Coronation Street - Todd and Billy (Toddly) Appreciation Thread

Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
Forum Member
✭✭
Any other Todd and Billy fans? I loved their friendship and now I love that they finally got together. While I'm sorry for Sean I'm glad Billy and Todd didn't cheat on him and Billy needs to be true to himself though he should have tried to let Sean down gently much earlier. God knows what Eileen will say though. Still - Toddly all the way. :):):)

Comments

• notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    I like Billy as a character, even if his devotion to 'vicarhood' is somewhat questionable at times & I am now (after a slow start) finding Todd one of the best characters on the Street!!
    I have loved their friendship but would kind of prefer to have left it like that as I'm not sure that Todd will be happy for long playing second fiddle to religion!!
    Time will tell though & it is quite a fascinating combination!!
    Sean & Eileen most certainly ain't going to be impressed!!
    Wonder if Todd will be the one to bring an end to weasly Phelan's plans, whatever they are!!
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love both character's and actor's I've hoped for a while that they would become a couple, It would be good if they became popular like Robron in ED.
  • Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    curvybabes wrote: »
    I love both character's and actor's I've hoped for a while that they would become a couple, It would be good if they became popular like Robron in ED.

Same here - I loved Robron until Robert turned nasty :( Let us hope that Todd behaves himself.

Thanks for joining guys. :)
  • Jade_StreisandJade_Streisand Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    I love them so much and they have amazing chemistry, I can't wait to see what's in store for them! Also glad to see Billy having a bigger role too.
  • sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    Their scenes tonight were the best of the night.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eileen finds out about Toddly the week after next according to inside Soap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Toddly Spoilers:

Next Wednesday - Elsewhere, when Todd receives a text from Billy, his face lights up. Eileen is immediately suspicious, wondering if he's got a new man in his life. Todd and Billy secretly arrange a day out to Formby, but agree that they need to work out how to break the news of their relationship to Sean.

Next Friday - An apologetic Billy tells Todd that they'll have to cancel their trip to Formby, as he's been left to run the community centre playgroup. As Billy surveys Aadi, Simon and Amy causing mayhem, he realises it's going to be a long day. He's delighted when Todd arrives offering to help out.

As Billy and Todd emerge from the community centre, Eileen wants to know what they've been doing. Painting on his best innocent face, Todd explains he was just helping the vicar with playgroup. Eileen is suspicious.

Later, Billy suggests to Todd they have a night on the town. As Billy and Todd wait in Tyrone's cab, they discuss their relationship and how much easier things will be when they go public. Unbeknown to them, a furious Eileen listens to every word over the cab radio.

Eileen angrily drags Todd and Billy out of Tyrone's taxi. The boys are horrified to realise she heard their conversation over the radio. Eileen rails at Todd, accusing him of destroying other people's relationships for the sake of it. Telling her how sorry he is, Todd heads off to find Billy.

Later, Sean arrives home from London bearing gifts for Eileen and Todd. Eileen feels terrible, knowing how hurt he'll be when he finds out about Todd and Billy. Todd confides in Eileen that he's never felt this way before and he reckons Billy is the one. Eileen softens, but insists he must tell Sean the truth and soon.
  • Andy_MarloweAndy_Marlowe Posts: 3,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toddly Spoilers:

Next Wednesday - Elsewhere, when Todd receives a text from Billy, his face lights up. Eileen is immediately suspicious, wondering if he's got a new man in his life. Todd and Billy secretly arrange a day out to Formby, but agree that they need to work out how to break the news of their relationship to Sean.

Next Friday - An apologetic Billy tells Todd that they'll have to cancel their trip to Formby, as he's been left to run the community centre playgroup. As Billy surveys Aadi, Simon and Amy causing mayhem, he realises it's going to be a long day. He's delighted when Todd arrives offering to help out.

As Billy and Todd emerge from the community centre, Eileen wants to know what they've been doing. Painting on his best innocent face, Todd explains he was just helping the vicar with playgroup. Eileen is suspicious.

Later, Billy suggests to Todd they have a night on the town. As Billy and Todd wait in Tyrone's cab, they discuss their relationship and how much easier things will be when they go public. Unbeknown to them, a furious Eileen listens to every word over the cab radio.

