Slightly New Doctor Who Logo (potential spoilers)

davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
Forum Member
Just read on GB that the logo on the official website has been tweaked: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006q2x0

There has been a rumour concerning a new title sequence going around for a while now, so this has only stirred things further :)

Comments

• CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit less shiny, more a dull metallic look.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Bit less shiny, more a dull metallic look.

Yep
    it's turned completely grey. And the DW insignia is now on the right hand side ;)
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nononononono!! They made the website even worse, and after the last update I didn't think that was possible! :mad: :mad:

I don't mind the new metallic colour scheme, but it, like the rest of the website, now looks poorly made. It looks as if someone went on MS paint and cut the DW bit out and shifted it to the side. The slight symmetry of the previous logo was much better. Now it looks too heavy on one side.
    I really cannot see this fitting into the opening tiles of an episode well so I hope its for the website only.

It just feels...wrong.
    Badly proportioned!

Eh...maybe I'll get used to it, but at the moment: nonononononono!
  • EaglestrikerEaglestriker Posts: 3,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to think that a change of title sequence was always on the cards ever since Jenna Louise-Coleman was cast...bit hard to fit that in the current scheme with all the bulky lettering!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nononononono!! They made the website even worse, and after the last update I didn't think that was possible! :mad: :mad:

I don't mind the new metallic colour scheme, but it, like the rest of the website, now looks poorly made. It looks as if someone went on MS paint and cut the DW bit out and shifted it to the side. The slight symmetry of the previous logo was much better. Now it looks too heavy on one side.
    I really cannot see this fitting into the opening tiles of an episode well so I hope its for the website only.

It just feels...wrong.
    Badly proportioned!

Eh...maybe I'll get used to it, but at the moment: nonononononono!

Indeed it did look a bit MS Paint, but it's all been fixed now and looks nice...
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If there is going to be a new title sequence/theme I hope they save it till Christmas for the new companion's first episode. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't personally read too much in to the styling of the logo on the new Doctor Who as being related to a certainty of a change in title sequence... although I too would like it if this *was* to happen when the companion changes.

The reason being is that a logo in media will be based on a black and white composite. Their will be a official styled logo, but the graphic designers will likely have permission to make changes to this on occasion.

Notice that on the current title sequence, the 'blue' DW logo only appears when the blue background has changed to red and yellow, to better contrast (and compliment) the colours between the foreground and the background.

http://images.wikia.com/tardis/images/f/ff/Doctor-who-logo-eleven.jpg

With the web site, it's impractical to have a bright red / yellow background and keep it comfortable to read, so it's likely they have special permission to create the brushed metal version you see.
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    I'd like to think that a change of title sequence was always on the cards ever since Jenna Louise-Coleman was cast...bit hard to fit that in the current scheme with all the bulky lettering!
    Misplaced hyphen, her name is Jenna-Louise Coleman. Sorry to be pedantic.:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was JAS84 this pedantic on the StrikerWorld forums? It's been too long for me to remember :D