Options

The Grand Theft Auto V Thread

Comments

• Options
    Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Initial impression. Extremely immersive. Stunning to look at and almost feels next gen. Only negative, and it was very apparent from the get go, is the driving aspect. Very unsatisfying. Possibly the worst driving physics I've experienced in a game in a long long time. Makes me want to stop playing the game but then everything else is so god damn amazing that I can't. Ah well, back to the game.
  • Options
    dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whip wrote: »
    As far as I know completely independent storyline.

Thanks for that and starsailor
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon79 wrote: »
    Only negative, and it was very apparent from the get go, is the driving aspect. Very unsatisfying. Possibly the worst driving physics I've experienced in a game in a long long time.

Thank you, I said this on Saturday after watching a HD quality stream of it. I got told to not judge befor I play it myself, you have and you agree, it's crap.

That's good enough for me to stand by my comment.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Postman has been and gone & no game from Very :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Postman usually due around 12 so a bit to wait, anyone receive their order from GAME today?
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Anybody had problems redeeming their blimp code? or anybody tried it yet?
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Postman usually due around 12 so a bit to wait, anyone receive their order from GAME today?

My collectors edition tracking number says delivery between 1.30 and 3.30 :) luckily my brother is at work so I'll just use his again.
  • Options
    Wii UnfitWii Unfit Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Some characters turn up in more than one game. Claude was the playable character in GTA3 and then turned up in GTA:SA. Catalina is in both 3 and SA too.
    But you should be able to jump straight in.

Installing now... 7.6gb. Come on!
    Steelbook is lovely and I'm liking the blueprint map too. Think I'll hang both up.

Don't install!

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/16/rockstar-advises-against-full-gta-v-install-download-version-may-be-inferior-4029136/
  • Options
    Weigh-ManWeigh-Man Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone who ordered from Shopto got there copy yet?

When I check the royal mail tracking it says, there is no information available on your item, but it was dispatched on Saturday.
  • Options
    mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wii Unfit wrote: »
    Don't install!

Don't install... the second disc if you're on 360.

If you're PS3, you have to install from the one and only disc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weigh-Man wrote: »
    Has anyone who ordered from Shopto got there copy yet?

When I check the royal mail tracking it says, there is no information available on your item, but it was dispatched on Saturday.

Try this link

http://www.royalmail.com/trackdetails
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mojobrew wrote: »
    Don't install... the second disc if you're on 360.

If you're PS3, you have to install from the one and only disc.

But as far as I know there are zero problems with the PS3 version.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Casually strolled into Tesco this morning on my way to work and grabbed myself a copy.
  • Options
    Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished up the first mission. LOVED the original score song that ran through it. Very atmospheric.
  • Options
    Nolan DeckardNolan Deckard Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Anybody had problems redeeming their blimp code? or anybody tried it yet?

No problems here, redeemed and downloaded before playing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whip wrote: »
    But as far as I know there are zero problems with the PS3 version.

Exactly, the stupid article was pure speculation based on the author not having a clue about WHY not to install the second 360 disc.
  • Options
    Weigh-ManWeigh-Man Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mojobrew wrote: »

It says there is a problem with my tracking number, but I cut and pasted it straight from the shopto site.
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew not to install the second disc but the noise is a bit annoying after the past few years of near silence.
    Keeping an eye on the time. Have to be out at 10:45 or I'll be late meeting a mate... he doesn't understand.

FYI I ordered from GAME and mine got here when the postie usually delivers so don't panic people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I knew not to install the second disc but the noise is a bit annoying after the past few years of near silence.
    Keeping an eye on the time. Have to be out at 10:45 or I'll be late meeting a mate... he doesn't understand.

FYI I ordered from GAME and mine got here when the postie usually delivers so don't panic people.

If u have a big enough memory stick you can Install the play disc on that and there is no issues. It's only an issue when both discs are installed in the same place.
  • Options
    He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    starsailor wrote: »
    The same as mine, but that may well mean it's there to be delivered today.

Mine just arrived, and the tracking still says that its at the delivery office so they may be just slow at updating today.
  • Options
    starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He4rt wrote: »
    Mine just arrived, and the tracking still says that its at the delivery office so they may be just slow at updating today.

Mine say it's been 'delivered', so hopefully will be waiting on the mat for when I get home!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sure my order on games website says not shipped, yet its on its way :/ I guess all the websites have never dealt with so many orders and are having issues.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    got this for 30 quid today, guy at work is obsessed with games and is going back today to buy collectors edition or something, so he is selling me his day old standard edition at a reduced rate lol

i dont even really want it that bad, i need to complete sleeping dogs and ideally GTA4 first.