Options

Hope Moffat doesn't leave it too long to tells us about the 50th anniversary...

daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,418
Forum Member
✭✭
I was thinking after yet another Multi-Doctor debate surfaced this week that Moffat really doesn't leave it too long before telling us whether any previous Doctors will appear or not. My hope is that he won't keep us guessing until the last minute as I think, with over a year left to go to the big day, most of us will be utterly sick of discussing the Multi-Doctor issue by then! :D

As the Sixth Doctor once said. 'The Sontarans and The Rutans have been warring for so long they forgot what started it.' . It really feels that way sometimes on here with this debate! :D

I personally would like to know sooner rather than later to encourage fresh debate about the anniversary and once we know one way or the other it at least gives us a new perspective on it, though I doubt the arguments will go away that readily but at least it'll give us something else to talk about! :D

Now before anyone jumps down my throat and accuses me of being the forum police, this is certainly not my intention. I'm not trying to discourage further debate on the multi-doctor debate, I certainly am not dictating what threads should or shouldn't be started on the issue and yes, I don't have to read any further threads on them and just ignore them. It's just that in recent weeks, there has been so many threads on this issue that they are becoming as tedious as the eternal RTD v SM Debate and that's why I hope Moffat doesn't leave it too long to let us know one way or the other so we can move on from that debate. Hope that makes sense.

:)

Comments

• Options
    dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you complain about the number of threads on the subject by starting a thread on the subject

Superior logic at work there

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you complain about the number of threads on the subject by starting a thread on the subject

Superior logic at work there

:D:D:D

But this isn't a thread about whether past Doctors should return........as evident by the thread title......:D
  • Options
    WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe we should just ask the Mods to merge all the 50th Anniversary threads and pin it so its obvious to everyone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Webslark wrote: »
    maybe we should just ask the Mods to merge all the 50th Anniversary threads and pin it so its obvious to everyone?

I second this
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But this isn't a thread about whether past Doctors should return........as evident by the thread title......:D

You said
    I personally would like to know sooner rather than later to encourage fresh debate about the anniversary

hardly encouraging fresh debate is it :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You said

hardly encouraging fresh debate is it :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The point was whether Moffat would decide one way or the other so we could get a different take on it. My concern is purely that by the time we actually get to the anniversary, we will have discussed this subject so much that we'll either get bored of the anniversary itself or we'll get to the point where we don't give a damn whether any Doctors return or not! As I said, there's still well over a year to go, that's a long time, though doubtless we won't have to wait that long for a decision! And as I said, I'm not trying to discourage any further debate and I'm not trying to start an argument either, I was hoping to keep it polite.......:)

Maybe I should have put a different spin on this thread. I'm not one for spoilers usually but if he said for example, the Daleks will be the adversary or John Simm would return as The Master, give us a little something so we could open the discussion up on the anniversary more rather than just the multi-doctor debate. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    Digging Hole Deeper... ;)
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    The point was whether Moffat would decide one way or the other so we could get a different take on it. My concern is purely that by the time we actually get to the anniversary, we will have discussed this subject so much that we'll either get bored of the anniversary itself or we'll get to the point where we don't give a damn whether any Doctors return or not! As I said, there's still well over a year to go, that's a long time, though doubtless we won't have to wait that long for a decision! And as I said, I'm not trying to discourage any further debate and I'm not trying to start an argument either, I was hoping to keep it polite.......:)

Maybe I should have put a different spin on this thread. I'm not one for spoilers usually but if he said for example, the Daleks will be the adversary or John Simm would return as The Master, give us a little something so we could open the discussion up on the anniversary more rather than just the multi-doctor debate. :)

BIB - some of us were at that as a default setting anyway. I'd much prefer to be worrying (or rather not, as the case is) that its a good story.

And if you get bored of the anniversary before it happens, that'll be your own fault for discussing it to death (that's a collective 'you' and 'your', not just aimed at you , davey)!

;)
  • Options
    sovietusernamesovietusername Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking after yet another Multi-Doctor debate surfaced this week that Moffat really doesn't leave it too long before telling us whether any previous Doctors will appear or not. My hope is that he won't keep us guessing until the last minute as I think, with over a year left to go to the big day, most of us will be utterly sick of discussing the Multi-Doctor issue by then! :D

As the Sixth Doctor once said. 'The Sontarans and The Rutans have been warring for so long they forgot what started it.' . It really feels that way sometimes on here with this debate! :D

I personally would like to know sooner rather than later to encourage fresh debate about the anniversary and once we know one way or the other it at least gives us a new perspective on it, though I doubt the arguments will go away that readily but at least it'll give us something else to talk about! :D

Now before anyone jumps down my throat and accuses me of being the forum police, this is certainly not my intention. I'm not trying to discourage further debate on the multi-doctor debate, I certainly am not dictating what threads should or shouldn't be started on the issue and yes, I don't have to read any further threads on them and just ignore them. It's just that in recent weeks, there has been so many threads on this issue that they are becoming as tedious as the eternal RTD v SM Debate and that's why I hope Moffat doesn't leave it too long to let us know one way or the other so we can move on from that debate. Hope that makes sense.

:)

SHIT, it's the Forum Police, RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUN like Sylvester McCoy with rice pudding!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    BIB - some of us were at that as a default setting anyway. I'd much prefer to be worrying (or rather not, as the case is) that its a good story.

And if you get bored of the anniversary before it happens, that'll be your own fault for discussing it to death (that's a collective 'you' and 'your', not just aimed at you , davey)!

;)

I do agree with that point and have been keeping any contributions to recent threads on the subject to a minimum. I have found myself repeating myself endlessly on other people repeating themselves, so have decided to keep stum more!:D
    SHIT, it's the Forum Police, RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUN like Sylvester McCoy with rice pudding!

I am going to report you to the Mods for crimes against Sylvester McCoy impressions! :D
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd guess there will be some announcements in November 2012.
    A year before the actual anniversary.

Plus we will probably (if it does start late August/early Sept) have had all the Pond episodes of Series 7 by then so that era of the show will be over.
  • Options
    CraigpughCraigpugh Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I second this

I thIrd it
  • Options
    UnicyclatrixUnicyclatrix Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Can I just put my own little spin on this?
    Give fandom a few random clues as to what might be going to happen and they go ballistic, throwing out theories and story ideas in all directions.
    The disappointing thing is, when you see the episode that all the speculation was about, I at least often think wow - there was so much that could have been done with that idea and maybe borgette321s suggestion (for example, hopefully there is no user with that name) would have been much better to see.
    It gives people an opportunity not only to express their opinions about things but exercise their imagination.
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't there an announcement a while ago about some sort of animated multi-Doctor story?
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    We're another 17 months off the special, I doubt we'll actually anything even basic about it until next year.
  • Options
    EaglestrikerEaglestriker Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't there an announcement a while ago about some sort of animated multi-Doctor story?

No official announcement, no. Just quite a good idea that's been banded around here a lot!

I reckon it could work, though I feel sorry for the Who actors who might consider it as just another audio story.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Moff mentioned in a DWM interview a few months back , that he doesn't want any news on the 50th anniversary , deflecting away from the publicity for the upcoming series. Once that's all done and shown by next spring , only then will we probably hear if the old fellas are coming back or not.:)