Why are some shop assistants stuck up?

2»

Comments

• 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    I feel like I am treated differently based on my outfit and my size. I'm a size 12, I'm not the thinnest of people ok. I go in town dressed in joggers and a hoodie and I do feel sometimes like I am being looked down on sometimes for my size and sometimes for what I'm wearing. Once in new look I'll admit I looked abit "rough" no make up, pony tail hair, joggers, hoodie etc and as I went into the changing rooms I got asked to leave another carrier bag for another shop with the assistant. I found this strange and afterwards I watched the assistant and she never asked anybody else to do it apart from me. I've also been followed round a shop by the security guards and/or assistants. I'm not going to steal anything! It puts me off

Personally I would just walk out & take my custom elsewhere :mad:

In these times shops need customers, not alienating them
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Personally I would just walk out & take my custom elsewhere :mad:

Oh believe me I do!

It's just annoying how differently I get treated based on what I'm wearing. I'm an honest person, I'm paid a damn sight more than them and I haven't actually done anything wrong so why follow me around?!?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    80sfan wrote: »

In my recent experience, it's the people in Whalley Range alienating the Co-Op.
    No doubt the suits at head office'll say how successful the Whalley Range (Whithington Road heading towards Chorlton/Old Trafford) one has been since it opened last year.
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    I feel like I am treated differently based on my outfit and my size. I'm a size 12

Anyone who honestly believes size 12 is fat needs their head testing. Or knocked off.

I would KILL to be a size 12.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone who honestly believes size 12 is fat needs their head testing. Or knocked off.

I would KILL to be a size 12.

In Bank afew years back I was looking for a size 12 pair of years and the assistant came over and I asked for a size 12 and she looked abit horrified!
  • missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't understand how shop assistants are able to behave like this. They get away with murder. It's ridiculous.

I've often thought of doing away with a customer but always thought I'd get collared for it.

Now I know I'll get away with it I think I'll start tomorrow!
  • RickWhiteRickWhite Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe anyone who can look decent in the harsh lighting of the shops deserves to look down their nose at the mortals.
    I for one look a right pale state In these shops