That Deirdre's a Selfish Cow, Isn't She?

YaffiYukYaffiYuk Posts: 1,167
Forum Member
✭✭✭
You'd think she would have made poor Roy a hot cup of tea, instead of pouring herself a brandy.

The poor soul must have been freezing! And offering him a brandy instead. Doesn't she know he doesn't drink?

What. A. Bitch.

Comments

• CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate the way they're turning her character into a joke, dam you BLACKBURN!!!
  • sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,924
    Forum Member
    Shouldn't she have taken him home instead of her house - it's only a minute away?
  • hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    sam_gee wrote: »
    Shouldn't she have taken him home instead of her house - it's only a minute away?
    She needed some company while Ken's away
  • spaceman05spaceman05 Posts: 1,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought there was a rule that if somebody is sleep walking you shouldn't wake them up
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaceman05 wrote: »
    I always thought there was a rule that if somebody is sleep walking you shouldn't wake them up

Yeah I heard that. Wonder why you can't?
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    spaceman05 wrote: »

How do you deal with them if they are wandering the streets.

If Dierdre was a cow she would have ignored him.

If Barlow who's the cow
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now that Ken seems to have been airbrushed out of Corrie altogether, the writers are struggling with where to take Deidre - trying to turn her into a comedy character just isn't working: she's just plain weird when trying to do comedy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    so where is Ken...do we know yet..Has she explained his whereabouts..She was walking Eccles the dog, which is his job
  • Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes your not ment to wake them up
  • revans33revans33 Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danyell wrote: »
    Yeah I heard that. Wonder why you can't?

I was taught that due to the stage of sleep they are in, when they are immediately awoken it takes longer for them to regain a 'normal' sense of consciousness and are likely to lash out at you/panic. :)
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    revans33 wrote: »
    I was taught that due to the stage of sleep they are in, when they are immediately awoken it takes longer for them to regain a 'normal' sense of consciousness and are likely to lash out at you/panic. :)

My brother walked in his sleep, while we were at home I would just get hold of his arm and lead him back to his bedroom without waking him (he eventually grew out of it in his early 20's). Sometimes he'd get up and start frying eggs in his sleep! We all had to be quite vigilant when he was having his 'episodes' but he could got for months without doing it. My son did it too when he was little but luckily confided his walking to going round in circles in his room! :D He's grown out of it now, hasn't done it for years.

Perhaps we're just a weird family :o:D
  • pinkpowerrangerpinkpowerranger Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So selfish she doesn't seem to have realised Ken is missing!
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,256
    Forum Member
    Me thinks it was a last minute rewrite. Originally, Ken finds him whilst walking Eccles, takes him home whilst he goes to tell Hayley what has happened leaving him in the dreadful hands of Deardre.

She has been made a joke but it isn't just Blackburn - Collinson started this turning into a joke that is only interested in booze, marrows, and pottery just as Gail is a teenager trapped in a 50 year olds body fluttering her eye lashes whilst sweeping floors. They haven'e known how to write for middle aged women for several years now - Eileen, Gail, Deardre - they are all a joke - the only one treated with respect is StElla.
  • YaffiYukYaffiYuk Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So selfish she doesn't seem to have realised Ken is missing!

Exactly. Self-centred harridan.
  • Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sam_gee wrote: »

That's what I said!
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    From the National Sleep Foundation:
    "It is a common misconception that a sleepwalker should not be awakened. In fact, it can be quite dangerous not to wake a sleepwalker."

From Wikipedia:
    "There are conflicting viewpoints on whether it is harmful to wake a sleepwalker. Some experts say that sleepwalkers should be gently guided back to bed without waking them. Others counter that idea and state that waking a sleepwalker may result in their disorientation, but it is not harmful."

From NBC:
    "Wake up, folks: There is no health risk in rousing a sleepwalker from their somnambulistic stroll. Well, no risk to them, anyway. You, on the other hand, might suffer a swift, roundhouse kick to the dome.

Long-repeated medical myths have held that if you forcibly snap a sleepwalker back to a wakeful state it will A) induce a state of shock or possibly even insanity, B) give them “lockjaw,” and, C), our personal favorite, cause their soul to become trapped outside their body........... It’s not dangerous for the sleepwalker to wake him up.........You’re not going to do them any harm.

I’m not even sure where that myth began that you shouldn’t wake them. But the more you dig back (to try research that legend), the more you’ll find that sleepwalking once was thought to be mixed in with spirits and demonic possessions."
  • NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ken isn't missing, he is chained upstairs in leather pants waiting for Deirdre. :o:o
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gboy wrote: »
    Now that Ken seems to have been airbrushed out of Corrie altogether, the writers are struggling with where to take Deidre - trying to turn her into a comedy character just isn't working: she's just plain weird when trying to do comedy.

The attempt at turning her into another 'Blanche' is futile, as she just doesn't have the subtlety and deadpan delivery of the much missed Maggie Jones. I hate this habit the writers are developing of turning the middle aged characters like Deirdre and Gail into comedy characters, it's cringeworthy and very uncomfortable to watch.
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=kitkat1971;66713364]Me thinks it was a last minute rewrite. Originally, Ken finds him whilst walking Eccles, takes him home whilst he goes to tell Hayley what has happened leaving him in the dreadful hands of Deardre.

She has been made a joke but it isn't just Blackburn - Collinson started this turning into a joke that is only interested in booze, marrows, and pottery just as Gail is a teenager trapped in a 50 year olds body fluttering her eye lashes whilst sweeping floors. They haven'e known how to write for middle aged women for several years now - Eileen, Gail, Deardre - they are all a joke - the only one treated with respect is StElla.[/QUOTE]

I hadn't thought of that, but, I think you could be right as that makes more sense than Deirdre taking Roy to her house.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deidre couldnt wait for her brandy. Yes she should have taken Roy back to his.
  • Grumpy_AlanGrumpy_Alan Posts: 1,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valentine wrote: »
    The attempt at turning her into another 'Blanche' is futile, as she just doesn't have the subtlety and deadpan delivery of the much missed Maggie Jones. I hate this habit the writers are developing of turning the middle aged characters like Deirdre and Gail into comedy characters, it's cringeworthy and very uncomfortable to watch.

Basically, she is so limited in her acting range that almost anything she is given to 'act' these days is rather beyond her scope.

I feel sorry for the writers having to try and find something suitable for her - a one way trip to New Zealand perhaps.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Basically, she is so limited in her acting range that almost anything she is given to 'act' these days is rather beyond her scope.

I feel sorry for the writers having to try and find something suitable for her - a one way trip to New Zealand perhaps.

Couldnt have put it better:) Also she has been in the soap too long. The actress needed to try other things IMO. I find that some of these long timers get comfortable and dont bother trying. Its a shame really.
  • doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Deidre said that she always sees weirdos but she knows this one I couldn't stop laughing!
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    so where is Ken...do we know yet..Has she explained his whereabouts..She was walking Eccles the dog, which is his job

I was shocked that he did not come down the stairs in his kimono asking what the hell was going on when she took Roy back to the house.

I'm guessing Deirdre is filling in for Ken, Ken would have been the one to find Roy, Ken would have been round Emily's house after her fall, not Deirdre on her own, some of these Deirdre scenes are starting to look out of character now
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Deirdre shouldnt be going through the red rec on her own at that time of night anyway.