Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you all need to stop panicking about an iTunes position. I just looked up last time and John Fogerty ended up at #10 on iTunes and pulled #3 officially from physicals beating out LM so calm yo tits.

Ah yes, just seen your quote..

"I think Fogerty is out of the running for #3, to be honest." :D

I think the physical sales will be pretty good so I stand by my #3 prediction, regardless of where they end up on the iTunes chart by weeks end. I suspect they will end up dipping towards the bottom half of the top 10. Not going to get carried away with reevaluating sales just yet...
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^I was hoping nobody saw that, darn you! I think the NOW compilation could come in big since those kinds of things usually do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now I'm depressed.

YOUR NEW RELEASES: Now 49 appears set for #1 next week. Can the Frozen soundtrack, which has been a spoiler for both Beyonc� and the 2014 Grammy Nominees compilation, do it again and log a fifth week atop our chart? Stay tuned. Here are this week's key debuts.

Now 49 (UMe) 90-95k
    Toni Braxton & Babyface (Motown) 55-60k
    Broken Bells (Columbia) 40-45k
    Little Mix (Columbia) 35-40k
    Speaking of Toni and Babyface, the pair are running a veritable gauntlet of TV appearances promoting their Motown duet album, following this morning's Good Morning America appearance with a Braxton Family Values segment tomorrow night, another GMA spot and a Live With Kelly and Michael appearance on Friday, a 2/11 Conan look and more Family Values (include the season finale), among other broadcast opportunities. What, no Downton Abbey?

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    oh god :(:(:(:(
  • DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now I'm depressed.

YOUR NEW RELEASES: Now 49 appears set for #1 next week. Can the Frozen soundtrack, which has been a spoiler for both Beyonc� and the 2014 Grammy Nominees compilation, do it again and log a fifth week atop our chart? Stay tuned. Here are this week's key debuts.

Now 49 (UMe) 90-95k
    Toni Braxton & Babyface (Motown) 55-60k
    Broken Bells (Columbia) 40-45k
    Little Mix (Columbia) 35-40k
    Speaking of Toni and Babyface, the pair are running a veritable gauntlet of TV appearances promoting their Motown duet album, following this morning's Good Morning America appearance with a Braxton Family Values segment tomorrow night, another GMA spot and a Live With Kelly and Michael appearance on Friday, a 2/11 Conan look and more Family Values (include the season finale), among other broadcast opportunities. What, no Downton Abbey?

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

I believe Toni could be higher than them because her promo will actually be more effective because people already know who she is so it may spark interest from old fans.

Little Mix are going on TV to an audience who doesn't even know them so I don't expect them to buy the album maybe the single but not the album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DreC wrote: »
    I believe Toni could be higher than them because her promo will actually be more effective because people already know who she is so it may spark interest from old fans.

Who cares about Toni? Look at the sales projections. Where are the fanbase from last time?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The numbers are literally parallel to the UK same with DNA damn.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares about Toni? Look at the sales projections. Where are the fanbase from last time?

I mention her because I had said that she'd be behind them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The numbers are literally parallel to the UK same with DNA damn.

Forget about another country. Its 20% down from US opening sales of the first album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forget about another country. Its 20% down from US opening sales of the first album.

and it was down in the UK too that's the point they're losing sales on both sides
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With DNA they had abit of promo two months before the album came out then they went back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and it was down in the UK too that's the point they're losing sales on both sides

I am not surprised and had an inkling that some of the chart positions and sales were wildly optimistic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    I am not surprised and had an inkling that some of the chart positions and sales were wildly optimistic.

It's higher than your prediction
  • RayforeverRayforever Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member

They had allot more media backing on the last album(maybe it was because its was the first album) even though the promo wasn't the best magazines printed about them and interviewed them which kept the message going this time they only started to promote the album on the day of release.

maybe the record label/management are happy with the sales because the girls never seem to get the amount of promo others artist on their label do.

I just read yesterday someone was waiting for a friend to get a wrist band for a signing with a band they didn't know existed till yesterday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering that they don't have a song on radio right now ..... I think it's pretty good.. my prediction was 30-40K because I thought it would do the same like the UK.......

Edit: It's disappointing, but LM are in the US for a while.... so if they can stay in the top ten for weeks to come I'll be happy :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good enough. No single to radio. Mixers just need help try and get the airplay when time comes!

Yeah it sucks it's down. But I'm not upset.

IF "move" becomes a major or minor hit, it'll help the album long term. Just gotta take it as it comesz
  • AshleyRoseXAshleyRoseX Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They need that 1D support act role.

This was probably a reason Columbia initiated the role in the first place. They are still virtually unknown in the US. Supporting 1D in arenas across the USA is what's needed.

It's too hard for girl groups in today's industry.

Boy groups will always prosper, just by looking cute and having British accents.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Intiated what role? (Yes I need it explained lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rayforever wrote: »
    They had allot more media backing on the last album(maybe it was because its was the first album) even though the promo wasn't the best magazines printed about them and interviewed them which kept the message going this time they only started to promote the album on the day of release.

maybe the record label/management are happy with the sales because the girls never seem to get the amount of promo others artist on their label do.

I just read yesterday someone was waiting for a friend to get a wrist band for a signing with a band they didn't know existed till yesterday.

I'm not surprised, they've hardly been in the USA much. I think they should consider living a month or two in the states after the UK summer tour.

Hopefully the Demi tour helps. I'm happy they have that this time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Intiated what role? (Yes I need it explained lol

Opening for 1D.

I still think it's happening and I'm all for it now. They need the exposure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chem wrote: »
    Considering that they don't have a song on radio right now .....

Yes, this is certainly an issue. The Wings song, although far from a massive hit, was liked where it was heard and will have helped with the sales.

Lets just see what happens over the course of the Demi tour as the single hopefully gathers momentum on the radio. We all know that a hit single is the key to success. The album out-performing DNA in the charts is all well and good, but in all honesty longevity is more important. I'd rather Salute debuted at 8 and was still in the top 40 by the time they leave, rather than debut at 1 and then freefall. A hit single might even see it peak higher later on.
  • Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if all of the concerts are sold out?
    Forum Member
    I actually thought their opening sales were up a bit in the UK. Huh, must have gotten that confused with Move sales. The UK dropoff is disappointing but not too steep compared with most X-Factor acts (pretty much all of them other than Olly Murs and 1D). The US dropoff is also disappointing, but not surprising considering they had no radio or mall tour lead this time. I just hope HDD isn't overestimating here; last week they projected Casting Crowns at 65-70k and they barely cleared 40k.

Isn't Japan down too? I haven't been following as closely, but I know DNA did 50k and Salute only had 10k last I looked. And I think Australia was way down, although it's a small enough piece of the puzzle that I don't feel like digging.

As Ashley said, they really need some big opening roles in the US/EU and 6-8 months of consistent radio play so people at least know who they are here. At that point Columbia can look at the aggregate sales and/or conversion rate and decide whether to really push or consign LM to being this decade's Girls Aloud (with a weaker domestic profile and a modest international tail that more-or-less makes up for it.)
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if all of the concerts are sold out?
    The Demi concerts? I haven't gone through all of them, but the few I looked at were like the one I'm seeing, which is sold out except for really crummy high side stage seating that was recently opened up.
  • Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nissl wrote: »
    The Demi concerts? I haven't gone through all of them, but the few I looked at were like the one I'm seeing, which is sold out except for really crummy high side stage seating that had just been opened up.

I only want to know about the Houston, Texas concert really. But its not important anymore.

In the meantime...Why is Jade being so quiet lately? Girl at the signing on Twitter said she was, is she homesick or?
This discussion has been closed.