Options

Samsung/Apple Jury Reaches Verdict

Comments

• Options
    pi r squaredpi r squared Posts: 4,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Faust wrote: »
    I did say invariably, which isn't the same as always.
    You may want to consult a dictionary...
  • Options
    gamercraiggamercraig Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    psionic wrote: »
    You're deluded if you think other companies are all sweetness and light and don't tell lies. They're all out to screw you for every penny they can. Apple didn't invent the concept :D

:) A statement that can be attributed to most of their hardware and software, but by clever advertising and styling they make Joe Public think they did
  • Options
    AntiDoteAntiDote Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    gamercraig wrote: »
    :) A statement that can be attributed to most of their hardware and software, but by clever advertising and styling they make Joe Public think they did

Aided by the odd court judgement or two.
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    AntiDote wrote: »
    Oh dear, I hate to say I told you so.....

lol no I don't. I love it. I told you so :D

No you didn't. We already knew this would happen. Unqualified jurors who fell for an emotional plea from Apple?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Yawn, are you a lawyer for Samsung? Yes it isn't a worldwide ruling, but you can bet your bottom dollar that Samsung will have to make changes to its products worldwide because of it.

Nope, they won't actually.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tdenson wrote: »
    Well said. The first rational comment made in this thread so far amidst a tirade of fury from rabid fandroids.
    Of course the general public couldn't care two hoots about this and will continue to want to buy Apple products.

Oh and here he is!

And most people won't care about it and continue to buy the best selling devices now which is Samsung!
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    Well here it is, i get the feeing Samsung is going to get royally screwed here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19377261

Details are starting to come in now..

American company beats foreign company in an American court....I'm not shocked. I'm more annoyed at the fact that they always show Android phones with their screens on the app drawer when put side by side with an iPhone showing it's homescreen....Why? Unfair comparison, and it's trying to imply the belief that Android phones are somehow copies of the iPhone...very annoying. :sleep:
  • Options
    FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    No you didn't. We already knew this would happen. Unqualified jurors who fell for an emotional plea from Apple?

Jurors tend to be unqualified it's at the heart of the judicial system.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tdenson wrote: »
    I'm sure Apple are quaking in their boots :)

I'm sure they aren't. My point is if I and another on here are ditching them which is nearly £6k and others are doing the same which they are, it could eventually lead to a huge loss for Apple in months to come
  • Options
    FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member

Please declare your interest as an avowed Apple hater following the fire sale of the Apple products you owned.

You didn't tell us why you suddenly got rid of them all though?
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure they aren't. My point is if I and another on here are ditching them which is nearly £6k and others are doing the same which they are, it could eventually lead to a huge loss for Apple in months to come

The majority of consumers are not sheep and have a mind of their own.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    The majority of consumers are not sheep and have a mind of their own.

Yes, of course....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Please declare your interest as an avowed Apple hater following your fire sale of the Apple products you owned.

I did weeks ago. I sold my iphone because i absolutely hated it and wanted to drop kick it daily. I now have a much better phone which was the S3 which is an absolute joy to use. I sold my macs because i actually hated it and never used it. I and my Mrs sold our ipads because they are absolutely awful and i sold the macbooks because we wanted and now have better machines. I wasnt bothered about them as we ran Windows on them as we both dislike OSX. I haven't replaced the imacs because, and you will hate this i know, we prefer laptops...:D

Also to be honest, it was fuelled by the irrational suing of other companies from Apple. I don't like that. They used to be the nice guy, but now are growing just that little to big for their own good. They will come crashing down at some point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Please declare your interest as an avowed Apple hater following the fire sale of the Apple products you owned.

I dislike Apple as a company, yes.

Problem with that?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No you didn't. We already knew this would happen.

Must have been a different thread then :confused:
    Unqualified jurors who fell for an emotional plea from Apple?

Right. And I'm assuming you'd have said the same if they'd ruled in Samsung's favour?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Zack06 wrote: »
    American company beats foreign company in an American court....I'm not shocked. I'm more annoyed at the fact that they always show Android phones with their screens on the app drawer when put side by side with an iPhone showing it's homescreen....Why? Unfair comparison, and it's trying to imply the belief that Android phones are somehow copies of the iPhone...very annoying. :sleep:

Correct. I mentioned this earlier but oddly, no one replied to it...wonder why....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nope, I wouldn't waste my money on any of them. A good old Nokia candy bar for me, so I can perhaps provide a dispassionate view. However, I would love to see the iPhone priced at the same price as Android phones, purely as an exercise just to see how many jump ship to the iPhone. My money would be on mega amounts.

Oh no! You didn't just say that did you?!!! Haha!

Ok well the S3 is the same price, as was the S2 when it came out. What happened there? Oh yes! They both became huuuugely popular and sold faster and even outsold the iphone in several regions. Funny that isn't it?

The 3GS is similarly priced to a decent Android handset yet it sells terribly.

You need to drop this nonsense that Apple products are only for the well off.They are ten a penny now. Common as muck!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I did weeks ago. I sold my iphone because i absolutely hated it and wanted to drop kick it daily. I now have a much better phone which was the S3 which is an absolute joy to use. I sold my macs because i actually hated it and never used it. I and my Mrs sold our ipads because they are absolutely awful and i sold the macbooks because we wanted and now have better machines. I wasnt bothered about them as we ran Windows on them as we both dislike OSX. I haven't replaced the imacs because, and you will hate this i know, we prefer laptops...:D

So after buying iphones, ipads, macs and macbooks, at which point did you realise you disliked Apple?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Must have been a different thread then :confused:

No, really it wasnt.
    Right. And I'm assuming you'd have said the same if they'd ruled in Samsung's favour?

Yes.

Next.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So after buying iphones, ipads, macs and macbooks, at which point did you realise you disliked Apple?

I could swear i put that in the post....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tracey.l wrote: »
    The Samsung galaxy S3 is a great phone and in a few ways better than the iPhone so I suspect even if it didn't have rounded corner they would of still bought it.

Unfortunately when using the S3 you really get the feeling that the Android OS is holding it back.

I don't. After using Jelly Bean! ICS can be a bit laggy though generally.

I would also say the S3 absolutely wallops the iphone in every way. Android used to be bollocks but, its the opposite now. I think it trumps iOS in every respect from the way it runs to the way it looks.
  • Options
    TigerpawsTigerpaws Posts: 11,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I doubt it very much. The new customers they have gained from the release of the Retina MacBook Pro am sure will more than cover your loss.

The reality is all that the average person will hear of this is the headlines - Samsung copied Apple. That's more damaging to Samsung however I doubt that will have any impact on either company.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No, really it wasnt.

No, it must have been, believe me. I had some of my posts reported by the more childish forum users so I'm pretty sure I know what happened.
    Yes.

Next.

I don't believe you.
    I could swear i put that in the post....

Nope you didn't. All I can see is someone bitching about how much they dislike Apple products yet still having supposedly forking out a lot of money for them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tracey.l wrote: »
    I always do, throwing them away is harmful to the environment and keeping mobile phones is pointless. Mine get slapped straight on Ebay and I try to recoup as much as I can.

I got £340 for my iPhone 4 an it was 13 months old.

NOTE!! This is not a good idea with Samsung phones, a used S3 is already cheaper than a used iPhone4s.

It isnt actually. I got £330 for my 4S. My pal sold his second hand S3 for £410.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I would also say the S3 absolutely wallops the iphone in every way.

So a phone released almost a year ago gets beaten by a phone released 6 months later...wow, no sh*t Sherlock...