Doctors Discussion Thread (Part 6)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Sam and Emma don't appear to really give a damn about Chris,and I don't trust Emma's crocodile tears over Sam's decision. As for Chris, neither of them seem to really give a damn about him unless it featurs in using him against each other... I mean, one could never describe Emma as a loving mother...
    Forum Member
    I think the new vicar is creepy. Good for Mrs Tembe calling hi; out as a manipulating politician. ax for Emma she is unbelievable in her arrogance and lack of understanding of anyone else's feelings, witness her behaviour to Howard today and yesterday she told Sam she loves them both er, loves being sarcastic too.I think her behaviour today was absolutely hateful. Daniel, however 'done good'...
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,686
    Forum Member
    Hideously behind with Doctors since my mum had her accident and I am the only carer as the rest of the family is suddenly preoccupied and haven't been seen in well over a week :mad:

Can someone give me a quick summary of what I've missed? I saw Al and Jas playing darts and managed to catch the episode with the vicar arriving. Developments of the Emma/Sam storyline I've largely missed, although from today I see he's planning to go to Switzerland.

Guess what I want to know is whether it is worth catching up with the episodes or not.
  • seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    Nome wrote: »
    I think the new vicar is creepy. Good for Mrs Tembe calling hi; out as a manipulating politician.

I'm not sure I like him either.
    ax for Emma she is unbelievable in her arrogance and lack of understanding of anyone else's feelings, witness her behaviour to Howard today and yesterday she told Sam she loves them both er, loves being sarcastic too.I think her behaviour today was absolutely hateful.

She's having to face the reality of her husband dying, even though he isn't (if you see what I mean). She's allowed to start the grieving process. If he was dying of something like cancer wouldn't she be allowed to get upset? I don't think she's being arrogant at all. Sam isn't considering her or Chris's feelings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    And yet another story about a person imagining a dead relative is alive. The grief counsellor spends two years with the girl trying to get her to come to terms with her father's death , without success , and Daniel pops up and sorts her out within minutes !
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Hideously behind with Doctors since my mum had her accident and I am the only carer as the rest of the family is suddenly preoccupied and haven't been seen in well over a week :mad:

Can someone give me a quick summary of what I've missed? I saw Al and Jas playing darts and managed to catch the episode with the vicar arriving. Developments of the Emma/Sam storyline I've largely missed, although from today I see he's planning to go to Switzerland.

Guess what I want to know is whether it is worth catching up with the episodes or not.

I'd say it's well worth catching up on all the Sam/Emma/ Howard/Heston scenes even if you ff the rest. I think you need to watch this s/l unfold.

Hope your mum makes a good recovery x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seejay63 wrote: »
    I'm not sure I like him either.

She's having to face the reality of her husband dying, even though he isn't (if you see what I mean). She's allowed to start the grieving process. If he was dying of something like cancer wouldn't she be allowed to get upset? I don't think she's being arrogant at all. Sam isn't considering her or Chris's feelings.

Agree x

Bees - hope the situation gets better very soon - i know what it's like to feel like all the burden is on you, lots of love x
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Not sure I like the new vicar, he has a strange way of speaking, almost 'cultish' if that makes sense.

I am not liking Emma, I've always found her very cold.
  • annijesannijes Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    david1955 wrote: »
    And yet another story about a person imagining a dead relative is alive. The grief counsellor spends two years with the girl trying to get her to come to terms with her father's death , without success , and Daniel pops up and sorts her out within minutes !

Ditto. my thoughts entirely and i didn't think the girl was very convincing either.
    Not keen on Emma. Treating Howard badly as if it is his fault when she is the married one and he was in total ignorance until he tried to proopose to her; and being vile to Sam by telling him she's in love with someone else. My take is that she liked her original open marriage set up, useful to have that to fall back on if someone gets too close and she is used to doing her own thing and having her own way within the marriage. The hostility towards Sam is probably guilt induced and with some justification
    Forum Member
    annijes wrote: »
    The hostility towards Sam is probably guilt induced and with some justification

But she also loves Sam.
    Forum Member
    She says she does yes but if she truly loved him would she have been so spiteful in the way she told him she loved someone else (as well). I totally get that you can love someone with whom you have a shared history, children, companionship etc and that you can be passionately ' in ' love with someone else/new (not saying its right, but it happens all the time), but I can't imagine viciously spitting it out (bit like Cherry did to Zara) when my poor long suffering husband had been severely injured ending up in a wheelchair and had then just suffered a stroke:eek: Also don't think her treatment of Howard shows any great love - think she lusts after him:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a soap - this is the way it should be in a soap !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In other news I just squeed It's Doctor Fenton !!! watching Death In Paradise :p
    Forum Member
    :
    It's a soap - this is the way it should be in a soap !

