Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing... (P2)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Sonya was right to be offended but her reaction is a bit OTT. I think her 'friend' egging her on and Tash's inability to offer a sincere apology added fuel to the fire. I generally like Sonya, unlike most people here it seems, so I can forgive her irrational behaviour. She probably has only had two hours sleep!

I think Andrew's terrible managerial skills should be put under the spotlight as well!

I agree about Charlotte - a great supporting character. We need to see more of her!
  • McLovin85McLovin85 Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do hope it livens up and we get some good characters/families and story lines in soon. I've seen a few bits about who's coming and going but if it's written how it is currently then I'm not holding much hope :(
  • Louise32Louise32 Posts: 6,784
    Forum Member
    Worst episode of the year so far.

Not even Tash or Sheila could save it.

Sonya annoyed me but I get why would have been annoyed but she was OTT and seeing Vannessa scenes couldn't help but think stop getting wound up at least your baby isn't lying sick in a hospital.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To those losing patience, as an Aus pace viewer, I can assure you, it gets better! The Sarah stuff is brilliant and The Turners are a great family! Also like Priya/Ajay stuff that's happening Aus pace
  • Louise32Louise32 Posts: 6,784
    Forum Member
    I still like the show just not todays ep!
  • lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    I'm an exceptionally old fashioned, female fart, and loathe the sight of public breastfeeding; I don't like the sound of suckling babies, it sets my teeth on edge. I wouldn't complain to the management though.

Sonya's stupid, freaky-deaky over-reaction annoyed me though. Mince her!

I agree. What a male friend of mine referred to as 'full-frontal breastfeeding' is something I hate - I know babies have to be fed but some people make a 'statement' of it and Sonia's exactly the type who would do that. And as for all the old boots this hitherto- friendless person conjured up for a 'suck-in' at Charlie's - well, they all looked pretty grim.

AS I recall Tash did not chuck Sonia out but merely asked her to move somewhere more discreet.

Sonia is being a cow about this - does she really want Tash to get the sack?
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Eff off Kate and stop being so sanctimonious. Shouldn't you be with one of your improbably long list of male suitors?
  • rocketsaladrocketsalad Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to remember when Sonya was a great character and not this horrible thing she's become. Not to get into debate or anything but Tash was totally in the right in my eyes
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,855
    Forum Member
    I suspect Soyna made so much fuss because she knew who Tash and Andrew were and wanted to prove a point in front of the other mums.
  • Jaggy2409Jaggy2409 Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Did Mondays episode end without a preview?
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    They've all ended without a preview, they've had an ad for the great Sing Off competition instead.
  • Jaggy2409Jaggy2409 Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    They've all ended without a preview, they've had an ad for the great Sing Off competition instead.

Ive just watched last Fridays, then this Monday & Tuesday episodes on my Blue Ray player catch up so it wouldnt show that, thanks form the info.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yet another awful baby orientated episode. :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eff off Kate and stop being so sanctimonious. Shouldn't you be with one of your improbably long list of male suitors?

:D it must be hard being so saintly all the time :rolleyes: that has to be 'do the right thing' speech 647 or something?

I do miss the 'old' Sonya too. there are still flashes of her but they are very now and again

on a scale of 1-subtle Lucas saying he can fix things at the garage but he can't fix Patrick ranks somewhere in negative numbers
  • mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss the old Sonya too. Her having the baby and the pregnancy have more or less killed her character in my opinion. All she does now is whinge and moan and complain. Also, bring back Jade, her sister sister coupling was much better.

I actually like Kate now. She mainly flounces about the background looking hot and pouting. She does not open her mouth as much as she used to which can only be a good thing!
  • lobeydosserlobeydosser Posts: 3,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimi123456 wrote: »
    I miss the old Sonya too. Her having the baby and the pregnancy have more or less killed her character in my opinion. All she does now is whinge and moan and complain. Also, bring back Jade, her sister sister coupling was much better.

I actually like Kate now. She mainly flounces about the background looking hot and pouting. She does not open her mouth as much as she used to which can only be a good thing!

As long as she doesn't start dancing!
  • tjbantamtjbantam Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BIB: Jeez, no. Very pretty girl, but god she was such a miserable bugger!
  • mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tjbantam wrote: »
    BIB: Jeez, no. Very pretty girl, but god she was such a miserable bugger!

