Vicious - ITV sitcom

HMOHMO Posts: 42,213
Forum Member
There has been a lot of talk about this new studio sitcom (with a live audience) and it has been very positively recieved by people who have attended recordings.

Poised to start in April (after Britain's Got Talent) :)

Comments

• Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »
    There has been a lot of talk about this new studio sitcom (with a live audience) and it has been very positively recieved by people who have attended recordings.

Poised to start in April (after Britain's Got Talent) :)

Curious to see it after seeing Sir Ian Mckellan on Jonathan Ross last night looks good.;)
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,213
    Forum Member
    They've already filmed a Christmas special. It begins on Monday 29th April :)
  • lewiep93lewiep93 Posts: 5,880
    Forum Member
    A trailer for Vicious, it looks absolutely brilliant! :Dhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnM2O8kxPeQ
  • designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen the first episode as I work in the Media and it's bloody funny. I watched it this afternoon. Sir Ian has the best lines I think. They all work well together and it made me chuckle. It's like an older companion in a way to Gimme Gimme Gimme (the catty humour). I really hope this takes off because it's my sort of humour... and possibly me in 40 years time. lol
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, but what?

A sitcom? On ITV? That's actually funny? :eek:

Colour me intrigued.
    Forum Member
    lewiep93 wrote: »
    A trailer for Vicious, it looks absolutely brilliant! :Dhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnM2O8kxPeQ

It does look pretty good.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks better than a dreadful sitcom about security guards with Bobby Ball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO3PkHREaB8

I assume like most other people he has managed to wipe the existence of Plaza Patrol, a sitcom he did with Tommy Cannon from his mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxkW2lwFohc

Robert Lindsay and David Threlfall did a much better security guard-based sitcom called Nightingales

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5emR9uqpj4c
  • BritFlicks1BritFlicks1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only seen a couple of small clips but it looks very promising.
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I quite like the look of this.
  • len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could they squeeze any more negative gay stereotypes into that trailer ?
  • designer84designer84 Posts: 12,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    len112 wrote: »

It's just harmless fun poking fun at some of the typical stereotypes. Ian and Derek are both gay themselves so I think if it was offensive, they would have said. Not to mention one of the writers for Will & Grace is working on this too. In all honesty, as a gay man myself, I found it quite funny. The first episode definitely makes me want to see more. I'd be lying of I didn't know some gay men like Ian and Derek in this. If you like Gimme Gimme Gimme and silly tongue in cheek, b*tchy, catty humour then this will suit you. I love it. It's a little odd watching Gandalf/Magneto act a little camp at first but he definitely has the best lines so far. Frances De La Tour is good too.
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've already filmed a Christmas special. It begins on Monday 29th April :)

Bloody hell, that is early to start a Christmas special, I've only just got back from my summer holidays :D
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is one of those rare situations where I honestly don't care if it's funny. I could watch those two read the phone book.
    Forum Member
    I've seen a few clips/promos, should be an interesting watch :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    It looks really good. I'm definitely going to watch it. And if people as famous and successful as they are have agreed to do a sitcom, it surely must have a pretty good script.
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen a few clips/promos, should be an interesting watch :)

Ive seen more than a few! if ITV carry on I will have seen the whole series in promos! Same with the new job centre sitcom with Russel Tovey:rolleyes:
  • biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    len112 wrote: »

That's exactly what I thought.
    And the fact that someone has likened it to "Gimme Gimme Gimme" means I'll be avoiding it like the plague.
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    It looks really good. I'm definitely going to watch it. And if people as famous and successful as they are have agreed to do a sitcom, it surely must have a pretty good script.

Sir Ian Mckellan, Derek Jacobi, Frances De La Tour - how could it fail?
    Forum Member
    It starts on Monday at 9pm :)
  • Davetherave70Davetherave70 Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV really do seem to be trying to get back in the 'comedy' game, so fair play to them.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    designer84 wrote: »
    It's just harmless fun poking fun at some of the typical stereotypes. Ian and Derek are both gay themselves so I think if it was offensive, they would have said. Not to mention one of the writers for Will & Grace is working on this too. In all honesty, as a gay man myself, I found it quite funny. The first episode definitely makes me want to see more. I'd be lying of I didn't know some gay men like Ian and Derek in this. If you like Gimme Gimme Gimme and silly tongue in cheek, b*tchy, catty humour then this will suit you. I love it. It's a little odd watching Gandalf/Magneto act a little camp at first but he definitely has the best lines so far. Frances De La Tour is good too.

Well said. Some people really do get their knickers in a fankle over absolutely nothing.

When Rab C Nesbitt hit our screens many years ago, it was bursting at the seams with negative stereotyping of Scots/Glasweigans but we loved it because it was well written, well acted and a hoot - and yes, a lot of us did know or had met people who weren't that different, thus making it even funnier.
  • CampcrusaderCampcrusader Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a brilliant show. I saw an episode being recorded, earlier this year and really enjoyed it. It's definitely worth a watch, and Frances de la Tour is a scream as the couple's sex- hungry friend!
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw an episode being recorded...the one where the Northern lad first moves in. As fine as the actors are I just didn't think it was that funny (except for one bit where Frances de la Tour was, er, restrained). I can't see an ITV audience taking to it.... I can't see many people under 50 taking to it to be honest.
  • pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am going to give it an watch but i'm keeping open mind
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must be having a sense of humour failure today as I didn't find that funny at all.