Options

Humax Direct have closed

ds_readerds_reader Posts: 10,353
Forum Member
✭✭
Does anyone know the story behind Humax Direct closing?

Have the level of sales fallen so low it is too uneconomic to continue.

Comments

• Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Despite your inane and irrational dribble criticising Humax at every opportunity, you'll be annoyed to know they're just having a bit of a revamp of the website and will be back shortly. :D
  • Options
    ianjhianjh Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    Despite your inane and irrational dribble criticising Humax at every opportunity, you'll be annoyed to know they're just having a bit of a revamp of the website and will be back shortly. :D

Ah thanks very much for that information Mickey, I thought it was my browser playing up!
    Looking to purchase an additional box - always a bargain to be had there!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What is the source of that guess or is it down to Humax simply operating to lower standards in not having information of to that effect on their Humax Direct web site?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a guess, it's there in black and white on their UK Facebook page. :D
  • Options
    Max DemianMax Demian Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh well if it's on Facebook it must be true. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Max Demian wrote: »
    Oh well if it's on Facebook it must be true. :rolleyes:
    So you're suggesting that Humax UK are LYING on their Facebook page then?
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,527
    Forum Member

They also emailed all their dealers about it a bit back, 16th Jan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you're suggesting that Humax UK are LYING on their Facebook page then?
    If they're just revamping the website, why not put up an explanatory page rather than a 404 error? Why aren't they accepting orders by phone? Why aren't they fulfilling existing orders? Why are they telling people to buy from regular dealers?

Discussion here
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Some people just have to think it's all just some sort of conspiracy, but myself I'm perfectly happy with what I've seen Humax post and see no reason to not believe them.
    Humax UK
    Humax Direct to be re-vamped! Our sales site is now off-line & will be back soon with a new look and features. For customer support or product issues please call 0344 318 8800 or email uksupport@humax-digital.co.uk.
    Humax UK
    To all our Trade Customers, we are suspending our Trade web site today and will be back online with an all new exciting version very soon! Please place orders on 0844 6690460 or by email Tradesales@Humaxtrade.co.uk
  • Options
    Bob1942Bob1942 Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a sensible fella you are Gonzo,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they're just revamping the website, why not put up an explanatory page rather than a 404 error? Why aren't they accepting orders by phone? Why aren't they fulfilling existing orders? Why are they telling people to buy from regular dealers?

Discussion here

Strange Mr Mouse didn't turn up on that thread.... :D:D:D:D:D

Seems like Humax changed contractors and the new one failed in it's preparations to takeover in time... ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Humax have finally created a link to confirm closure... :o

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/humaxdirect.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ds_reader wrote: »

I wonder who (if anyone) will honour Humax Direct's 1 year warranties on their 'Grade A' machines.
  • Options
    Jimmy_BarnesJimmy_Barnes Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Says the closure is temporary.

You do know what temporary means, right?...
  • Options
    GortGort Posts: 7,467
    Forum Member

From the link you've posted:
    The closure of the Humax Direct website is a temporary move and we look forward to re-introducing new and dynamic replacement soon, that better reflect our Brand values and enhance customer satisfaction. [my emphasis]

In the Victorian sense, it seems that you've prematurely ejaculated. ;)
  • Options
    aciddadaciddad Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    I wonder who (if anyone) will honour Humax Direct's 1 year warranties on their 'Grade A' machines.

I've just had a 'Grade A' HDR-FOX T2 replaced. I emailed customer services and got a reply from the repair centre in Belfast, who organised the swap. Incidentally there was less than two weeks left on the warranty.
    David.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gort wrote: »
    it seems that you've prematurely ejaculated. ;)

Are you an expert on the subject ... from personal experience?

If you look at my profile you would have learned that was an inappropriate comment. or perhaps you are in need of some basic primary school sex education?

2+ weeks between allowing a link to go dead and the addition a simple announcement that should have in place from day ONE is pathetic.

Standards at Humax have dropped since their move to Poland.

www.humaxdirect.co.uk ... now plus the redirect ... almost 5 weeks since CLOSURE and counting ... :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Says the closure is temporary.

You do know what temporary means, right?...

If you had read all the posts on this thread you would have realised how silly a post that was.

Temporary yes ... my post confirmed that FACT ... ;-)

2+ weeks to add the announcement and now almost 5 weeks since the CLOSURE... :o

How long are they going to take to build a new site judging by these time scales ... will the answer be months or years... :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are you an expert on the subject ... from personal experience?

If you look at my profile you would have learned that was an inappropriate comment. or perhaps you are in need of some basic primary school sex education?

You have a profile? Maybe I'll click on it one of these days...

Anyway, best go and read up on some Victorian novels to increase your lexicon. There is another definition of "ejaculated" that's not the one that sprang to your mind.
    2+ weeks between allowing a link to go dead and the addition a simple announcement that should have in place from day ONE is pathetic.

Standards at Humax have dropped since their move to Poland.

www.humaxdirect.co.uk ... now plus the redirect ... almost 5 weeks since CLOSURE and counting ... :o

Well, as has been said, temporary doesn't mean permanent. You said "confirm closure", suggesting that they have confirmed closure, when all they've confirmed, for now, is that it's temporary. Maybe they will close for sure, but there hasn't been any confirmation for now.
  • Options
    EEPhilEEPhil Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    There is another definition of "ejaculation" that's not the one that sprang to your mind.

As anyone who saw the relevant episode of QI should know.
  • Options
    innitrichieinnitrichie Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    Almost three months later...

It may well still be temporary, but usually you don't close a revenue-generating website to work on launching a new version. You keep the old site running and build the new site silently on a dev machine and then when you're ready to launch, you kill the old site, move the staged dev site to production and launch it. So my gut instinct says Humax Direct isn't coming back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    aurichie wrote: »
    Almost three months later...

[snipped]

So my gut instinct says Humax Direct isn't coming back.

Yeah, I think after three months, it shows that something is truly amiss. A few weeks might be understandable, but this "temporary" is taking a bit of an age. Still, who knows for sure, seeing that the site isn't a 404.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh look, humaxdirect is back again after undergoing a revamp, just as they said it would be.

I guess ds_whiner and the other know-it-all naysayers will have to eat their words again. :D
  • Options
    Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,527
    Forum Member
    Oh look, humaxdirect is back again after undergoing a revamp, just as they said it would be.

I guess ds_whiner and the other know-it-all naysayers will have to eat their words again. :D

Took hell of a long time though - obviously it wasn't a 'revamp' - something must have gone badly wrong somewhere :D

If you're 'revamping' a website you don't take it down at all, you test the new site alongside the old one, them seamlessly (as far as possible) switch them over.

I suspect 'revamp' was just an excuse, and something serious had happened (like they lost the domain name?).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I think after three months, it shows that something is truly amiss. A few weeks might be understandable, but this "temporary" is taking a bit of an age. Still, who knows for sure, seeing that the site isn't a 404.

So it took almost 6 months to make a simple Web site update, even I didn't really think it would take that long!

Did you enjoy Mr Mouse's evacuation?