Series 7 Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In

Comments

• Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gslam2 wrote: »
    Huh? The BBC will cover the US election but not to the extent it knocks other programmes off the schedule - not on BBC1 anyway.
    I was referring more to the sport events, like the Olympics and Euro 2012 :o
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Jessica Raine from Call The Midwife is guest starring in an upcoming episode of the show. The one directed by Jamie Payne, according to Doctor Who TV Blog.
  • MarkBluemelMarkBluemel Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Who's the sexiest - Amy or River or Clara?

Answers on a postcard please.

It may show my age, my tastes or my discrimination :-) but I find River sexier than Amy. Amy is perhaps prettier, but there is something earthier and more primally sexual about River.

I'm not in a position to comment on Clara based on a few press photos.
  • ShevkShevk Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find River sexier.
    Though as a gay male, that response may be counter-intuitive.
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Shevk wrote: »
    I find River sexier.
    Though as a gay male, that response may be counter-intuitive.

:D

Totally! I'm a gay male too, and I so would with River. :D There's something kind of dirty about her. :o
    Forum Member
    From this month's DWM ...

I think its the ep that was mentioned in the last issue and it also stars Dougray Scott and is in their words fabulously spooky. DWM also mentions a massive (also their words) adventure by Mark Gatiss directed by Douglas Mackinnon and starring David Warner and Liam Cunningham.
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would like to see Canton again but how ?. His storyline invovled Amy,Rory and River back in 1969.
    Liked him but think they should have left him as an old man helping to get rid of the doctors "body".
    Plus an Australlian episode would be great. Maybe he meets an allien crocodile or black widow spider?. Think scary and then add some.
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Would like to see Canton again but how ?. His storyline invovled Amy,Rory and River back in 1969.
    Liked him but think they should have left him as an old man helping to get rid of the doctors "body".
    Plus an Australlian episode would be great. Maybe he meets an allien crocodile or black widow spider?. Think scary and then add some.

Well he could have met The Doctor with Amy and Rory or even with the new companion after the events of The Impossible Astronaut/Day of The Moon. When we see him as an old man, from his own POV / time line he could have had numerous encounters with them. But from Amy, Rory's and River's timeline they hadn't yet met him.
  • DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From this month's DWM ...

I think its the ep that was mentioned in the last issue and it also stars Dougray Scott and is in their words fabulously spooky. DWM also mentions a massive (also their words) adventure by Mark Gatiss directed by Douglas Mackinnon and starring David Warner and Liam Cunningham.

That's some good talent being cast there.....I wonder if the 'massive' refers literally to the building of the largest set they've ever used, which was mentioned earlier this year
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DICKENS99 wrote: »
    That's some good talent being cast there.....I wonder if the 'massive' refers literally to the building of the largest set they've ever used, which was mentioned earlier this year

Or does the word 'massive' refer to the rumoured large green scaly monsters?
    David Warner eh? He's tall and would make for an excellent leader of such monsters...
  • EaglestrikerEaglestriker Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David Warner! Glad he gets to be in the series proper rather than just a (heavily modified) voiceover in that 'Dreamland' cartoon.
    Forum Member
    The casting for Series 7 so far has been impeccible, hasn't it?
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hello, Sara. :)

You aren't the only one who would love to see Canton back. Of course, he's in 1969, (and presumably married to his boyfriend) but there's no reason why the Doctor can't visit 1969 again, and maybe whisk Canton off to somewhere or somewhen else. :D
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Warner! Glad he gets to be in the series proper rather than just a (heavily modified) voiceover in that 'Dreamland' cartoon.

David Warner? *swoons*

Some fantastic people in series 7! It must be costing a fair bit to get all these big(gish) names.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    starring David Warner and Liam Cunningham.

Awesome. He was one of the only redeeming features of Outcasts, and he plays one of my favourite characters in Game of Thrones. Plus he's been revealed as a guest star in the next series of Merlin... a pretty busy man!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    David Warner and Liam Cunningham have both been up for the role of The Doctor in previous incarnations. DW was considered to takeover from Tom Baker and Liam Cunningham auditioned for the 1996 TVM.
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expect I'm completely behind the times but according to this article about the Merlin premiere air date, DW will have started a few weeks before the 29th September (nothing more specific). Good news that it could be started in a mere month or two!

I've only been lurking at the edges of series 7 info so I apologise if this is a double post :)
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Just read these messages on GB and had to post them here, I laughed so hard :D

I quite like the comedy Dalek in The Chase so maybe he's in the Asylum

THAT would be brilliant....he's probably running the place along with the suicidal half-wit from ''Death''. Those 2 would make a great double act...!!'''errrrr...ummmmmm....''

Death Dalek: Is everything proceeding on schedule?
    Chase Dalek: Derrrr... Y - Yes I think so
    Death Dalek: Is the Lasagne ready for Dalek Dinner Time?
    Chase Dalek: I errrr.... ummm... I'm not sure... I thought it was Macaroni Cheese Night?
    Death Dalek: I hate Macaroni Cheese! All good Dalek's hate Macaroni Cheese Night... I have failed!!!
    Chase Dalek: Errr... ummm... don't beat yourself up about it. Derrrrr... you don't want to stress out again.... where's is you stress ball?
    Death Dalek: It's too late... I. HAVE. FAILED!!!!

*pop. sizzle.bang*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's hoping they get Patrick Stewart for the Christmas Special. :) I'm sure he's expressed interest in the past.
    Forum Member
    Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill were doing some more pick up shots today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill were doing some more pick up shots today.

Shame. Kind of cheapens their supposed final day of shooting. Reminds me of Tennant's last scenes.
    Forum Member
    Shame. Kind of cheapens their supposed final day of shooting. Reminds me of Tennant's last scenes.

The way I see it, at least Moffat and company are making sure everything is in order for Amy/Rory and pick up shots are fairly common place anyways.
  • MarkBluemelMarkBluemel Posts: 1,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Get real. Making TV or film drama isn't a simple linear process,

Neither the actors nor the producers of the drama have to fullfill your expectations of a nice tidy process. The drama when finished will (should) do that, but if you don't want your illusions shattered, don't follow the production process.

Drama is a bit like Law and sausages - what they all have in common is that the consumers shouldn't watch them being made.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Gallifrey Base has info that there wil be a lone Ice Warrior in the submarine story they have been filming, written by Mark Gatiss (which is also the one featruing David Warner and Liam Cunningham)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gallifrey Base has info that there wil be a lone Ice Warrior in the submarine story they have been filming, written by Mark Gatiss (which is also the one featruing David Warner and Liam Cunningham)

Gatiss tweet 3 hours ago ...

Mark Gatiss ‏@Markgatiss
    Surfaced.

:)
This discussion has been closed.