Eileen angrily drags Todd and Billy out of Tyrone's taxi. The boys are horrified to realise she heard their conversation over the radio. Eileen rails at Todd, accusing him of destroying other people's relationships for the sake of it. Telling her how sorry he is, Todd heads off to find Billy.

Later, Sean arrives home from London bearing gifts for Eileen and Todd. Eileen feels terrible, knowing how hurt he'll be when he finds out about Todd and Billy. Todd confides in Eileen that he's never felt this way before and he reckons Billy is the one. Eileen softens, but insists he must tell Sean the truth and soon.

I'm glad for Todd - and for Billy - he will be saved the whines of that terrible stereotype Sean
  • McGillicuddyMcGillicuddy Posts: 1,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like this pairing and am looking forward to seeing how their relationship develops. They've got great chemistry together!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like this pairing and am looking forward to seeing how their relationship develops. They've got great chemistry together!

:):):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Todd/Bruno Interview:

How have things been going between Todd and Billy?

Todd hasn’t been in a relationship that he’s been really serious about for a really long time so this is quite strange for him. He genuinely really likes Billy and there’s been nothing in the way of that apart from the obvious - Sean.

Todd really cares about Sean as a friend and it has been playing on his mind that Sean is going to find out about him and Billy sooner or later. Todd has tried to persuade Billy that they should just get it out of the way and tell Sean so they can move on. But things keep cropping up and obstacles keep getting in the way so Billy keeps telling Todd they should wait until a better time. But all's fair in love and war!

It’s hard to define how Todd feels about Billy. We’ll see what happens between them, but I’m not sure what kind of relationships Todd had whilst he away in London. But this is definitely the first person he has been very serious about in a really long time, and we’ve seen Billy and Todd grow closer and closer as time has gone on. It would make sense for something to grow between them and develop. That desire for it to go well is definitely genuine.

Why have they decided to keep their romance a secret from Sean?

The thing is that Todd was anxious about getting together with Billy because of what he knew what it would do to Sean. Sean is like family to Todd and Todd has really started to see how important family is in recent months. He’s protective over not only Eileen and Jason but also those he perceives to be like family too - Sean, and Sarah in many ways too. So Todd knows that when Sean finds out the truth, it’ll be another example of Todd hurting his family again. But he knows that they have to tell him at some point.

Can you talk us through how Sean finds out that they are together?

Sean sees Todd and Billy being quite close and affectionate and I think he is probably harbouring some deep-rooted suspicions that maybe he isn’t even aware he has yet.

Then at Kylie’s funeral, Todd is like a dog with a bone because he’s adamant David killed Callum and he’s fuming that he let Tony take the rap for it, which caused Jason to leave Weatherfield. So Todd and David end up scrapping and then when Billy and Todd comforting each other, Sean sees the affection and love between them and puts two and two together.

‘Neither Todd nor Billy can lie and it’s written all over their faces.’

– Bruno Langley

What is his reaction?

It never goes well for Sean does it! He reacts the way most people would act. He goes through the stages...shock, anger, denial, depression. At first he’s affronted and then later he’s more angry with Eileen because he jumps to conclusions and thinks she was in on it and didn’t have his best interests at heart and maybe went behind his back. That really hurts Sean that he feels Eileen wasn’t on his side.

How are things at home after the truth comes out?

Sean feels completely betrayed by Todd and Eileen and says he can’t live under the same roof as Todd. Sean gives Eileen an ultimatum and says she needs to choose who she wants living with her. Eileen is in a predicament but at the end of the day Todd is her son and it dawns on Sean that he’s going to have to be the one to move out.

Eileen thinks, here Todd goes again, hurting people and him no longer being the person he once was. She knows he can cause trouble but at the same time Eileen is someone who believes in love so over time she probably will give Todd and Billy her blessing.
  • Andy_MarloweAndy_Marlowe Posts: 3,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Todd/Bruno Interview:

How have things been going between Todd and Billy?

Todd hasn’t been in a relationship that he’s been really serious about for a really long time so this is quite strange for him. He genuinely really likes Billy and there’s been nothing in the way of that apart from the obvious - Sean.

Todd really cares about Sean as a friend and it has been playing on his mind that Sean is going to find out about him and Billy sooner or later. Todd has tried to persuade Billy that they should just get it out of the way and tell Sean so they can move on. But things keep cropping up and obstacles keep getting in the way so Billy keeps telling Todd they should wait until a better time. But all's fair in love and war!

