La Toyah: Not sweet but calculating

Comments

• oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sid_1979 wrote: »
    La Toyah is hardly listening into other people's conversations when there is one room and they are all sat about talking openly!

Yes she does store up information and form insightful opinions of her housemates. That's the name of the game. We all do it too.

Suppose you pay attention to what she says herself. Then you would know what I am talking about.

Who are this "we"? It certainly doesn't include me. I suggest that you can speak for yourself only and nobody else here.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oulandy wrote: »
    Suppose you pay attention to what she says herself. Then you would know what I am talking about.

Who are this "we"? It certainly doesn't include me. I suggest that you can speak for yourself only and nobody else here.

Deary me, who rattled your cage!?

I was only offering a difference of opinion.

I've actually paid very close attention to what La Toyah says - sometimes she's the only housemate worth listening to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sid_1979 wrote: »
    I don't find La Toyah scheming. I find her astute.

And perhaps the reason she's closer to the guys is because the other women in the house don't give her the time of day.

I agree - also she has grown up in a male dominated house and probably feels more at ease with the guys than the girls
  • SoapsRmeSoapsRme Posts: 1,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think LaToya is fascinating. She's calm, serene, reasonable, interesting and interested. She listens to people, cares about them when they're upset, she mucks in with everything asked of her (even when they make her look ridiculous), isn't lazy cos she clears up and makes food.

She is also picking up the game play as she goes along. She's not above a little gossiping because she sees everyone else doing it but she doesn't take it to extremes.

Coolio told her that Ulrika had moaned about her and Ulrika has done nothing to extend the hand of friendship (even by her own admission) so LaToya has every right to nominate her for the reasons she gave.

I thought it was funny when she said she knew who everyone voted for just by the eye contact when they came out of the diary room. She thought it was her, obviously, and it was funny that she was so wrong.

I bet she was quite surprised that she wasn't nominated.

I really don't think she's as crafty or manipulative is people try to make out.

I hope she stays til the end and I wouldn't mind if she wins.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG, the classic signs of someone who has a mental disorder - quick, call the men in white coats! ;):p

Like all the Jackson's they say they've led a sheltered life, but being in the entertainment business I doubt this is entirely true ;)

However, she's obviously a very private person and shy so has probably become very good at observing people and there's nothing wrong with that!

You don't know Latoya's father, Joseph Jackson very well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calisa wrote: »
    I agree - also she has grown up in a male dominated house and probably feels more at ease with the guys than the girls

Exactly. Rebbie & Janet are the same way.
  • MariaellaMariaella Posts: 1,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SoapsRme wrote: »
    I think LaToya is fascinating. She's calm, serene, reasonable, interesting and interested. She listens to people, cares about them when they're upset, she mucks in with everything asked of her (even when they make her look ridiculous), isn't lazy cos she clears up and makes food.

She is also picking up the game play as she goes along. She's not above a little gossiping because she sees everyone else doing it but she doesn't take it to extremes.

Coolio told her that Ulrika had moaned about her and Ulrika has done nothing to extend the hand of friendship (even by her own admission) so LaToya has every right to nominate her for the reasons she gave.

I thought it was funny when she said she knew who everyone voted for just by the eye contact when they came out of the diary room. She thought it was her, obviously, and it was funny that she was so wrong.

I bet she was quite surprised that she wasn't nominated.

I really don't think she's as crafty or manipulative is people try to make out.

I hope she stays til the end and I wouldn't mind if she wins.

I agree with your views/observations on LaToya.

She is, after all, an older and wiser woman. You can tell she tries hard to be reasonable and courteous - as you'd expect any well rounded fifty something woman who has lived life to be. She's a lot like Jermain.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people are missing the point. She is so observant because she watches the highlights in her hotel room every nite when she leaves the house...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    radiofan wrote: »
    She hasn't stirred anything up, she was simply stating FACTS to a few people about Ben and Michelle to Tina and Coolio.

She probably will win just like like last years BB8 winner, because she is not bitchy . I just loved her when she participated in the tasks VERY ENTERTAINING comapred to the over bitchy women in the house.

Have you noticed only one person nominated her for fickle reasons

Ulrika nominated Latoya because "she is hard to get close to". :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TonyVanDam wrote: »
    Ulrika nominated Latoya because "she is hard to get close to". :rolleyes:

Nah !! Latoya intimidates Ulrika because Latoya refuses to play the "bitchy" game like the other women.

Latoya is classy and mature, and because Latoya isn't playing the "bitchy game" , but is a reasonable sensible soul and I may add is also popular with the male housemates, she will be disliked by the likes of attention seeking Ulrika
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 309
    Forum Member
    latoya upstaged ulrika and she doesn't like that. She came into the house, as the highest payed, yet she confronts latoya and realised that she is no match for latoya who is a real hollywood diva. How can ulrika compete with latoya? Who is she.
    ulrika hates that and latoya is pretty and sweet too.
    So yes, i was not surprised that she nominated latoya. jealousy is a bitch.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    patsyMae wrote: »
    latoya upstaged ulrika and she doesn't like that. She came into the house, as the highest payed, yet she confronts latoya and realised that she is no match for latoya who is a real hollywood diva. How can ulrika compete with latoya? Who is she.
    ulrika hates that and latoya is pretty and sweet too.
    So yes, i was not surprised that she nominated latoya. jealousy is a bitch.

