Options

Leanne's Album

Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,890
Forum Member
Just been looking at Amazon for the elusive CD single and found this. Apparently its going to be released on the 20th August with a autobiography to follow in November. I just hope its not a rush released selection of covers as she deserves better :mad:
Here's the link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Leanne+Mitchell&x=0&y=0

Comments

• Options
    Grace250Grace250 Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    :O I know the plan was probably to get an album out from all of the signed acts from this years show ASAP (Danny said they'd be stupid to wait longer than a few months) ....but two months from winning the show to having the album available?! That's crazy!

I agree with you, she deserves better than a rushed covers album. Hopefully she had either her own material almost ready to go, or has chosen someone else's songs....and that's the reason it's been so quick.

the script finished recording their album nearly 5 months before its release to allow time for mastering, etc. I know the acts probably would have that much time to leave for that, but it all seems so hectic to get the album out in 2 months flat!

Also....I haven't seen any promo for the album? usually there's some sort of advertising to let you know that the album is available for pre order.
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    I would not mind a mixture. A couple of songs she did on the show, a bit of her own material and maybe one or two other covers and/or material written for her/given to her by others.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grace250 wrote: »
    :O I know the plan was probably to get an album out from all of the signed acts from this years show ASAP (Danny said they'd be stupid to wait longer than a few months) ....but two months from winning the show to having the album available?! That's crazy!

I agree with you, she deserves better than a rushed covers album. Hopefully she had either her own material almost ready to go, or has chosen someone else's songs....and that's the reason it's been so quick.

the script finished recording their album nearly 5 months before its release to allow time for mastering, etc. I know the acts probably would have that much time to leave for that, but it all seems so hectic to get the album out in 2 months flat!

Also....I haven't seen any promo for the album? usually there's some sort of advertising to let you know that the album is available for pre order.

My suspicion is that THe Voice really HAVE to release the winners album first, for proprieties sake, and it looks like Tylers album will be finished/out in Sept. I'd hazard a guess that Universal are more interested in promoting TYLER more & are "rushing" Leanne through, so due process can be performed before switching focus to their main interest.

Its interesting to note that Tyler was in the studio recording before Leanne, and his album will be out AFTER hers meaning he has more time to work on his music.

(Dunno about the progress of Bo's album, I think recent events may have delayed it a little)

I think Leanne's album will feature plenty of covers, will be given a release with moderate publicity, before being completely overshadowed by Tyler's release in Sept.

I reckon Bo's album will come in the autumn, then apparently Vince's is due in Jan.
  • Options
    BIDIE-INBIDIE-IN Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like they have given up on the planned release (9th July) of the single 'Run To You' on CD format after the poor sales of the down load.

But that was Universals fault - they should have had both formats available within 7 days of the final being broadcast.

I cannot see the album hitting the heights somehow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just a quick update, It looks like Leanne is working with Alistair Lloyd Weber (The lords son) at Island on original material-A ray of hope?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    Just a quick update, It looks like Leanne is working with Alistair Lloyd Weber (The lords son) at Island on original material-A ray of hope?

I hope so! This young lady deserves her shot at success. Maybe ALW could introduce her to his Dad - how brilliant would Leanne be in a stage musical like Oliver?
  • Options
    barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    boddism wrote: »
    My suspicion is that THe Voice really HAVE to release the winners album first, for proprieties sake, and it looks like Tylers album will be finished/out in Sept. I'd hazard a guess that Universal are more interested in promoting TYLER more & are "rushing" Leanne through, so due process can be performed before switching focus to their main interest.

Its interesting to note that Tyler was in the studio recording before Leanne, and his album will be out AFTER hers meaning he has more time to work on his music.

(Dunno about the progress of Bo's album, I think recent events may have delayed it a little)

I think Leanne's album will feature plenty of covers, will be given a release with moderate publicity, before being completely overshadowed by Tyler's release in Sept.

I reckon Bo's album will come in the autumn, then apparently Vince's is due in Jan.

Bo's cracking on, she's playing V Festival in a few weeks and Vince is gigging every club he can find and is selling it out, and he's signed with Island Records with an album in Jan.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BIDIE-IN wrote: »
    I hope so! This young lady deserves her shot at success. Maybe ALW could introduce her to his Dad - how brilliant would Leanne be in a stage musical like Oliver?