But she brought out the best in Kyle (who is just a lump of eye candy now) and Sonya seems to have become this awful hippy harridan.

Maybe what they should do is kill off a few people in the impending disaster. I am thinking Sophie, Chris, Sonya and a few others.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Christ how old is Toadies baby meant to be----4 months old ? Then we get Patrick who is a newborn , born on same day who does look like a newborn baby...:confused: Sonya mustve pushed out a great big whale of a baby :D
  • ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Bit late, but did Sonya annoy anyone else over her reaction to Tash?

It WASN'T Tash who told her to leave, she simply told her if she would mind going somewhere else within Charlie's,

It was the obnoxious customer who complained. But Sonya made it out as if it was all Tash's fault.

Usually I am a big fan of Sonya, but she really annoyed me with her over reaction.

Edit: I guess there are a few who feel the same way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    tinkie wrote: »
    Yet another awful baby orientated episode. :sleep:
    Agreed, all the baby scenes are getting quite tiresome. One baby would be just about tolerable, but two is pushing it. The breastfeeding story was quite ridiculous with some poor acting thrown in as well.
  • whoyouarexowhoyouarexo Posts: 6,099
    Forum Member
    Bit late, but did Sonya annoy anyone else over her reaction to Tash?

It WASN'T Tash who told her to leave, she simply told her if she would mind going somewhere else within Charlie's,

It was the obnoxious customer who complained. But Sonya made it out as if it was all Tash's fault.

Usually I am a big fan of Sonya, but she really annoyed me with her over reaction.

Edit: I guess there are a few who feel the same way.

Nope, i was fuming!!

The thing is, ok, maybe im not a mother, BUT, if I was out dining, and I saw someone breastfeeding right in front of me, i would probably be pretty uncomfortable too.

Tash was doing what was the best for her customers, and she didn't even ask Sonya to leave, she just asked her to do it somewhere else, and she was pretty tactful about it aswell.

i just think Sonya majorly overreacted. Its not about "being made to feel ashamed", its about actually having courteously to those around you, and obviously if your eating and you see someone breastfeeding so blatantly, its just uncomfortable!

I dont know if my view is just backwards or what, but I didn't agree with Sonya or the other bleating mums at all, I just wanted Tash not to be treated by a criminal for pretty much doing nothing wrong!
  • tjbantamtjbantam Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But she brought out the best in Kyle (who is just a lump of eye candy now) and Sonya seems to have become this awful hippy harridan.

Maybe what they should do is kill off a few people in the impending disaster. I am thinking Sophie, Chris, Sonya and a few others.

I disagree. The amount of time it took them to get together, then every bump in the road would cause them to split, we lost a lot of Canning charm and the happy-go-lucky guy disappeared.

Personally, i'd have Georgia dump that tool she is with and shack up with Kyle, there is chemistry there already and the actors work very well together.

I agree that Sonya seems to have changed (not enough for me to not adore her), but i presume this will be rectified later as Son having 'baby brain' and her hormones going haywire or some such stuff. Eve Morey is a fab actress and is a great foil for Ryan Maloney.

If a mas cull is coming ( a number of stars leaving), can we bring back Harley for 5 minutes to kill him off and kill off Kyle's gran too? Also, when are we finally gonna meet Honga?
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,739
    Forum Member
    The thing is, ok, maybe im not a mother, BUT, if I was out dining, and I saw someone breastfeeding right in front of me, i would probably be pretty uncomfortable too.
    I can understand someone being uncomfortable about seeing someone blatantly breastfeeding, but Sonya did have the baby covered, so no-one could see anything, and not all mothers cover up when their baby is feeding. I think that guy overreacted, and he wasn't just uncomfortable, but he was disgusted, and that's the difference.

When I was in Norway, in a cafe, a woman just whipped out her boobs and started breastfeeding without covering up at all, and no-one cared - and she was sitting in the middle of the cafe, so everyone could see! It's quite surreal when you see someone publicly breastfeeding for the first time, but after that, I've never thought anything of it.

When Tash asked her to relocate, it stunned her and made her feel like she was doing something wrong. I can see why people are for and against public breastfeeding. But, Sonya reacted way too OTT and hyper; all of her subtlety has gone out the window. Does everyone remember what she was like when she first arrived? When Toadie had that flashback a couple of weeks ago, to their first meeting, Sonya was like a different character. I miss her subtlety.
This discussion has been closed.