More honestly if you ask me it was the fear of John not being there,(he hinted going back to OZ just as he wheeled his suitcase out of the bedroom on this eviction night;))or John changing his mind about helping out to do magazine deals as he had promised.Sam Pepper had it right all along..He didnt need the money and UBB was another 3 weeks.He could be influenced by the outside world not to do magazines and from what we know now John will have changed his mind about it.That in my opinion is the honesty behind the UBB walk out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, just catching up with yesterday's articles. The ex is definitely getting better, apart from the one dig. Interesting points of the article:

1. Says London is a lonely place and she could happily go back to Bristol. So why didn't she when John suggested it?

2. Says people think she's a star and she has young girls looking up to her. *shudders* :eek:

3. Makes derogatory references to Alex Reid and Leslie Ash. Bet they love her now.

4. Says her next bloke will be muscley and a "real man", possibly a boxer who is mushy in the head and "docile". I reckon her ideal man is someone who: (i) is happy to be controlled and (ii) can act as a bodyguard when she's mouthing off or "switching" on someone. The boxer/WAG analogy rings very true to my reading of her character.

All-in-all, think it's an ok article from John's perspective. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ucra girl wrote: »
    Well as of know it was about 'clothes'and not John:rolleyes: More honestly if you ask me it was the fear of John not being there,(he hinted going back to OZ just as he wheeled his suitcase out of the bedroom on this eviction night;))or John changing his mind about helping out to do magazine deals as he had promised.Sam Pepper had it right all along..He didnt need the money and UBB was another 3 weeks.He could be influenced by the outside world not to do magazines and from what we know now John will have changed his mind about it.That in my opinion is the honesty behind the UBB walk out.

Just before noon so Morning! Agree always had in the back of my mind that she didnt know what he was up to and so couldnt be in control of him hence panic more than anything else ending in walking out! Also think BB knew she was gonna walk so made sure John was in the area so it could be caught on camera!

Enough of looking backwards that far! Hope everyone is well including bad shoulders ,backs and anything else ! Off to buy wool to make some big pom poms for next monday! Lets hope these actually turn into balls and dont collapse!

Still appreciating John James and his ;) and missing his :D
  • Options
    Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone, I'm just back from the dentist, frozen on one side and considerably lighter in the wallet!:( Sitting here drinking my cuppa through a straw a la JJP, it's that or dribbling out the side of my mouth, not at all attractive. On the plus side my teeth now look like this :D

Hope everyone's aches and pains are feeling better, maybe we should all book ourselves into a spa for hot stone massages and mud baths. Always wondered what it's like to be slathered in mud. Just so long as no lettuce leaves are on the menu, I don't do lettuce!

Goodness you have all been busy, off to catch up.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, just catching up with yesterday's articles. The ex is definitely getting better, apart from the one dig. Interesting points of the article:

1. Says London is a lonely place and she could happily go back to Bristol. So why didn't she when John suggested it?

2. Says people think she's a star and she has young girls looking up to her. *shudders* :eek:

3. Makes derogatory references to Alex Reid and Leslie Ash. Bet they love her now.

4. Says her next bloke will be muscley and a "real man", possibly a boxer who is mushy in the head and "docile". I reckon her ideal man is someone who: (i) is happy to be controlled and (ii) can act as a bodyguard when she's mouthing off or "switching" on someone. The boxer/WAG analogy rings very true to my reading of her character.

All-in-all, think it's an ok article from John's perspective. :)

Can't find a link to the article, sounds about right though;)

Could a link be posted please.:)
  • Options
    Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    augusta92 wrote: »
    welcome to the thread.....

and I do agree with you that essentially all John and Josie were , were a couple who fell out of love.....

but as John supporters we are struck by the contrasting ways in which Josie and John have responded.

Ok so John isnt perfect, and he has made a couple of dubious tweets....but in general he has behaved in a much more dignified and polite way, than Josie who seems to have worked on the principle of revenge.

They were only living together for 6 months or so, and split up 3 months ago....and yet still Josie has to mention him and their break up in article after article.....
    I really would like her to move on and get a new boyfriend and start to talk about him every week.....

