What happens to Janine?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,279
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi everyone!

I'm away in South Africa at the moment so no access to Eastenders! Caught up to the 27th Dec!

I have felt so sorry for Janine over this whole Christmas period (as I have read in some other threads though I know she divides opinion!) but either way definitely think she's been the main character worth watching recently!!!

I really was hoping that Ryan would eventually go back to her...I thought they were a great double act and was surprised about him and Stacey tbh...I can't believe we've seen Janine so vulnerable! And I couldn't believe it when Ryan did that to her at the hospital...!

So just wanted to make sure firstly she did recover (and what was said about her tube being pulled out) and secondly what does the future hold for Janine now??? Do we know if Charlie Brooks is sticking around for longer??? (I hope so!!)

Comments

• ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janine is left to her own devices now that Pat disowned her. Ryan pulled the tube and Ricky saved her. I don't think they handled any of it well to be honest. With the whole Stacey affair. Will Janine bounce back from this? Hard to imagine. I thought the entire Square ganging up on her after being stabbed was far fetched and incredulous.
  • Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure, she seems to be on a break right now she isn't mentioned in the spoilers for the next while. Which is good because she has been the centre of things for a good few months. I like the character a lot but you do need a break even from your favs so they don't become so much in your face.

I doubt Charlie Brooks will be leaving anytime soon as she did before and returned and last night on Stacey Slater's farewell programme, the producers and whoever else was talking seemed to love the character.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have to remember she is a bounce back character though

We have seen her been turned into a practical agrophobic eating dogfood, a drug addict prostitute, jailed for murder, heatbroken and thrown out on to the pavement with just her belongings last christmas...each time she has picked herself up

I actually want to her flourish at last!!! Is there not a business she can somehow take charge of?!?
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She will probably bounce back and get back to scheming fairly soon....and Pat is bound to forgive her, she always does!
    Forum Member
    We have to remember she is a bounce back character though

We have seen her been turned into a practical agrophobic eating dogfood, a drug addict prostitute, jailed for murder, heatbroken and thrown out on to the pavement with just her belongings last christmas...each time she has picked herself up

I actually want to her flourish at last!!! Is there not a business she can somehow take charge of?!?

She was good at the car lot last time, its a shame they took it off her. It was kinda sweet how she got it when it was once Franks.
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She will probably bounce back and get back to scheming fairly soon....and Pat is bound to forgive her, she always does!

I think that the reason Pat gives Janine so many chances is her guilt over pretty much ignoring Janine throughout her childhood, Pat and Frank were so caught up in their own dramas, their affairs and Frank's disappearing acts when things got too tough that they had little time for Janine,

When you watch the old episodes (ignoring the fact that the.actress playing Janine changes at an alarming rate!) it is quite sad how neglected she is, in fact the only person to show any interest in Janine at all is Diane, I wonder why they didn't bring Diane back? she was very well received by fans during her last appearance at Frank's funeral, I think Janine needs at least one friendly face around her!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She gets shot by jean
    Forum Member
    cobis wrote: »
    I think that the reason Pat gives Janine so many chances is her guilt over pretty much ignoring Janine throughout her childhood, Pat and Frank were so caught up in their own dramas, their affairs and Frank's disappearing acts when things got too tough that they had little time for Janine,

When you watch the old episodes (ignoring the fact that the.actress playing Janine changes at an alarming rate!) it is quite sad how neglected she is, in fact the only person to show any interest in Janine at all is Diane, I wonder why they didn't bring Diane back? she was very well received by fans during her last appearance at Frank's funeral, I think Janine needs at least one friendly face around her!

Was Diane the lesbian who came with Janine to Franks funeral? What about the other sister? Whats her name? I remember her giving Janine money then running off when she saw how troubled she was back in her prozzie days.
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was Diane the lesbian who came with Janine to Franks funeral? What about the other sister? Whats her name? I remember her giving Janine money then running off when she saw how troubled she was back in her prozzie days.

The eldest sister is Claire, she has only made fleeting appearances over the years, never actually living in the Square, she is hardly ever mentioned now.

Yes Diane is now a lesbian, well she seems to have stuck at it longer than Sonia did!
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, the other sister is called Claire (I think she is the eldest)
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She needs to run a business! She could run a care agency with her doing nursing/caring when she met her 2nd hubbie (dont ask about the standard of care though!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I laughed when Diane told Janine she was a lesbian.

Diane: I have a new partner now.
    Janine: Aw, what's his name?
    Diane: Suzanne.
    Janine: Oh. That's great.

Something like that, anyway. But it was funny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say I don't think she could make a worse job of R&R could she!!