How would you save ITV Breakfast?

124»

Comments

• Options
    television2004television2004 Posts: 2,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For a start make it 7 days a week.!
    Sky News and BBC Breakfast News carry on at the weekends two days for ITV to lose viewers.
  • Options
    Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe they could ask for special dispensation to have, say, six, one minute add breaks, instead of the longer breaks they have at the moment. Way back in the 60's and 70's even though pre-recorded there used to be half minute ad breaks on world of Sport when the wrestling was on to give the impression it was live. It worked better that way, If you switch on and get 3 minutes plus of ads and trailers and you're in a hurry you are likely to turn over to BBC.
  • Options
    TORPIDO 1TORPIDO 1 Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    itv basically need the terms of the breakfast licence to be altered or revoked but still be forced to do a lifestyle newsy programme at that time of the morning based upon their timings for example the itv breakfast news from 6- 7:30 followed by good morning brtiain a more light hearted programme but still with news andthen lorraine 9- 10 followedby jeremy kyle fo1 hour then this morning for 90 minutes with no news update included within through to loose women at 12;40 and then back onto scheduleas now.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday Daybreak got a touch over 600,000 viewers and BBC Breakfast 1.69 million so I suspect the patient is beyond hope and the life support will soon be turned off. Yet another relaunch would be a huge humiliation for ITV.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    6:00 - 7:00 Daybreak
    7:00 - 10:00 This Morning with Aled and Kate
    10:00 - 12:30 This Morning with Philip and Holly
    12:30 - 13:30 Loose Women
    13:30 - 14:00 News
    14:00 - 15:00 Lorraine

With opt out at 9:25 for STV and UTV branding introduction
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tvworld101 wrote: »
    6:00 - 7:00 Daybreak
    7:00 - 10:00 This Morning with Aled and Kate
    10:00 - 12:30 This Morning with Philip and Holly
    12:30 - 13:30 Loose Women
    13:30 - 14:00 News
    14:00 - 15:00 Lorraine

With opt out at 9:25 for STV and UTV branding introduction

You're from the BBC aren't you!:)

The once great ITV pre 1993 reduced to that schedule.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You're from the BBC aren't you!:)

The once great ITV pre 1993 reduced to that schedule.

Basically the same as it is now, minus trashy Kyle. Lorraine would be move to afternoons and become the UK's Oprah.

No not from the beeb. More of an ITV person anyway
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You do realise that creates six and a half hours (I'm not even including Loose Women) to fill with This Morning/Lorraine type drivel. I never watch anyway, but that would be more than 30 hours a week to be filled with the inane trivia.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You do realise that creates six and a half hours (I'm not even including Loose Women) to fill with This Morning/Lorraine type drivel. I never watch anyway, but that would be more than 30 hours a week to be filled with the inane trivia.

TODAY on NBC air from 7 until 11, and could soon be adding another hour.
    It would out with the old and in with the new. New content, new look, new music...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Give me a days worth of content. Then remember you have to do it 5 days a week, 50 weeks of the year (two weeks off for old films at christmas) There simply aren't enough Z list celebrities, and mind numbing rubbish to keep that schedule up. Will any of that interest men? No, so there's a large chunk of your potential audience who won't be interested.

Oh for 40 years ago. Three channels, no programmes before 4.45pm, and enough money to make good, proper programmes in the evening. The 'talent' is spread far to thinly these days.
  • Options
    RijowhiRijowhi Posts: 1,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    6:00 ITV News
    6:30 ITV Morning Newshour
    includes Regional News bulletins at 6:45 and 7:15.
    7:30 Music A.M
    The latest and greatest Music Videos, Performances and Celebrity Interviews. Includes the Music A.M News ticker...woah!.
    8:30 Lorraine

Almost the same as Supernovadragon I've just realised...that could be two viewers then...
  • Options
    AndyB2007AndyB2007 Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe fix the format.

The format's a factor why Daybreak's failing- have they won any awards compared to GMTV?