I am not that interested in talking about her on the John James appreciation thread any more....but it is hard to ignore the whole JJJ thing, when it is Josie herself who keeps mentioning it.....
    I agree that this negativity between John and Josie and JJJ fans has gone way too far, and If I am being extremely fair I could say that both sides are involved......to some extent......

but then I thought if you compare how John and Josie have behaved in the past 3 months....I did start to wonder what exactly has John himself initiated to cause bad feeling amongst fans?

If he had an open ticket and yet still came back after christmas....he was trying hard to maintain and save a relationship in difficulties.....what efforts did Josie make in return?

Watching TSAJ, John was obviously upset and a lot less confident than he had appeared the previous summer, yet he made the huge effort to go to the perfume signing in Bristol and talk to fans and pretend everything between him and Josie was fine....
    He must have agreed to the break up interview with OK, even if he didnt want to really do it, and didnt arrange it, presumably cos he felt he owed the fans some kind of explanation...
    And he must have agreed to the final filming at the airport, when he said he was walking away from the cameras....because he felt he owed \Josie and the fans something...

Even when John left, he was thanking fans for all their support..on twitter...

since then he has been fairly quiet and hasnt actually said that much about Josie at all, and when his friends brother was rude about her, he made him send a public apology..

In contrast Josie doesnt seem able to stop talking about him, telling the world that she never loved him....and that he is a cheat etc etc
    ok I do appreciate that she is in a totally different position as regards the media, and is expected to make comments, but... I would have respected Josie a lot more if,
    she had taken Johns lead and responded with a calm and dignified, its a shame we broke up, but we were just too different......kind of approach and moved onwards and upwards to the next challenge....

Two excellent posts Augusta, totally agree with you.

crisikins wrote: »
    Evening everyone - thanks for all the good wishes regarding my shoulder. Couldn't resist nipping in for a catch up.

Thanks Didi for the lovely photos and for keeping us informed about John. I'm shaking my pom poms as we speak:D

:eek::o
    loving jjj wrote: »
    Why be angry though she already knew what was going on she had already called it he was just letting the public know. One thing you can say about John he wasnt going to string the fans along.

She really blew a fuse that night. If he hadn't spoken up who knows how long she'd have kept up the pretence.
    crisikins wrote: »
    If they win there may be a photo in their local newspaper!

Good luck to the boys for next week. I will keep an eye on their local paper.
    julesuk wrote: »
    Pleased you found it funny, just a bit of a giggle amongst all the negativity x

That was one of the best tweets I've seen in a long time. Priceless.
    I agree that the degree of nastiness over a relationship that lasted less time than my summer beachshoes is astonishing. Where I differ is the notion that they are wholly innocent victims of this. To an extent both used their fanbases to score points but the degree to which they have done this is markedly different.
    This should have been a no fault break up, they tried living together and it didn't work out but Josie started almost immediately to DM key fans badmouthing John, allowed family friends to release statements about injunctions and within 2 weeks started to follow those tweeting abuse,, and she is still doing this. Whilst she is still encouraging or condoning those who tweet abuse actions will create reactions.I think John reacted to rather than instigated attacks.
    Holding grudges is destructive for all concerned but ultimately it is the person holding the grudge who will always suffer the most

BIB What a great line!
    2nd BIB Her behaviour was extremely unsavoury, and involving the fans like that encouraged the hate to continue, even now lies are being spread about John on twitter by certain 'muckers' close to Josie. That can only be coming from one person, and how would she know if they aren't in contact?
    morning everyone......

I do agree that effectively Josie's behaviour and unwillingness to change was the final straw in their relationship. but i dont think she actually realised that at the time.

I think she thought that John did love her and would put up with anything.......
    which was where her denial and refusal to accept that he had left for good comes from...I think she did genuinely expect him to come back after he left at the airport....
    Despite the fact that she had behaved pretty badly and been the one who wanted a career and the fame and money, more than she wanted a relationship.......

which is perhaps why it was and is still a pretty messy break up.....