Agreed; I hope that one way or another Leanne gets some success. She is a good singer and seemed a really nice person too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops - started a new thread, sorry.

Checking for the release date of Leanne's album today on Amazon, I can find NO MENTION OF IT.

There was a listing previously, with the release date at the end of August, but that has vanished.

Anyone have any info? Surely Universal are not abandoning her altogether?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I checked her Twitter the other day (always the best source of info these days) and she commented she'd been "sent" things... which to me indicates that she has little creative control over her material.

Interestingly around the same time Tyler was having a Twitter "rant" about some people screwing up one of his songs and he was straight back in the studio after (presumably amending the track although he didnt state this explicitly).

Havent got round to looking up Bo so can someone give me an update on her??

This goes to show where priorities lie IMO. I think Tyler and probably Bo are being given greater creative control (as well as access to better collaborators) than Leanne.

I dont expect her career to last long...:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Boddism.

Leanne was clearly NOT the winner Universal wanted. No publicity download of her first single. CD release promised but then cancelled.

Now the album details have vanished from Amazon......:(

What is the POINT of going on - and winning - The Voice? Leanne should at least have had one hit single from her success. She has been denied even that.

And a book is planned? Saying what exactly? Her early life, she enters the show, she wins and then.......blank pages to colour in yourself? :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks Boddism.

Leanne was clearly NOT the winner Universal wanted. No publicity download of her first single. CD release promised but then cancelled.

Now the album details have vanished from Amazon......:(

What is the POINT of going on - and winning - The Voice? Leanne should at least have had one hit single from her success. She has been denied even that.

And a book is planned? Saying what exactly? Her early life, she enters the show, she wins and then.......blank pages to colour in yourself? :mad:

Her album could sell moderately. I think a book is an act of insanity though... they couldnt sell out a The Voice live tour, so why does anyone think hordes of people want to buya BOOK about the winner (Lets be blunt here, she was by far the least interesting character of the final 4)

I always thought Bo shouldve won... that'd have been the perfect marriage btw public and record co wishes & Im sure they wouldve promoted her fantastically well ( they will!!)

TYler winning the Voice wouldve been absurd, and I say that as a Tyler fan. I think he'd have suffered quite a backlash had he won (imagine: The Voice?? More like The Face...) He was better off as runner up and like Bo, seems to being well supported by Universal.

To be fair, Leanne doesnt really have sufficent charisma as a singer to sustain much of a career. It seems shes being launched at an older market too.... I guess time will tell. Adele will be out of the picture for a while, so maybe its time for a similar artist to appear??
  • Options
    Forum Member

Havent got round to looking up Bo so can someone give me an update on her??

I met Bo this week and asked her about her album, she said she'd been writing and recording with snow patrol, elbow and others (who she didn't want to name yet) but that there had been a slight delay on the album and it would most likely be out at the very start of 2013 instead of autumn time, but she said she'll definitely have some new material out in autumn.

I was also lucky enough to hear her perform a new track from the album which I believe is INCREDIBLE, and I can't wait to hear what else she's got up her sleeve based on that song!

Aside from anything else I can also confirm that she's an incredibly lovely lady - I know some people have thought she was 'fake' or whatever else on the voice, but I can honestly say she seemed incredibly genuine and lovely - her manager told us she would perform 2 tracks for us and in the end she did 5 too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, my order was cancelled so end of august is not looking likely, thinking maybe (hopefully) the bbc will support her and give her a chance to plug the book and album (possibly with Tom) on Graham Norton later in the year and with a slot on strictly which would be a good move-I just hope she has an original single because if she releases another cover then she's dead before she started which would be wasting her considerable talent imo-Come on Universal, stand by her and at least get a decent album out and if it flops and you try your best then so be it but i thibk she does have a market :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grace250 wrote: »
    I met Bo this week and asked her about her album, she said she'd been writing and recording with snow patrol, elbow and others (who she didn't want to name yet) but that there had been a slight delay on the album and it would most likely be out at the very start of 2013 instead of autumn time, but she said she'll definitely have some new material out in autumn.

I was also lucky enough to hear her perform a new track from the album which I believe is INCREDIBLE, and I can't wait to hear what else she's got up her sleeve based on that song!

Aside from anything else I can also confirm that she's an incredibly lovely lady - I know some people have thought she was 'fake' or whatever else on the voice, but I can honestly say she seemed incredibly genuine and lovely - her manager told us she would perform 2 tracks for us and in the end she did 5 too!

