Trump's impeachment

Comments

• fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Here's my prediction.
    He will be impeached and won't last the year.
  • MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    "I have a vagina" that was literally Hillary's whole campaign.

Wow... did you ever get that wrong... how embarrising for you. Literally.
  • HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    Here's my prediction.

Make sure everyone notes this.

Just out of interest. Will he be removed from office?
    Forum Member
    Make sure everyone notes this.

Just out of interest. Will he be removed from office?

Oh yes... they'd need to drag him out!!! he'd been clinging on to people's legs and the door frames and kicking and screaming and crying and shouting "fake news fake news" all the way.
  • cheesy_pastycheesy_pasty Posts: 4,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mesostim wrote: »
    Wow... did you ever get that wrong... how embarrising for you. Literally.

Very true, that was far from her campaign.

Now the reason many women voted for her on the other hand.....
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Given the Republicans control both houses of Congress whet the Democrats think on this matter is irrelevant.

You would need two thirds of both to impeach.

No chance before 2018 at the very earliest.

Nothing short of a public uprising would convince the Republicans to do anything about Trump, even although they must be getting a bit twitchy as he is doing a lot of damage to them.
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mesostim wrote: »
    Oh yes... they'd need to drag him out!!! he'd been clinging on to people's legs and the door frames and kicking and screaming and crying and shouting "fake news fake news" all the way.

..... and "did you see that terror attack in Sweden last night, the Muslims\Jews\blacks\Hilary Clinton\press (delete as necessary) are to blame".
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ustarion wrote: »
    I'm not sure the Democrats would want Trump impeached early because this would mean (if he was convicted) that Pence would become President. Surely they would hope to keep him in for the full term, hope he crashes and burns and then put forward a decent candidate.

Impeachment for what?
  • Mr Oleo StrutMr Oleo Strut Posts: 15,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Impeachment for what?

Incompetence, perhaps? The 25fh Amendment to the US Constitution (do I wish the U.K. had one!) provides mechanisms for relieving the President of his position in certain circumstances and devolves those powers onto the Vice -President. This Amedment was introduced in the Reagan era partly because there was concern about his ability to carry out his duties adequately. So impeachment. What more could Trump do to justify that? He is alleged to have lied, abused and tax-avoided already. If any of those accusations can be made to stick he's surely already dead in the water. Maybe it's only a matter of time before Trump's Tower collapses.
  • Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GibsonSG wrote: »
    ..... and "did you see that terror attack in Sweden last night, the Muslims\Jews\blacks\Hilary Clinton\press (delete as necessary) are to blame".

It's been established he misheard Sweden.

85 people died in a terrorist attack in Sehwan, a place in Pakistan.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/19/sweden-trump-cites-non-existent-terror-attack

Frightening he can address a crowd and repeatedly say 'Sweden' when it happened in Pakistan.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    It's been established he misheard Sweden.

85 people died in a terrorist attack in Sehwan, a place in Pakistan.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/19/sweden-trump-cites-non-existent-terror-attack

Frightening he can address a crowd and repeatedly say 'Sweden' when it happened in Pakistan.

I don't think that's what he was referring to _ I think the theory about FOX news covering immigrant news in Sweden the night before is far more likely.

This is a President who finds out what's going on in the world by watching FOX News - he's a smart guy - he doesn't need to attend intelligence briefings with 'so called intelligence officers- - he gets all he needs to know from the telly.;-)
  • Mr Oleo StrutMr Oleo Strut Posts: 15,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »
    Best banner seen at an anti-Trump march:

"WE SHALL OVER-COMB"

Fan-tastic!
    Forum Member
    Very true, that was far from her campaign.

Now the reason many women voted for her on the other hand.....

Ah good oh... a nice bit of generalised sexism... i see where Trump gets his support.
  • WhoAteMeDinnerWhoAteMeDinner Posts: 4,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's my prediction.

