9200 cloned television

taskertasker Posts: 4,064
Forum Member
✭✭✭
i have a toshiba 40 inch projection tv, it has sat happily beside an 8000t and now for a few months with my 9200.

2 days ago the tv remote started affecting the 9200 and now every button on the tv remote turns over the channel on the 9200 ??

anyone else having a problem like this.

on another note i am in yorkshire and i demand analogue switch off now in fact today please :(

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There seems to be reports of clashes with Toshiba remotes. Its strange though that after many months its only started happening in the last couple of days. Have you had any equipment moved in the room or furniture changes. I notice when i have my laptop in the living room the humax will only accept remote contol commands every 2 or 3 seconds. Its the infrared on the back of my laptop that is causing this - if I cover the infra up or disable it the remote commands are back to normal. This doesnt happen at all with my OneforAll remote however
  • taskertasker Posts: 4,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nothing has moved for months short of replacing the 8000 with the 9200.

up until tuesday of this week it has never done it before then it was just the volume button which changed channel, then the menu button and now every button does it.

i have the 9200 on a shelf where luckily it is slightly hidden and once on i dont use the tv remote as the amp does the volume but it is very strange how it has gone from nothing to all out war in a matter of days
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Spooky! My cats have infra red buttons on their collars so they can get through the cat flap. I hope they don't start changing the channel on the Hummy :eek:
    Teresa
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    tasker wrote:
    i have a toshiba 40 inch projection tv, it has sat happily beside an 8000t and now for a few months with my 9200.

2 days ago the tv remote started affecting the 9200 and now every button on the tv remote turns over the channel on the 9200 ??

anyone else having a problem like this.

on another note i am in yorkshire and i demand analogue switch off now in fact today please :(

This also started happening suddenly using my toshiba remote, coinciding with update to version 1.00.06

The main problem is operating the volume control on the Tosh remote changes channels on the 9200t, usually when the channel information plate is displayed.

It's a fair bet your remote is the same as mine.

BA
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    TDS wrote:
    Spooky! My cats have infra red buttons on their collars so they can get through the cat flap. I hope they don't start changing the channel on the Hummy :eek:
    Teresa

Ahh, but can they paws live tv?
  • mkstevomkstevo Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Have you tried using the Toshiba with a Universal Remote Control ? I use my Toshiba with a Philips URC and have no trouble . Mind you , I tried a Toshiba WideScreen CRT TV at home for a while , and the remote for it did upset the Humax . Strangely , the original Toshiba remote for my 4:3 TV works both sets , and is fine with the Humax , the remote for the W/S worked both TV sets and did play up the Humax . Sorry , I don't understand it myself ! :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    change the batteries
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    When I started reading the first post in this thread, all I kept thinking about was "I wonder if they've changed the batteries in the remote" - Quite often, when the batteries are runing low, the remote will either stop working/work intermittently (by the way pressing the button really hard doesn't make it work any better!!) or operate outside their normal operating range. In other words, emitting incorrect signals/causing interference etc.

With the issue where the laptops infrared causing problems with the hummy, again have you tried changing the batteries in the hummy remote? - could be worth a try!

That's my pennies worth.

Aubs
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Just wanted to know why you need to use your toshiba remote while using your humax?
    All you need to do is turn the tv on then all you need is the humax remote.
    It has volume control so you dont even ned the tv remote for that..
    Or am I missing something?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aubs wrote:
    When I started reading the first post in this thread, all I kept thinking about was "I wonder if they've changed the batteries in the remote" - Quite often, when the batteries are runing low, the remote will either stop working/work intermittently (by the way pressing the button really hard doesn't make it work any better!!) or operate outside their normal operating range. In other words, emitting incorrect signals/causing interference etc.

With the issue where the laptops infrared causing problems with the hummy, again have you tried changing the batteries in the hummy remote? - could be worth a try!

That's my pennies worth.

Aubs

Thanks Aubs I'll give that a try. I wouldnt be suprised if it was about time the batteries need changing. Will see if that stops the infrared.
  • taskertasker Posts: 4,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    checked all the batteries all fine.

i was adjusting the conversion on my tosh as it is getting long in the tooth and needs a kick every now and then until i replace it later this year
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Happened last night. I've used a Tevion universal remote since last November which has performed flawlessly but it would not change the channels. Then I noticed it would not operate anything and the low battery warning was flashing. Picked up the original Humax remote which the wife uses but that would not change anything on the 9200, couldn't even switch off. Switched off at rear of 9200, changed batteries in Tevion and switched back on, everything OK again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I get the same problem (changing channels on the 9200) when I power on my Toshiba DVD player by opening the DVD tray. I tried changing the batteries but this hasn't made a difference. I will have to keep an eye out for any cats in the room!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    "Paws live TV" - that's just purrfect!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote:
    Just wanted to know why you need to use your toshiba remote while using your humax?
    All you need to do is turn the tv on then all you need is the humax remote.
    It has volume control so you dont even ned the tv remote for that..
    Or am I missing something?
    Yes, you're missing the good old-fashioned reliable analogue teletext, requiring you to use the the Tosh remote, plus the fact that the volume control on the Humax remote has no affect if you are using the digital optical audio output to your TV.

BA