Simon Cowell - "I would have kept miss dynamix. I don't get that decision"

ItsBrookeItsBrooke Posts: 2,473
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hes just tweeted that

Simon Cowell ‏@SimonCowell 4m
I would have kept miss dynamix. I don't get that decision.

https://twitter.com/SimonCowell

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    Maybe he's basing it on simply the sing-off and not previous performances.
  • ItsBrookeItsBrooke Posts: 2,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or maybe he just liked the girls better than Hannah? can only be one of them two anyway haha!:p
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    of course he would

he just sees dollar signs and would want the manufactured group to do well

look at his category on xfusa , we almost had 3 of the 4 groups in the lives be the ones they put together after the auditions , before one of them lost their place to the last group in the "4 chair challenge"
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe that he has no say in the pecking order:o
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    I can't believe that he has no say in the pecking order:o

maybe Sharon and Louis's earpieces weren't working so they didn't get the message from him who to save ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    of course he would

he just sees dollar signs and would want the manufactured group to do well

look at his category on xfusa , we almost had 3 of the 4 groups in the lives be the ones they put together after the auditions , before one of them lost their place to the last group in the "4 chair challenge"

He does see dollar signs but he would prefer Hannah out of the way to give Tamera a clear run. That's where the money is!
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he should have tweeted Sharon that. :D
  • iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Louis and Sharon should expect a phone call from Cowell soon :D
  • TomGrantTomGrant Posts: 4,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with him.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lets be honest he is only interested in pound signs, and not who actually is the best artist in the competition.
  • BodyElectric.BodyElectric. Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lets be honest he is only interested in pound signs, and not who actually is the best artist in the competition.

How about when the completion ends? The music industry is a cruel business. You don't succeed by just having "talent" you need to have everything else.

Why shouldn't he care about pound signs? :confused:
  • supersnakesupersnake Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he is just trying to stir up drama and it's a futile attempt to raise viewership figures.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What does this mean for Hannah in the competition? Will the producers start nuking her?
  • J05hJ05h Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair I think he was making the decision based on the sing-off as while both were not great in the sing -off the girl group actually sang better than Hannah isn't that what it is meant to be based on.
  • J05hJ05h Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    What does this mean for Hannah in the competition? Will the producers start nuking her?

he was saying in terms of the sing-off not who he would rather win.

although maybe it is underhand as we all know he would prefer tamera over hannah
  • supersnakesupersnake Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J05h wrote: »
    To be fair I think he was making the decision based on the sing-off as while both were not great in the sing -off the girl group actually sang better than Hannah isn't that what it is meant to be based on.

They really did not. They were technically out of tune for almost the entire performance. Sese's voice was very scratchy and the other one with the hat kept coming in late on her parts. They did not harmonise well together (the backing track did most of the harmonising for them) and harmonising is a necessary part of being a group. Whilst Hannah was breaking down at the end, she was at least more tuneful than they were and even though she was far from perfect she was FAR superior to their performance.
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    Simon's criteria is who will sell, when I've given them a makeover and auto tuned their voices. Who's more interesting? Who has a defined buying demographic be it young or old? Looking at his choices over the years, it's not talent he goes for necessarily. Watching Zain from One Direction shuffle on stage and warble weakly, never in a million years did I predict he'd be a millionaire one day.
  • E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    For me, when watching Hannah's singoff sing last nite....I was thinking she could do better than this, it didnt matter in the end....she was going through! !! When shes back again, singing for a save, watch her soar...shes coming back with a fight:D:D
  • JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone equating Simon with making money, but I do genuinely believe that for years he has taken the sing-off to mean a fight for survival, and almost always kept the act which he felt did better in the sing-off.

That was Miss Dynamix, without question.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    x-xLizx-x wrote: »
    Maybe he's basing it on simply the sing-off and not previous performances.

Maybe he's basing on the possibility that, having created this "group," it was essential to make sure that they got through to the later stages of the competition..

Hannah outsang them, not only in the live shows, but also in the sing offs, which showed them for what they are, a cobbled together effort, who are really 3 wannabe soloists, who don't sing harmony very well together, on the very rare occasions they attempt it.

None of the above is their fault, it's to be expected, you can't form a cohesive vocal unit, overnight..it takes a lot of rehearsal and commitment.

Hopefully, next year they'll abandon this sham, or should I say scam and allow only groups that have auditioned as groups through to the final..

Rich.
    x
  • swan007swan007 Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Based on the sing off I agree with him.
  • callym1980callym1980 Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is probably thinking about who is marketable & with vocal help Ms Dynamix probably have more potential to sell records in terms of genre and market appeal. He has never been a fan of the new 'Adeles' regardless of talent.

All I can say is thank goodness he is NOT on the panel this year! Hannah deserves her place.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's probably trying to avert a discrimination case from a pregnant girl!

*Kicked out because I am pregnant* !!
  • achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course.

He loves a "shock elimination", and it would help Tamera pick up more votes.
  • CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    neorich wrote: »
    None of the above is their fault, it's to be expected, you can't form a cohesive vocal unit, overnight..it takes a lot of rehearsal and commitment.

x

You can if you have the talent, Little Mix were doing well from week one, yes they got better as the show progressed, but they were acceptably together from the start.

Dynamix were just not a group, they were three soloists on stage at the same time taking turns to sing, and it showed. That is down to them and the vocal coaches.