Are you aware of the political make-up of the US Congress ? An impeachment trial requires a majority in the House to even begin and two thirds of the Senate must give a guilty vote.

That will never happen.
  • JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    Are you aware of the political make-up of the US Congress ? An impeachment trial requires a majority in thne House to even begin and two thirds of the Senate must give a guilty vote.

That will never happen.

i agree. and he needs to be in for at least 4 years to get the policies he was elected on in place. its going to be a long time for all those posters hoping for a miracle. :)
  • voteoutvoteout Posts: 7,227
    Forum Member
    Trump may end up president for life at this rate.
  • HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    voteout wrote: »
    Trump may end up president for life at this rate.

He will be trying to repeal the 22nd amendment.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tedmaul09 wrote: »
    I despise Trump and everything he represents, yet i'm kind of attracted to Kellyanne Conway. I can't help it :( It's just her confidence and brazen bullshit in the face of any questions.

What is wrong with me :blush:

It's like the infamous Iraqi information minister "Comical Ali".
    I don't think Trump will be impeached. I hope he is, I just can't see it happening. If it does happen I hope it's during his state visit to London.
    Forum Member
    He will be trying to repeal the 22nd amendment.

I wouldn't put it past him. I certainly wouldn't put it past Bannon.
    Forum Member
    It was always much more likely he'll get bored or ill. And the former is looking more likely to me now than it did before the election.

This presidency will go one of two ways: either he'll stamp on dissent to get rid of it (in which case the US is in danger of losing its "land of the free" status), or said dissent will cause a terminal strop from the orange one and he'll leave his post.

Especially if the Russian thing gets close to Trump, there's very little prospect IMO of this settling into a normal presidential term.

Not that I want rid of him necessarily. Reducing American competitiveness by becoming protectionist, provided it doesn't crash their economy, presents opportunities for the rest of the world to pick from the US carcass. I would enjoy the UK stealing the US's technical advantages very much.
  • WhoAteMeDinnerWhoAteMeDinner Posts: 4,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    voteout wrote: »
    It was always much more likely he'll get bored or ill. And the former is looking more likely to me now than it did before the election.

This presidency will go one of two ways: either he'll stamp on dissent to get rid of it (in which case the US is in danger of losing its "land of the free" status), or said dissent will cause a terminal strop from the orange one and he'll leave his post.

Especially if the Russian thing gets close to Trump, there's very little prospect IMO of this settling into a normal presidential term.

Not that I want rid of him necessarily. Reducing American competitiveness by becoming protectionist, provided it doesn't crash their economy, presents opportunities for the rest of the world to pick from the US carcass. I would enjoy the UK stealing the US's technical advantages very much.

You are not seeing the big geopolitical picture here. His protectionist and nativist economic and diplomatic policies will accelerate the rise of China as the only superpower.
  • ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's my prediction.

You may well be right. However, I'm still not sure it would happen with a Republican congress. On the other hand, the Republicans may well be playing the long game as they probably have better chance with Pence than Trump.
  • DS9DS9 Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Impeachment for what?

Incompetence, perhaps? The 25fh Amendment to the US Constitution (do I wish the U.K. had one!) provides mechanisms for relieving the President of his position in certain circumstances and devolves those powers onto the Vice -President. This Amedment was introduced in the Reagan era partly because there was concern about his ability to carry out his duties adequately. So impeachment. What more could Trump do to justify that? He is alleged to have lied, abused and tax-avoided already. If any of those accusations can be made to stick he's surely already dead in the water. Maybe it's only a matter of time before Trump's Tower collapses.

We don't need a 25th Amendment cos it's so much easier for a party to remove their leader. Look at the downfall of Thatcher for an eg
  • Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ustarion wrote: »
    Here's my prediction.

You may well be right. However, I'm still not sure it would happen with a Republican congress. On the other hand, the Republicans may well be playing the long game as they probably have better chance with Pence than Trump.

I think Pence might be in trouble too. Look forward to President Ryan.