Options

Amy - some theories from my frazzled brain

fifi_folEfifi_folE Posts: 900
Forum Member
✭✭
Hello all, please don't bit me, I'm a lurker and rare poster but have been racking my brain about Amy's "pregnancy". :)

Theory 1: Could Amy give birth to her own mother? As Amy was born around 1988 or 1989 (based on being 7 in 1996), so her mother could be born in the late 1960s? Hence the picture isn't of Amy with a baby but of her grandmother with her mother. :confused:

Theory 2: However the child is Amy gives birth to has to be given up to save the doctor in 2011, not worked on why that is yet. Maybe, even the child must be brought up in the 1960s orphanage for whatever reason?

I came up with these in the midst of insomnia so please be kind.

Comments

• Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    fifi_folE wrote: »
    Theory 1: Could Amy give birth to her own mother? As Amy was born around 1988 or 1989 (based on being 7 in 1996), so her mother could be born in the late 1960s? Hence the picture isn't of Amy with a baby but of her grandmother with her mother. :confused:

Completely and utterly impossible. Which makes it exactly as likely as any other speculation round here!

Thing is, there's nothing there that could suggest it. It could quite easily be Amy with someone else's baby, Amy holding herself as a baby, a parallel universe Amy, a parallel universe baby, a deliberate red herring placed by an unknown force to make the Doctor think the baby is hers, etc., etc., etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The baby being given up to save the doctor would be an interesting one.
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    The baby being given up to save the doctor would be an interesting one.

A little bit Torchwood, don't you think?