Heard this... its fantastic!!

I think its important that all the acts get their albums out before the 2nd series of the Voice starts next spring.

Looks like it'll be Leanne-Tyler-Bo-Vince for album releases...
  • Options
    maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think its important that all the acts get their albums out before the 2nd series of the Voice starts next spring.

Also, Max Milner who has been working on an album, should be added to the list. His manager said on Twitter "it will be worth waiting for - a true artist album". I'm looking forward to hearing his album more than any other as I liked everything he sang on The Voice and also his Youtube videos with his band.

Bo's and Tyler's albums sound like they're going to be great. I think they'll both be commercially successful, Bo's especially.

It helps that they've all done a lot of songwriting and some performing before they came on The Voice so they know what they want by now and wont be pushed into something that doesn't suit them. I really hope, for their sake and for the sake of The Voice, that they are all successful - that may shut up The Voice critics.

I also think Leanne's album may be better than people expect. There should be room for all types of music in the charts and she must have a following or she wouldn't have won.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But has he release date for Leanne's album been put back? It DEFINATELY had a listing on Amazon - now they only mention the MP3 download single and the forthcoming book.

This does not bode well, IMO, considering the failure of Universal to make her first release available on CD format and flood the supermarkets with copies to guarantee a top 5 hit at least.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But has he release date for Leanne's album been put back? It DEFINATELY had a listing on Amazon - now they only mention the MP3 download single and the forthcoming book.

This does not bode well, IMO, considering the failure of Universal to make her first release available on CD format and flood the supermarkets with copies to guarantee a top 5 hit at least.

Perhaps it's not quite ready so they put the release date back. August seems a bit soon after The Voice finished to record and bring out an album. She said last week that it will hopefully be out soon. I hope for her sake that Universal do a better job at publicising the album than they did with the single.
  • Options
    Forum Member

It's absolutely PHENOMENAL live I can tell you that much! Something very special to hear :)

And I agree, but it sounds like they're all trying to do that so hopefully we'll have some success stories out of the finalists!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maggie_07 wrote: »
    Perhaps it's not quite ready so they put the release date back. August seems a bit soon after The Voice finished to record and bring out an album. She said last week that it will hopefully be out soon. I hope for her sake that Universal do a better job at publicising the album than they did with the single.

Problem is, Maggie, this type of 'road to a music career' it is ESSENTIAL to hit the ground running. So the first CD single is in the shops on the Monday following the final.

The album which will most probably be covers of existing songs and some carefully chosen new tracks, SHOULD be able to be released within 3 or 4 months at most.

The longer the delay, the less chance of chart success.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tylers new single will be out mid October, and his album shortly after, so I expect that Leanne's will be out beforehand.

It'd surely be considered bad manners to release a runners up album before the winners??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You would think so, Boddism. But I suspect Universal were less than thrilled with the chosen winner.

How else do you explain the failure of the first single? No air play, no publicity, no cd format in the shops......:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Problem is, Maggie, this type of 'road to a music career' it is ESSENTIAL to hit the ground running. So the first CD single is in the shops on the Monday following the final.

The album which will most probably be covers of existing songs and some carefully chosen new tracks, SHOULD be able to be released within 3 or 4 months at most.

I agree the first single should have been promoted well and available straight away, and if it was a success there wouldn't be so much hurry to get an album out straight away. This should have been part of the contract between Atlantic and the BBC, that they would do everything to help the winner get a hit record, even if she wasn't their choice. After all, it reflects badly on the programme if they don't produce a successful artist.

However, as has happened with X-Factor, sometimes the runners-up are more successful than the winners in the long run and I think there are several artists with the potential to be successful when they release their albums.
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

CD singles sell the square root of bugger all these days. Even the X Factor winning singles don't sell many on CD now. That was not the issue at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, they cannot sell ANY if they are not made.....:cool:

I do know what you mean Acer - if I can download music, ANYONE can - but I still think this sort of hyped TV talent show needs to make the first release by the winner available in as many formats - and as many outlets - as possible. They have to go for the 'buy a CD once a year at Christmas' market - people who spot it as they go into the supermarket and pop a copy into their basket.

I feel Universal did not give Leanne much of a chance. The song certainly did not appear on the playlists for radio 1 or 2.

Now the album appears to have been put back..........:(