It’s hard to define how Todd feels about Billy. We’ll see what happens between them, but I’m not sure what kind of relationships Todd had whilst he away in London. But this is definitely the first person he has been very serious about in a really long time, and we’ve seen Billy and Todd grow closer and closer as time has gone on. It would make sense for something to grow between them and develop. That desire for it to go well is definitely genuine.

Why have they decided to keep their romance a secret from Sean?

The thing is that Todd was anxious about getting together with Billy because of what he knew what it would do to Sean. Sean is like family to Todd and Todd has really started to see how important family is in recent months. He’s protective over not only Eileen and Jason but also those he perceives to be like family too - Sean, and Sarah in many ways too. So Todd knows that when Sean finds out the truth, it’ll be another example of Todd hurting his family again. But he knows that they have to tell him at some point.

Can you talk us through how Sean finds out that they are together?

Sean sees Todd and Billy being quite close and affectionate and I think he is probably harbouring some deep-rooted suspicions that maybe he isn’t even aware he has yet.

Then at Kylie’s funeral, Todd is like a dog with a bone because he’s adamant David killed Callum and he’s fuming that he let Tony take the rap for it, which caused Jason to leave Weatherfield. So Todd and David end up scrapping and then when Billy and Todd comforting each other, Sean sees the affection and love between them and puts two and two together.

‘Neither Todd nor Billy can lie and it’s written all over their faces.’

– Bruno Langley

What is his reaction?

It never goes well for Sean does it! He reacts the way most people would act. He goes through the stages...shock, anger, denial, depression. At first he’s affronted and then later he’s more angry with Eileen because he jumps to conclusions and thinks she was in on it and didn’t have his best interests at heart and maybe went behind his back. That really hurts Sean that he feels Eileen wasn’t on his side.

How are things at home after the truth comes out?

Sean feels completely betrayed by Todd and Eileen and says he can’t live under the same roof as Todd. Sean gives Eileen an ultimatum and says she needs to choose who she wants living with her
    . Eileen is in a predicament but at the end of the day Todd is her son and it dawns on Sean that he’s going to have to be the one to move out.

Eileen thinks, here Todd goes again, hurting people and him no longer being the person he once was. She knows he can cause trouble but at the same time Eileen is someone who believes in love so over time she probably will give Todd and Billy her blessing.

Sean's overweening sense of entitlement never ceases to amaze me!

I am sure Todd is quite sincere in his feelings. I was always sorry he played Marcus about, as I would have liked Marcus to stay and Sean to go, but I hope Phelan doesn't get violent to Todd
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sean's overweening sense of entitlement never ceases to amaze me!

I am sure Todd is quite sincere in his feelings. I was always sorry he played Marcus about, as I would have liked Marcus to stay and Sean to go, but I hope Phelan doesn't get violent to Todd

BIB - I agree - it's just a shame about Todd's track record.

I agree about Sean - though I don't like Phelan, he does have a point when he accuses Sean of wallowing in self pity next week. On seeing Billy and Todd's closeness he should have asked Billy if he was falling for Todd and ended the relationship if he was, not assumed an affair and even when he discovers the truth, he could have been grateful that he wasn't cheated on. Being bitchy towards Todd at the breakfast table is not the answer.

Mind you, even if Sean was more generous in his way of dealing with things it's still no guarantee things will work out. I once fell for a best friend - I told her, she said she only wanted friendship and I dropped it but tried to be a good friend to her. When she dated someone else I told her he was the luckiest guy in the world and I would always be her best friend. Later on I had other romantic relationships but when I gave her a shoulder to cry on over her break up a few years later at a time when I was single, I found myself falling for her again but just said I would always be her best friend and that she would perhaps find other friends who would be able to help her through it and she ended our friendship a few months later anyway saying it was more about my emotional needs over hers though I was so sure I'd put her needs before my own. She said that she didn't owe me anything (I never realised she thought that. I was just keeping my passion under control out of respect for her wishes and for the sake of our friendship) I still miss our friendship sometimes even though I kept my promise not to contact her. :(
    Forum Member
    Friday's 'Toddly' (:D ) scenes were great!!
    Warming to them as a couple!!
    Forum Member
    BIB - I agree - it's just a shame about Todd's track record.