Thank you, I concur. Latoya doesn't play fools gladly. She's summed up Ulrika and the other women and is wisely keeping her distance.

Maybe she may have got tips about keeping the peace from her brother Jermaine, I don't think this is a deliberate game plan. I just think she is a decent mature woman.

Yeah Latoya to WIN !!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Don't get me wrong...I like the fact she is scheming and plotting and I really, really like the way she is doing it but it makes me laugh all the (dare I say) patronising "awww" and "soooo sweet" posts on the forum she attracts.

She has distanced herself cleverly to observe. She's staying with the men as she knows this will keep her in for the longest, and picking off the women - her nomination of Ulrika was a startling case in point....try the 'sweet' reason for getting rid first, when BB don't approve, a strong, definite, not-so-sweet answer comes tumbling out.

She is smarter than the others in that she is not doing the female self-destruct thing...not too much bitching, not being overtly sexy, not being emotional (manipulative) not being opinionated (not a woman's job, you know - ask Tommy:p) and not forming any close friendships with another woman or man.

She's one to watch.;)

*** disclaimer *** all my opinion of course, but I am so right. :D:D

Spot on Chilli Dragon - my views precisely.

I see LaToya as quite artful and extremely canny in the way she sits back and quietly observes and offers little or no allegiance to anyone in particular.

It will be interesting to see how things progress as to whether her methods will prove to be a winner and see her through to the final night.
  • domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    She can also retire to her own room with no other distractions, and process all she has observed.
  • JuceeJucee Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MRS LAWSON wrote: »
    She made me die the way she said "Ulrika isn't happy" all coy like, then BB SAID WE NEED MORE OF A REASON THAN THAT. And she went into one (well as much as Latoya can go into one) "She's sad, miserable and hateful:D:D:D or something like that.

That made me laugh, she didn't even pause for breath :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sick of lies on forum. So Ulrika Has admitted to not reaching out to LAytoya? She actually said each time she tried LAytoya looks scared so she doesnt know what to do. From day 1 ive seen Ulrika start convos with L and never seen the same back. L is shy and ignores the girls but thats Ulrikas fault?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also...Ul comment about L tidying up. She knows Tina likes L and prob said it as in its so funny bless her she keeps tidying everything away and i cant find anything. L is intimidated by
    U for some reason and it was big of U to say she may be too much for her.
  • lovelifelovelife Posts: 1,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Befair144 wrote: »
    Sick of lies on forum. So Ulrika Has admitted to not reaching out to LAytoya? She actually said each time she tried LAytoya looks scared so she doesnt know what to do. From day 1 ive seen Ulrika start convos with L and never seen the same back. L is shy and ignores the girls but thats Ulrikas fault?

I guess if you were approached by someone who had "anger in their face" or wtte you may be a little scared:D

Anyway I am loving her work. If she is playing a game good on her.

I'm not sure that she is playing a game or that calculating. I think she probably got top tips from Jermaine and David Guest though!!

I think she has a disarming personality and we (the viewer) have put judgements and assumptions on her (in the same way we have Verne) and are only just noticing her true character as slowly and drop fed by BB edits.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hang on a minute double standards...if U noms L its jealousy but L noms U and thats Ulrikas fault ? Why cant L reach out to U if she thinks she is so Unhappy and try and help her.
  • lovelifelovelife Posts: 1,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hang on a minute double standards...if U noms L its jealousy but L noms U and thats Ulrikas fault ? Why cant L reach out to U if she thinks she is so Unhappy and try and help her.

Why can't B use full names? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think most of us believe Ulrika is jealous of La Toyah.

The two simply haven't clicked. You can't expect to get on with everybody in the house.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Befair144;30116276 L is intimidated by
    U for some reason and it was big of U to say she may be too much for her.[/QUOTE]

I think the opposite Ulrika is intimidated by Latoya, because L thinks, because she speaks and has a more mature attitude to life. Have you noticed none of the housemates have bitched abot Latoya, except Ulrika.

I think L has a calming effect on the others. Shy, quiet people are often critcised on this forum, and are classed as boring.

Hey !! horses for courses. I personally find L entertaining , she isn't an attention seeker, and feels comfortable in her own skin, she has nothing to prove to the others in the house.

yes Latoya to WIN!!!!!!!
  • VeriVeri Posts: 96,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't get me wrong...I like the fact she is scheming and plotting and I really, really like the way she is doing it but it makes me laugh all the (dare I say) patronising "awww" and "soooo sweet" posts on the forum she attracts.
    I agree that she's calculating and with much of the rest of your post.

The difference is that I don't like it. I was starting to like her a lot as a housemate when she was the court jester and in the skating task, but her behind-backs snitching, stirring and slyness has turned me off her. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who are abused over a long period of time become highly tuned to others - its a survival mechanism. They also learn how to hide their own emotions in order to not arouse anything negative in others.

Being trapped for years into a marriage against her will and having to survive, must have completely affected her behaviour. It will have made her very observant very strong and very in control of herself.

She will also be able to sniff out anger and aggression in others with unfailing accuracy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ujala3a wrote: »
    People who are abused over a long period of time become highly tuned to others - its a survival mechanism. They also learn how to hide their own emotions in order to not arouse anything negative in others.

Being trapped for years into a marriage against her will and having to survive, must have completely affected her behaviour. It will have made her very observant very strong and very in control of herself.

She will also be able to sniff out anger and aggression in others with unfailing accuracy.

Very insightful post.