Options

BBC AAC streams now in iTunes and so perhaps available for internet radio devices?

124»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    Nick_G wrote: »
    Well if you search BBC Radio 3 on both Reciva & V-Tuner you get the 192k WMA and 48k WMA streams listed respectively:

https://www.reciva.com/stations/search?q=bbc+radio+3&categories=&codec=&min_bitrate=&max_bitrate=&working=true

http://vtuner.com/setupapp/guide/asp/BrowseStations/Searchform.asp

So, unless the radios access a different database, it isn't on their lists. You would have to add the stream manually, and of course, this would mean knowing it exists in the first place!
    The 320Kb/sec AAC stream for Radio 3 is in the Reciva database. Click the speaker icon on the Reciva page you linked to and the "Live (AAC)" link in the popup points to the AAC stream. The Reciva database has multiple streams for some radio stations, and when you select the station on the radios it lists the different streams available for that station.
  • Options
    remlapremlap Posts: 6,256
    Forum Member
    Also its very easy to add them manually to the Pure Lounge database, I just checked and Radio 3 still works well on my Pure Evoke Flow.
  • Options
    hanssolohanssolo Posts: 22,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    remlap wrote: »
    Also its very easy to add them manually to the Pure Lounge database, I just checked and Radio 3 still works well on my Pure Evoke Flow.
    But the point is the link for the 320k AAC stream has not official been published, and unlike itunes, Reciva and Logitech/tunein, Pure lounge (and also vtuner) should have updated their R3 listing, which looks looks like they have not yet done.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Having given Roberts Radio the .pls URL over the phone I got them to try it on one of their radios. It worked!
    So I bought a 83i and I have got it working also. Problem is that the buffer keeps emptying and reloading. I have a 6Mbs link so I don't think it is that. Also I have not noticed it doing that on my PC. Maybe it will be more stable at night when I want to use it.
    I asked them why they don't put on their FAQ. They said they thought it may be experimental. Why can't Frontier put on their DB, Reciva has it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Have noticed that the continual buffering happens only when using WIFI. Ethernet link is stable. WIFI is in next door room so is very close. Modern house so walls are not that thick. Has anyone else noticed this with WIFI and streaming. Had a look at other local WIFI and nothing strong so doubt it can be interference from them.
  • Options
    Harris TweedHarris Tweed Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roger w wrote: »
    Have noticed that the continual buffering happens only when using WIFI. Ethernet link is stable. WIFI is in next door room so is very close. Modern house so walls are not that thick. Has anyone else noticed this with WIFI and streaming. Had a look at other local WIFI and nothing strong so doubt it can be interference from them.

I may be talking through my hat here - certainly not an area of expertise - but does your router have a QoS (quality of service) setting to prioritise streaming media?

Just wondering whether the data's getting treated equally with other stuff which isn't so time sensitive?
  • Options
    vinnielovinnielo Posts: 8,359
    Forum Member
    And is the WiFi channel you're using potentially conflicting with someone else's?
  • Options
    buglawtonbuglawton Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try a different router eg in an internet cafe