I know!! Mind you from some of the in depth analysis that goes on on these pages you'd think it was a fly on the wall documentary:D:D I just want better for my Howard:)
    Forum Member
    annijes wrote: »
    :

I know!! Mind you from some of the in depth analysis that goes on on these pages you'd think it was a fly on the wall documentary:D:D I just want better for my Howard:)
    Your Howard...I think you'll find he's mine :mad:;)
  • mikebukmikebuk Posts: 18,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sandy Hendrickse playing the mother of the young girl in the woods. She's the real life mum of Bianca (Texas in Hollyoaks). Sandy played her screen mum then too.
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    Your Howard...I think you'll find he's mine :mad:;)

Mind too...tee hee

Hate to see the way Emma's treating him
    Forum Member
    chloeb wrote: »
    Mind too...tee hee

Hate to see the way Emma's treating him

Alternate nights suit you ? :o:)
    Forum Member
    My apologies folks for rotten recent typing, dumped old keyboard and currently getting to grips with new one... Emma is showing little compassion towards Sam, as others have mentioned, telling him she's in love with Howard too, isn't exactly going to change his current decision is it? As for her relationship with Howard, what a strange way she has of showing him she loves him! I foresee weeks of angst coming up folks... oh and of course Zara's coming back so am sure it'll be sarcasm at dawn... I just thought that Emma's attitude to the bloke from the Swiss clinic was outrageous and hardly likelyto change Sam's mind.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,561
    Forum Member
    I think the new vicar is creepy. Good for Mrs Tembe calling hi; out as a manipulating politician. ax for Emma she is unbelievable in her arrogance and lack of understanding of anyone else's feelings, witness her behaviour to Howard today and yesterday she told Sam she loves them both er, loves being sarcastic too.I think her behaviour today was absolutely hateful. Daniel, however 'done good'...

I agree. I don't know about the King James bible except for it might have been a revision bible as well but what that vicar pretty much seemed to be saying was that religion had to keep on changing with the times in order to stay popular and I keep on thinking, that if people are following what they believe god has ordered, how can they re-wrirte what god wrote/ordered?

Its one thing not to personally do something in a religion but to scrap/wipe them out of a religion completely is making religion a farce. Also the likes of him need to realise that people don't have to attend religious places of worship in order to be religious.

On Emma, yep she shows more and more what a cold fish she is and how up herself she also is too. I mean "its Doctor Reid"? I'd be calling her something else that starts with a D!

Sam is getting on my nerves as well. Having read the spoilers.......
    I think its obvious that the programme intends to go through with him one way or the other going for euthanasia and I think they shouldn't have gone there at all.
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,561
    Forum Member
    Boy I laughed out loud at the preview clip of that woman telling Al that she thinks her husband (?) is having an affair only to raise her head and see that Al is fast asleep! :D:D:D I loved that!
    Forum Member
    I just thought that Emma's attitude to the bloke from the Swiss clinic was outrageous and hardly likelyto change Sam's mind.

I thought her attitude was perfectly understandable. I just imagined it was me standing there with my husband talking to a man who was going to help him die and felt every sympathy for her.
    Forum Member
    That's the second brain tumour which Al has miraculously diagnosed. The other one was the woman with the whale living in a cardboard box.

I see Spider Nugent is in tomorrow's episode.
    Forum Member
    I thought her attitude was perfectly understandable. I just imagined it was me standing there with my husband talking to a man who was going to help him die and felt every sympathy for her.

she was aggressive and unnecessarily rude! sigh, she's unbelievable with her I love two men and then goes and gives poor Howard a hard time, sorry but I find she has very few redeeming qualities.

Actually felt a twinge of sympathy for the awful Al today, but hey, two brain tumours running? what with the abundance of cross dressers and over active imaginations and fantasists, plus all the peculiar sibilings stories in Letherbridge, we can now add abundance of brain tumours to the list...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's the second brain tumour which Al has miraculously diagnosed. The other one was the woman with the whale living in a cardboard box.

I see Spider Nugent is in tomorrow's episode.

Yes, Emily's nephew.
This discussion has been closed.