Options

Ten Years since the Soham Murders

PANNAL1PANNAL1 Posts: 8,905
Forum Member
Hard to believe it was so long ago, as i can still remember the case as it unfolded to it's tragic conclusion.

Comments

• Options
    Uk LtdUk Ltd Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nowadays DS Forum would have cracked that sorry case early on. Maxine Carr always looked very guilty.

She is already free actually, to think she may well have sat and watched that documentary the other night in the comfort of her new home with her new identity.
  • Options
    Sprite123Sprite123 Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thoughts and Prayers to the family and friends connected - especially the parents.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Uk Ltd wrote: »
    Nowadays DS Forum would have cracked that sorry case early on. Maxine Carr always looked very guilty.

She is already free actually, to think she may well have sat and watched that documentary the other night in the comfort of her new home with her new identity.

Yeah her hair probably would have given it away
  • Options
    franciefrancie Posts: 31,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PANNAL1 wrote: »
    Hard to believe it was so long ago, as i can still remember the case as it unfolded to it's tragic conclusion.

Dear me, 10 years? Time's gone so quickly - doubt it has for the affected families though.
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thing about Maxine was she was Incredibly stupid to support Huntley by giving him an alibi. However she was not a Myra Hindley whatever is said about her, she did not take part in the killing of the two girls.
  • Options
    housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    kevin and Nicola wells have done their daughter proud you never hear anything about the Chapmans they always were the ones that were low key bless them and they must still hurt as much this weekend
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hard to believe it's been so long, to think of the life those girls should have had by now. :(
  • Options
    tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member
    I hope Ian's enjoyed his first ten years of stir. Only 30 more to go now (at least) :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope the parents are getting on with their lives the best they can. Without too much intrustion, Ill never forget that woman who drove miles to Soham and said she had to be there for them.

She did not know them nor her they, it annoyed me tbh as we had similar whem my BIL died people who we didn't know coming up to us saying we're here for you. I was feeling well thankyou but go away you don't know us and your making me feel uncomfortable.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

With her husband and child :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With her husband and child :mad:

Is she not allowed a life anymore just because she was very stupid to believe a murderer when he said "the police are going to fit me up" She was not there and when this conversation took place the girls were already dead.

She came across to me as a gulible easily led woman who when she realised the truth tried to reverse some of the damage but it was too late.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Thing about Maxine was she was Incredibly stupid to support Huntley by giving him an alibi. However she was not a Myra Hindley whatever is said about her, she did not take part in the killing of the two girls.

Yes,not condoning her but I always got the impression that she was a bit slow and not really all there. He probably manipulated her into lying for him.

Can't believe it's been ten years:(:cry:
  • Options
    Uk LtdUk Ltd Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treme wrote: »
    I hope Ian's enjoyed his first ten years of stir. Only 30 more to go now (at least) :)

Two overdoses, attacked with a knife and had boiling water thrown all over him in several occasions

Safe to see hes enjoying it :)
  • Options
    tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member
    Two overdoses, attacked with a knife and had boiling water thrown all over him in several occasions

Safe to see hes enjoying it :)

Couldn't happen to a nicer chap.