I agree about Sean - though I don't like Phelan, he does have a point when he accuses Sean of wallowing in self pity next week. On seeing Billy and Todd's closeness he should have asked Billy if he was falling for Todd and ended the relationship if he was, not assumed an affair and even when he discovers the truth, he could have been grateful that he wasn't cheated on. Being bitchy towards Todd at the breakfast table is not the answer.

Mind you, even if Sean was more generous in his way of dealing with things it's still no guarantee things will work out. I once fell for a best friend - I told her, she said she only wanted friendship and I dropped it but tried to be a good friend to her. When she dated someone else I told her he was the luckiest guy in the world and I would always be her best friend. Later on I had other romantic relationships but when I gave her a shoulder to cry on over her break up a few years later at a time when I was single, I found myself falling for her again but just said I would always be her best friend and that she would perhaps find other friends who would be able to help her through it and she ended our friendship a few months later anyway saying it was more about my emotional needs over hers though I was so sure I'd put her needs before my own. She said that she didn't owe me anything (I never realised she thought that. I was just keeping my passion under control out of respect for her wishes and for the sake of our friendship) I still miss our friendship sometimes even though I kept my promise not to contact her. :(

Aw, that's a sad but not altogether unfamiliar story!!
    I was always a 'best mate' figure for girls when I was younger & there were a couple who I would dearly love to have taken it further but knew I really was never in with a chance!! It's hard watching other guys treat them badly & 'being there' when breakups happen, yet still pretending you are just a friend!!
    It was worth it in general though because my friendships with both girls were very lovely & very rewarding 90% of the time!!
    Inevitably both eventually settled down with families & I found a 'soul mate' too, so we rarely see each other now, but when we do the friendship is still there, so are the feelings, but obviously much easier to handle now!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aw, that's a sad but not altogether unfamiliar story!!
    I was always a 'best mate' figure for girls when I was younger & there were a couple who I would dearly love to have taken it further but knew I really was never in with a chance!! It's hard watching other guys treat them badly & 'being there' when breakups happen, yet still pretending you are just a friend!!
    It was worth it in general though because my friendships with both girls were very lovely & very rewarding 90% of the time!!
    Inevitably both eventually settled down with families & I found a 'soul mate' too, so we rarely see each other now, but when we do the friendship is still there, so are the feelings, but obviously much easier to handle now!!

I'm glad it worked out for you in the sense that effectively you were able to keep both friendships but you just drifted apart over time rather than an abrupt ending - BIB - that is what I hoped would happen that we would both find someone else and stay best friends but sadly.....I usually like to learn from the past but in this instance I don't think I could have done anything differently.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Friday's 'Toddly' (:D ) scenes were great!!
    Warming to them as a couple!!

I loved the cab kiss - hated Eileen yelling at them though. :(

Can't wait until tonight. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Monday's scenes though I am saddened that Todd will now have to keep the truth about Callum's murder secret from Billy. While a part of me is sorry that Sean found out the way he did, he did end up acting like a drama queen and making it all about himself. It wasn't about him doing anything wong but more about Billy's feelings changing and at least Billy and Todd didn't cheat, though mind you Todd could offer to stay at Billy's to give Sean space.
  • haggy-mehaggy-me Posts: 1,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love them!
    They are adorable - great chemistry and Todd is by far my favourite Corrie character right now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here :)

Welcome to the thread and thanks for joining. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here :)

Welcome to the thread and thanks for joining. :)

Thanks! :)
    Hope we get some good Tilly/Toddly scenes tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too :)
  • McGillicuddyMcGillicuddy Posts: 1,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So
    Todd and Billy are moving in together

Thoughts? Bit fast for my liking.

Source
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So
    Todd and Billy are moving in together

Thoughts? Bit fast for my liking.

Source

I saw this last night. I'm wondering if
    it's a case of Todd just turning up at the vicarage after an argument with Eileen and/or Pat.
    Also there's talk of
    Sean wanting revenge and that it's not going to be plain sailing for Todd and Billy. :(
    I really hope things work out because I'm way too emotionally invested in this pairing.:blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Todd & Billy spoilers/pics here at itv.com