Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 9)

Comments

• sixtynotoutsixtynotout Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    I know its a bit sad but what really annoys me about that advert is that he uses the word "pronto" to mean quick whereas it actually means "hello"

Acording to my husband who is italian, it can be used for either.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh great, I've just seen the caterwauling ice cream (anyone who has watched Weekly Wipe will get this) in the latest O2 advert.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    EIwood wrote: »
    That stupid diet coke advert where the women shake it up, roll it to the man so he gets wet and has to take his shirt off.

another example of male degradation on TV, that is totally acceptable, yet if it was a group of men doing it to a scantly clad woman, it'd be pulled post haste!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuHV4gwSXn4

Like the Lynx ad with the shower guy stripping the girls on the beach?

If you don't like it, complain complain complain. Get it pulled.
    I don't have a problem wit the Diet Coke ad personally or the Lynx one.
    Its like the Sprite ad from a few years back with the girl with the ridiculously hard nipples in ridiculously hot weather who takes her top off to obscure a camera for some reason
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8Uq_mU6M7M&feature=youtube_gdata_player

People probably moaned about that being sexist too.
    If you want uproar start creating it :)
  • Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new More Than Ad is as bad as they come. Now I come from St Albans. It's a nice town. What have we done to deserve this monstrosity

http://youtu.be/U12Ug0e2ghU
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Just seen a BBC trailer with a twee acoustic version of the Joybringer Suite/I Vow to Thee My Country... ARGGHHH!
    A beautiful tune, however, these twee baby covers must be stopped! :(
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    The new Fiat 500 ad. It's just bloody awful
  • eviled2010eviled2010 Posts: 23,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Just seen a BBC trailer with a twee acoustic version of the Joybringer Suite/I Vow to Thee My Country... ARGGHHH!
    A beautiful tune, however, these twee baby covers must be stopped! :(

Yes, I have heard/seen that ad a few times...it's one of the worst of those twee baby cover versions and that's really saying something!
    :mad:
  • anthpiefaceanthpieface Posts: 956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marcla wrote: »
    Just seen it now , find it quite fanny, but i wonder how long it will be before the "morons" go moaning to ofcom.

Why should people complain my mother was a Fanny:D
  • marclamarcla Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Call me a moron if you desire but I did go moaning to OFCOM about those irritating begging adverts shown during daytime tv that targets and guilt trips the elderly and vulnerable into parting with cash for some African lost cause.

How many elderly,vulnerable people feel distressed and pressurised into giving money through the 'Ayesha won't sleep tonight' targeted adverts. The morons who allow these adverts are no better than leeches who go door to door pretending to be gas men ect.

I agree something needs to be done about these "emotional blackmail" adverts especially those that "dictate" an amount to donate.
    My original post was about a light hearted ad, which some people would take the wrong way.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturday Night Take-away Bingo? Oh PISS OFF! :mad:
    Forum Member
    The new More Than Ad is as bad as they come. Now I come from St Albans. It's a nice town. What have we done to deserve this monstrosity

http://youtu.be/U12Ug0e2ghU

Oh dear :(
    I like where I live as well, its what I call home. Luckily I was probably away/doing something else that day they were wandering round the town centre and passed the clock tower... :eek: I would have crossed the street to avoid them.
    Notice how they didnt film the top end of town (where McDonalds used to be), now its just 99p/pound shops! :D:(
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diet food adverts where some person who doesnt need to diet (special K, Weighwatchers) is moaning how they need to loose weight
    change for life seems they are stuffing healthy eating down our throats
    Forum Member
    Also in that advert, it should be noted that:
    St. Albans is a CITY
    Not a TOWN

:)
    Forum Member
    Diet food adverts where some person who doesnt need to diet (special K, Weighwatchers) is moaning how they need to loose weight
    change for life seems they are stuffing healthy eating down our throats

I wish Change For Life would PISS OFF with their patronising crap :mad:
  • oscar1oscar1 Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    The Bertolli spread advert. A group of old women sending their dog to steal a towel off a naked young man. Could you imagine the complaints if it was a group of old men stealing a towel off a young woman and leaving her naked.

I thought exactly the same !!
    Regards
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    The magnum infinity ice cream I had awhile back didn't grow back like they say in the ad I just saw on Motors TV, very disappointed now, should I complain to ofcom for false advertising or sue the company???
  • LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am always irritated by those commercials advertising laxatives. They always feature a woman and she is always walking through a park or going shopping....why always a woman:confused:

Men get constipated too :mad:

Then there's that one where the woman comes waltzing out of her door with a self satisfied smile on her face
    So aggravating :mad: what is so special about having a s*** :confused::mad:
  • LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pnp63 wrote: »
    The magnum infinity ice cream I had awhile back didn't grow back like they say in the ad I just saw on Motors TV, very disappointed now, should I complain to ofc com for false advertising or sue the company???

what I hate most is that bloody crunching when the girl bites into her Magnum :mad:
    And to crown it all that wretched whispering simpering dame is back with her Secret Escapes :mad:
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Euromillions adverts get on my nerves. The chances of getting into Hector Viva's world through the method of the Euro lottery is incredibly low.
  • spanglerokapispanglerokapi Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The "sponsored by People's Friend" that appears before and after the ad breaks on ITV 3 afternoon drama. Some old bird fantasising about calling a plumber in, any leaks she's got could be fixed with a packet of Tenalady!
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the posh bird from Victoria Plum really grinds my gears
  • RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bet victor ones irritate me, well, the man who follows 'Victor' around wanting betting tips.

The Kerry Katona loans one. Shows a magazine with 'Kerry's cash woes' and then she encourages you to solve it by borrowing from someone with a zillion percent interest rate. Irresponsible, if not annoying.

The twee 'I vow to thee my country'. The rugby fan in me screams 'nooooooo!' as well as the fact they've ruined a beautiful tune.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member

Is that a youthanism??:D:eek:
  • HeadancerHeadancer Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    Worst bits on TV

The bloke who uses turbo power....and that bloke STILL stuck waiting for a rescue van......
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She aint posh?:confused:
This discussion has been closed.