Josie almost had it all....a lucrative career and a cute boyfriend who she could twist around her little finger...but she blew it ......

and she cant be that stupid...she must realise what she has lost, at least on one level..... which is why she has to pretend that she doesnt care at all....

and despite all her bravado about wanting a muscly boxer guy......why last summer when she entered BB, before she got involved with John, was she going on about how much she fancied George Lamb and wanted to marry him?
    It might have been just gameplaying....to get him on side, but George lamb is nothing like a muscly boxer....and neither is the presenter guy from OKTV who she was flirting with onscreen......

Another excellent post, Augusta. The whole 'Lambchop' thing really annoyed me, making her choice of getting John in the 'crabsuit' all the more spiteful. She had already proposed to 'Lambchop' in the diary room with Keeva, so doing it again meant nothing. It was another one of the things that made me uneasy about her behaviour towards John, it was as if she enjoyed belittling him at times.
    Oo cute lol Apparently I have a reputation of liking BB hunks lol.So funny but really it is personality,they look good thou all of them;)Possibly good looking sons.If I am getting people talking then I have taste.Why should I like ugly ones anyway

You little hussy, you! :D;)
    This view would be supported by crabeyegate, where she pushed him to the limit with her lie, he was on the verge of leaving but backed down. And in a different way with Fire exit day. And possibly also at Christmas. Only this time (April 2011), he didn't relent. So perhaps you're right that she overestimated her control over him.
    Subsequently though all I've seen is a combination of PR Josie playing the sympathy card and her "Keeva-style" response to someone who crossed her and whom she sees as a threat. Not a genuine emotional hurt response.

I can no longer remember Annie, sorry. :o
    Anyway to make it up to you, here's another one ;)
    sherrie1b.jpg

Great post Alex. I think it came as a bit of a shock to her. I'm sure I remember her bemoaning the fact that he didn't back down as he used to in the BB house. Wracking my brains now to remember where I saw that.:confused:
    Fabulous pic of Sherrie, one of the best.

For Rainbow What pictures may I ask, am I missing something, come on give!:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just before noon so Morning! Agree always had in the back of my mind that she didnt know what he was up to and so couldnt be in control of him hence panic more than anything else ending in walking out! Also think BB knew she was gonna walk so made sure John was in the area so it could be caught on camera!

Enough of looking backwards that far! Hope everyone is well including bad shoulders ,backs and anything else ! Off to buy wool to make some big pom poms for next monday! Lets hope these actually turn into balls and dont collapse!

Still appreciating John James and his ;) and missing his :D

Loving this post, especially BIB:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    liberty4u2 wrote: »
    Can't find a link to the article, sounds about right though;)

Could a link be posted please.:)

http://twitpic.com/photos/JosieGibsonClub
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tooty wrote: »

Thanks tooty!

Pretty much as I had expected from our resident *mucker*, no surprises there! I hadn't noticed the lip filler; I thought it was one of those cosmetic enhancing lip-glosses. She is a pretty girl, a big girl, and quite vain in reality! Her references to John are by default, nasty.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Afternoon all, hope you are all well - hope your shoulder gets better soon Crisi :)
    I can no longer remember Annie, sorry. :o
    Anyway to make it up to you, here's another one ;)
    sherrie1b.jpg

BIB - It's Sherrie's Fb page picture, recently changed :)
    Lena J wrote: »

Another excellent post, Augusta. The whole 'Lambchop' thing really annoyed me, making her choice of getting John in the 'crabsuit' all the more spiteful. She had already proposed to 'Lambchop' in the diary room with Keeva, so doing it again meant nothing. It was another one of the things that made me uneasy about her behaviour towards John, it was as if she enjoyed belittling him at times.

I know I don't post in here much these days, but wanted to say I've read through some good posts on here, interesting to read :)

Re. the above, I agree; if Josie had just chosen to propose to George Lamb - as you say she'd done it before no problem, then whole day would have panned out very differently, possibly the rest of the week. Josie knew that John would kick off re. the crab outfit... that was more than evident by her attempts to lie about her options. There can be only one reason why she chose the crab outfit, and that was to aggravate John, which she obviously succeeded in doing :)

Right, brief visit, I know I don't post often, but I do read :)
  • Options
    Hello_GoodbyeHello_Goodbye Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    In all honesty i dont know how anyone can say with a straight face Josie cough CHAV is more attractive than John's new girl she is mega HOT!!!

