Options

Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• Options
    alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liverpools strengths are in attack and by playing the way they do they will get three more often than not meaning they can afford to concede a goal or two. It is nothing more than the price you pay for open attacking football.
  • Options
    TalkmanTalkman Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sturridge is a goal scoring machine
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Well deserved goal for Sturridge! :D 2-5
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SAS combine 5-2 :D
  • Options
    kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    boom!

said last week that I could see us hammering cardiff. Sunderland will be hammered next!

So entertaining! :)
  • Options
    Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Against teams like Cardiff it's fine to be attack, attack, attack. That doesn't work against the very best teams, though. Thankfully it appears that this season there are only really 2 other top teams both of whom have to run the gauntlet of coming to Anfield.

Still, you cannot criticise the team's commitment. Playing like this we will win 7 of our last 9 games. The title will hinge on those 2 other games.
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    A lot of clubs would kill for players like Sturridge and Suarez. I hope you guys appreciate these talented players.:) Well done on your win today.
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Assa2 wrote: »
    Against teams like Cardiff it's fine to be attack, attack, attack. That doesn't work against the very best teams, though. Thankfully it appears that this season there are only really 2 other top teams both of whom have to run the gauntlet of coming to Anfield.

Still, you cannot criticise the team's commitment. Playing like this we will win 7 of our last 9 games. The title will hinge on those 2 other games.
    Think they'll be plenty more twists and turns.

By that I mean City and Chelsea dropping points unexpectedly...
  • Options
    Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,625
    Forum Member
    Could we get to 100 this season?
  • Options
    TalkmanTalkman Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sturridge has got 19 league goals now, incredible considering he missed a lot of games
    Through injury.....the most Owen got In the league I think was 19 and he took the penalties then and was considered worldclass by the media pundits
  • Options
    taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,956
    Forum Member
    misawa97 wrote: »
    Exactly. I don't know why people keep talking about the defense when they are watching a side which scores so many goals and wins most weeks.

We don't need to keep clensheets everyweek to win football matches which for me is nothing but a positive. No team wants to face us!!

Clensheets don't win football matches, goals do.

Sometimes I think some would rather we scored less goals if it meant we conceded less.

Well if you can guarantee 8 1-0 wins until the end of the season; count me in on that, please. Scoring points put more pressure on City and Chelsea.
  • Options
    Central cakeCentral cake Posts: 5,625
    Forum Member
    Cardiff scored again
  • Options
    alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have based your whole season around outscoring everyone and it is the reason you are being talked about for the title it is absolutely ridiculous to start hoping to scrape 1-0 wins. Your best comes when you just spring from the traps, like against us, like against Arsenal etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5-3, here they come lol
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    incredible seriously.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SUAREZ hat trick :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    6-3 Suarez hat trick :D
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another boring Saturday in the EPL.
  • Options
    kobashi100kobashi100 Posts: 5,774
    Forum Member
    If you have based your whole season around outscoring everyone and it is the reason you are being talked about for the title it is absolutely ridiculous to start hoping to scrape 1-0 wins. Your best comes when you just spring from the traps, like against us, like against Arsenal etc.

this what some people still fail to understand. The reason we are in this title race is because of the way we currently play.

attacking in numbers, scoring goals is where our strength lies.

I dont want to win 1-0 every week. its boring!
  • Options
    seelleeseellee Posts: 10,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem with scraping 1-0's all the time is that as soon as a time comes when you go one behind you are lost. This Liverpool team don't care if the other team scores first because they know they can outscore them and have the ability to comeback, you don't get that experience and confidence by winning 1-0 or trying to park the bus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just need the Hammers to beat Manure now for a perfect day :D
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    I was worried Suárez would miss out on his hat-trick. You could see his determination and his disappointment every time an opportunity was missed. Glad he got his reward. Shame Skrtel didn't get one. :p

We went a goal down twice in this game, only to go on to win by 3 goals. I can live without clean sheets if we can keep doing this. Obviously we'd have to be more careful against sides like Chelsea and City but Brendan is capable of changing his game to suit the opposition.

I hope Skrtel's contributions don't end up being forgotten while people are celebrating Luis. Hendo and Johnson also deserve praise. Hendo almost got another assist near the end.

Jealous, Mutch?
  • Options
    Lawro2Lawro2 Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two players scoring 20 goals or more in the premier league for the same team has only ever happened once. Drogba and Lampard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How on earth do you assess that? Another devastating offensive performance from us. :D

People can say what they like regarding the comments about our defending. It's not our attacking philosophy that caused Flanagan to just ignore Campbell in space near our box while a throw-in was taken, it was just poor defending on his part. Avoidable. It just didn't matter in the end though.

82 goals scored in 30 games... Wow. Suarez on 28 and Sturridge 19. They're simply head and shoulders above everyone else. With Arsenal taking a thumping we're now looking strong for a top 3 finish or maybe more. Just need to keep this level up for the last 8 games and anything is possible! :D
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    seellee wrote: »
    The problem with scraping 1-0's all the time is that as soon as a time comes when you go one behind you are lost. This Liverpool team don't care if the other team scores first because they know they can outscore them and have the ability to comeback, you don't get that experience and confidence by winning 1-0 or trying to park the bus.

Under Dalglish we very very rarely scored twice. You just knew games would be a struggle if we conceded. Today we fell behind twice but never concerned as you know this side believes that it doesn't matter what the opposition does as we can score more.

Another 6 today and and we have really kicked on with the wins away from home. Fulham, Southampton, Man Utd and now Cardiff and all with 3 or more goals.
This discussion has been closed.