Options

1D's Album Up All Night Goes Platinum

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pork.pie wrote: »
    No, I can't risk you breaking into song... you might sing utter drivel... which would be painful for the other onlookers.

Yes we get that you hate them nothing will change your mind and you won't give them a chance blah blah blah:rolleyes:
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    Rebecca was first. :D

They have actually sold more...well so far :)
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    Rebecca was first. :D

Thank you Barrcode for posting this in a 1D congratulations thread. You have impeccable manner :D I shall make sure I return the favour.

Oh and well done to Rebecca too :D
  • Options
    manderleymanderley Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Thank you Barrcode for posting this in a 1D congratulations thread. You have impeccable manner :D I shall make sure I return the favour.

Oh and well done to Rebecca too :D

Yes, well done to both Rebecca and 1D. :)
  • Options
    MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    Thats two people from that series with platinum albums now, good to see that some of them are doing well at least.
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Glad 1D did so well :)
  • Options
    charmingbillycharmingbilly Posts: 1,718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see that both 1D and Rebecca have been certified platinum after 2-3 weeks sales.

Just goes to prove those right who were saying they would be the biggest stars of the last series in the real world.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Well done to the boys! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow all those people should put on trial for poor taste in songs and pop bands.(I will not say music as such poor songs are not music in my book).
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow all those people should put on trial for poor taste in songs and pop bands.(I will not say music as such poor songs are not music in my book).

You just can't help yourself can you? Of course you read the thread title and rubbed your hands in glee thinking now what nasty thing can I post. It would have been so much nicer for us and for yourself just to leave the thread alone but obviously you weren't taught internet etiquette when you joined t'intenet :D
  • Options
    julie88julie88 Posts: 2,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not always (okay, never) their biggest fan, but still - congratulations to 1D (and anyone who is involved with their management and promo), well done!:)

Edit: That sounds a bit sarcastic - it wasn't meant that way...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Their sales will most likely go up quite a bit during this week, due to christmas. :)
  • Options
    GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dear God!

Still I suppose my generation had The Wombles.... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pringle101 wrote: »
    Their sales will most likely go up quite a bit during this week, due to christmas. :)

It will, the boys have started their UK tour, this should also help with more sales.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gneiss wrote: »
    Dear God!

Still I suppose my generation had The Wombles.... :rolleyes:

Whats not to love about the wombles :p I was brought up with them and still love them and got Very excited when I saw them on OKtv the other day :p

Would of prefered 1D to be on there but thw wombles are 2nd best :p
  • Options
    Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,485
    Forum Member
    If they were 5 fat lads with the same singing ability would they sell 300,000 albums?

No

Why do people waste so much money in these times of austerity?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Big Poy wrote: »
    If they were 5 fat lads with the same singing ability would they sell 300,000 albums?

No

I am sure they would.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member

No

Look is such an important factor in music these day - unless you have a voice like Susan Boyle you have to have a presentable and attractive immage to buy into.

Its such a stupid statement to say if they were fat they wouldn't sell records. Its the same as people saying if you take away the teenage girl they wouldn't be successful - just as if you took away the core fanbase of any act they wouldn't be successful.

If Alexandra was the size of heffer I doubt she'd sell. Or if GaGa was the size of a house and looked like the back end of bus - would she be a superstar?

Off course not.

The music industry isn't just about the voice - its encapsulates so many factors that fans buy into and voice is just a part of that.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I take it to have such a vitrolic opinion on the album/ songs you have downloaded and listened to it yourself :p
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I take it to have such a vitrolic opinion on the album/ songs you have downloaded and listened to it yourself :p

Trust me Rose and Ribbon definitely has, if you count how many threads he/she has started on behalf of 1d, it's quite obvious they're a closet fan.:)
  • Options
    Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No

Absolutely not... if they were ugly they'd have not made the live shows, they've got where they're based on their looks.
  • Options
    Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,485
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    I am sure they would.

I am sure you're mental
  • Options
    GneissGneiss Posts: 14,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look is such an important factor in music these day.

Even in opera that is true to a degree these days... the BIG difference there is that you also have to have some talent too!

It saddens me to see total mediocrity in music not only embraced but worshipped as it is these days.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Absolutely not... if they were ugly they'd have not made the live shows, they've got where they're based on their looks.

Most acts do tbh - at least to the lives.

If you're ugly you have to sound like Susan Boyle or be a novelty act like Wagner.
  • Options
    Black DaggerBlack Dagger Posts: 15,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most acts do tbh - at least to the lives.

If you're ugly you have to sound like Susan Boyle or be a novelty act like Wagner.

I know but what I'm saying is, that without the looks they'd have not sold many albums, even their fans are more into looks then 'talent'.