Well Played John
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBL... *Achilleans*;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Afternoon all, hope you are all well - hope your shoulder gets better soon Crisi :)

I know I don't post in here much these days, but wanted to say I've read through some good posts on here, interesting to read :)

Re. the above, I agree; if Josie had just chosen to propose to George Lamb - as you say she'd done it before no problem, then whole day would have panned out very differently, possibly the rest of the week. Josie knew that John would kick off re. the crab outfit... that was more than evident by her attempts to lie about her options. There can be only one reason why she chose the crab outfit, and that was to aggravate John, which she obviously succeeded in doing :)

Ditto !!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In all honesty i dont know how anyone can say with a straight face Josie cough CHAV is more attractive than John's new girl [/B]she is mega HOT!!!

Well Played John

She is hot, as you say. Similar looking to Josie; the blue eyes and blonde hair, very pretty etc. She is however, not in the public eye, as off yet? not belittling him at every god given opportunuty... Josie was/is jealous of John!
  • Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Better than this one you reckon?? ;)
    sherrie1cobley.jpg

I think this one is better IMO of course
  • Options
    Forum Member

Think you might be right, but I'm still not sure that they discussed magazine deals. I do agree that Josie was worried about John leaving, although he did say he would be there for the final. Wouldn't the agreement about magazines make the whole relationship fake as discussed upstairs? I honestly think John did care for Josie - at least until October/November time. I also agree that John would have changed his mind about the magazines, but I expect he did them because he signed a contract and wanted to see Josie financially secure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lena J wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm just back from the dentist, frozen on one side and considerably lighter in the wallet!:( Sitting here drinking my cuppa through a straw a la JJP, it's that or dribbling out the side of my mouth, not at all attractive. On the plus side my teeth now look like this :D

Hope everyone's aches and pains are feeling better, maybe we should all book ourselves into a spa for hot stone massages and mud baths. Always wondered what it's like to be slathered in mud. Just so long as no lettuce leaves are on the menu, I don't do lettuce!

Goodness you have all been busy, off to catch up.:)

Hope you are feeling better Lena. I really sympathize with you. I have just paid off my dental bill and now I am truly broke. Great idea about the spa. Massage always helps me.

Have a rest and see you later or tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »

Good to see your post Muggins.

I also have to agree with you. I always thought it very odd that Josie chose the crab outfit. Perhaps she wanted to make him look bad in the eyes of the public? Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think you might be right, but I'm still not sure that they discussed magazine deals. I do agree that Josie was worried about John leaving, although he did say he would be there for the final. Wouldn't the agreement about magazines make the whole relationship fake as discussed upstairs? I honestly think John did care for Josie - at least until October/November time. I also agree that John would have changed his mind about the magazines, but I expect he did them because he signed a contract and wanted to see Josie financially secure.

They did discuss it because the relationship hadnt happened in the house and they agreed to give interviews if asked.It sounded like a one off from Josie at the time not what it has turned out to be.John agreed provided that is what Josie wanted and he would give the money to her.He comfirmed it with Davina during the eviction interview.That is why he was stunned when she then went on by herself to sell the arbotion story as well as that fact it was untasty and imo not neccessary. If John had stayed outside the BB hse for about 2 weeks alone,he wouldnt have done those interviews.The interview he gave in Melbourne at Christmas he said "there is pressure on us to make it work"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R.E magazine deals

I think John did the first two when he first came out of the house because he thought that his fans deserved it
    and thought maybe he should make a few pounds while he had the chance
    and then the joint mag interviews for Josie.
    As for Josie I did and still do believe her that in the house she wasn't really interested in fame and the mag deals. And I do think in the beginning she planned on doing a few while people are interested and then fade away sort of thing. However, I do think things changed as she had a taste of the fame and the rest is history
  • Options
    ellemayellemay Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see your post Muggins.

I also have to agree with you. I always thought it very odd that Josie chose the crab outfit. Perhaps she wanted to make him look bad in the eyes of the public? Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?

Not sure why but i thought that was the outcome BB wanted. It made better telly. I would like to ask Josie if BB helped her in her decision.
This discussion has been closed.