2nd Star Wars Anthology film announced - Young Han Solo

Comments

• idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    RebelScum wrote: »
    Go to YouTube and check out Anthony Ingruber's Han Solo impression.

Artistically, he would be bloody amazing, if a bit uncanny. I don't think Disney would go for it in a commercial sense though somehow. I hope I'm wrong, because I would truly believe that he is the younger version of everybody's favourite smuggler with a performance like that. :D:D
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting, but they HAVE to get the casting bang on. Not another Hayden Christensen please for the love of all things Jedi
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »
    Go to YouTube and check out Anthony Ingruber's Han Solo impression.
    In these petition-mad days, I see there's one going on to get Ingruber the Solo part :D
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Jesse Pinkman is rumoured to be playing a young Han Solo. Facially i can kind of see it, he could resemble a young Harrison Ford.
  • prelektric78prelektric78 Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    So Jesse Pinkman is rumoured to be playing a young Han Solo. Facially i can kind of see it, he could resemble a young Harrison Ford.

Aaron Paul is as old now as Harrison Ford was when he was filming Star Wars in 1976, (actually a year older). Aaron looks good for 35, but they ought to be looking for someone younger. I'm not sure I see any resemblance either, but hey ho. :)

It's more likely they'll go for a relatively unknown actor in their early twenties, but the aforementioned Anthony Ingruber's resemblance, and his impression is uncanny. I'd be very surprised though if Lucasfilm cast the role on the basis of a petition. ;-)
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aaron Paul is too old to play a 'young' Han Solo, and besides he looks NOTHING like Harrison Ford. I'd have a hard time believing they were the same person. They'd be crazy not to go for Anthony Ingruber - he's young, he has the look, and has the benefit of being relatively unknown.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Donald Glover has been announced as playing young Lando Calrissian in the new film -

http://www.starwars.com/news/donald-glover-cast-as-young-lando-calrissian-in-upcoming-han-solo-star-wars-stand-alone-film
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    He is the perfect choice for that role and I would have felt let down of anyone else played Lando in this film!

Despite this casting I still don't see the point of this film and I'm worried it will be a misstep for Disney with the Star Wars films

I thought all the Star Wars films and spin off films were all going to be released in December but Digital Spy reported this film as being released in May 2018

That seems strange with Star Wars Episode 8 released in December 2017 so maybe that release date will change soon?
  • eggcheneggchen Posts: 2,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Lando isn't rocking the 'tache and wave-fro I'll be disappointed.

Some of the things that could appear in this spin-off:-

Lando's maneouvre at the Battle of Tanaab
    Lando losing the Falcon to Han Solo
    Han Solo's freeing of Chewbacca from Imperial slavery
    Han working for Jabba
    Forum Member
    Game of Thrones star Emilia Clarke has been confirmed for a role in the film. http://www.starwars.com/news/emilia-clarke-joins-the-han-solo-stand-alone-film

Mother of Falcons?
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lando losing the falcon is nailed on
    Forum Member
    Woody Harrelson has been confirmed as joining the cast too. http://www.starwars.com/news/woody-harrelson-signs-on-for-young-han-solo-film

I'm hoping the film will be a swashbuckling pirate/Errol Flynn type movie, ending in the Battle of Taanab.
    Forum Member
  • The AmazingThe Amazing Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many years before ANH is this set? I can imagine Disney crow-baring in one or two Rogue One characters. If I recall, wasn't Han an Imperial cadet early on, so maybe Krenic could put in in an appearance.
  • PaperSkinPaperSkin Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This movie is a creatively bankrupt idea, a studio just cashing in on a name they know will make them some quick buck, there's no reason for this movies to exist, and all it will do is take away from the character of Han Solo.... They could of made something amazing if they did a movie with a new character in the underworld of star wars but nope they put their movie in a small box of what it can possible do all to cash in on the Solo name... Still I'm sure it will look good...
    Forum Member
    Bob Iger of Disney has let slip some details on the new film

https://www.periscope.tv/USCMarshall/1yNGaPODqWqKj

– It will profile Han from the ages of 18 to 24.
    – How Han acquires the iconic Millennium Falcon.
    – How Han begins to form his relationship with Chewbacca.
    How Han gets his name.

WTF? :lol:

Forum Member
    Also, Woody Harrelson has revealed his character is a criminal called Beckett.
    Forum Member
    edited 21/06/17 - 01:14 #46
    Bit of shock news - directors Chris Miller and Phil Lord have stepped down as directors -

“Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are talented filmmakers who have assembled an incredible cast and crew, but it’s become clear that we had different creative visions on this film, and we’ve decided to part ways. A new director will be announced soon,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm.

“Unfortunately, our vision and process weren’t aligned with our partners on this project. We normally aren’t fans of the phrase ‘creative differences’ but for once this cliché is true. We are really proud of the amazing and world-class work of our cast and crew,” stated Phil Lord and Christopher Miller

The untitled Han Solo film remains scheduled for a May 2018 release.
  • digitalspyfan1digitalspyfan1 Posts: 1,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 21/06/17 - 10:55 #47
    I reckon the directors got to point in the production when they were about to film the scene where Han reveals his real name and they thought "what the heck is this nonsense?" and quit! :p
    Forum Member
    Seems that they were sacked, something to do with too much improvisation and making Han into too much of a comedy character.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    Sounds like a good idea, but I'm worried by the sheer quantity of Star Wars feature films Disney are pumping out.

Star Wars 7 in Dec 2015,
    Rogue One in Dec 2016,
    Star Wars 8 in May 2017,
    Han Solo movie May 2018
    and Star Wars 9 in 2019

No SW for over ten years and then we get five movies within four years! :o

May has gone this year and we haven't had Star Wars 8 as far as I can remember.
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    I reckon the directors got to point in the production when they were about to film the scene where Han reveals his real name and they thought "what the heck is this nonsense?" and quit! :p

I really hope that was a quote that got lost in translation and that they actually meant "how he got his reputation (name)", as a great smuggler.

So the directors made it too jokey? But as all their other films have been comedies you'd have thought someone might have twigged that it was likely to be their modus. Be interesting to see how the film recovers from this, I wonder who they can get to direct it now? I wonder if Gareth Edwards is available?
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    Seems that they were sacked, something to do with too much improvisation and making Han into too much of a comedy character.

Disney hire two directors who have spent their whole career making comedies then complain when they make it too jokey? 😱

Will be interesting to see if they still make the May 2018 release date or go back to December again.