UKIP leader Nuttall, the Hillsborough liar

AdsAds Posts: 37,057
Forum Member

Comments

• smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Come on, how could an ex professional footballer with a PhD, who lives in a house without furniture, tell lies?
  • BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,584
    Forum Member
    If that's true he is toast.
    There's lies and then there are despicable cowardly grabs at the graves of the 96 to further his grubby career.
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ads wrote: »

How has this guy ever got near a leadership role.
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    kidspud wrote: »

I assume they all had a fight behind closed doors and he was the last man standing.
    Forum Member

It's UKIP
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    BanglaRoad wrote: »
    If that's true he is toast.
    There's lies and then there are despicable cowardly grabs at the graves of the 96 to further his grubby career.

He's only toast if the people likely to vote for him read the Guardian (unlikely) or one of the tabloids they do read picks it up. Assuming they can read, of course. Perhaps Farage will come to his rescue? UKIP voters seem to believe anything he says, no matter how fantastical.
  • Cheetah666Cheetah666 Posts: 16,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

UKIP are just showing their post modern sense of humour by having a leader that looks exactly like Hitler.

(Eddie Hitler).
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,057
    Forum Member
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    He's only toast if the people likely to vote for him read the Guardian (unlikely) or one of the tabloids they do read picks it up. Assuming they can read, of course. Perhaps Farage will come to his rescue? UKIP voters seem to believe anything he says, no matter how fantastical.

The Mail will certainly run with it, they are 100% behind May and bulldoze anyone in her way.

The Sun has just been banned from Liverpool FC, so I have no idea whether they will focus on this or not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mail will certainly run with it, they are 100% behind May and bulldoze anyone in her way.

The Sun has just been banned from Liverpool FC, so I have no idea whether they will focus on this or not.

They might, in the hope that it would restore their lost sales in Liverpool.
  • MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Them and the Dr on a pro save the NHS vote are going to kill a good few trees, i'm spending some time looking after my mum and thus I get to read some of this clap trap that comes through the door and even knocks on it.

There was 3 different groups turning up last Sunday, told then I was from another electoral area and just looking after my mums property while she's spending the next few months visiting family in Australia (but sitting on the sofa out of sight) and thus won't be able to vote anyway.
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is the accusation that because he didn't ever speak of Hillsborough when he was twelve and older that he couldn't possibly have been there? even though his father and friend both say he was there and with them at the time?
  • LongshotLongshot Posts: 5,860
    Forum Member
    Great article by The Guardian which knows how to take these people down in style. I like their little dig at the Sunday Express when they called it, "the Ukip-supporting Sunday Express".

The guy seems to be a pathological liar but he's the leader of a party of liars, cheats, thugs and racists so he's right where he should be. This may be a distasteful lie that won't play well with the working class voters but it's the election fraud lie that could potentially get him convicted if proven.
  • LongshotLongshot Posts: 5,860
    Forum Member

It won't make an ounce of difference, in fact they will just look like hypocrites for criticising someone for lying about Hillsborough. If more people followed the people of Liverpool's stand against the Sun, the country would be a better place.
  • Mr Oleo StrutMr Oleo Strut Posts: 15,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Longshot wrote: »
    Great article by The Guardian which know how to take these people down in style. I like their little dig at the Sunday Express when they called it, "the Ukip-supporting Sunday Express".

The guy seems to be a pathological liar but he's the leader of a party of liars, cheats, thugs and racists so he's right where he should be. This may be a distasteful lie that won't play well with the working class voters but it's the election fraud lie that could potentially get him convicted if it's proven.

I quite agree. I do not support UKIP but think they deserve better leadership than they have got. Nuttall is arguably worse than the revolting Farage.
    Forum Member
    cobis wrote: »
    is the accusation that because he didn't ever speak of Hillsborough when he was twelve and older that he couldn't possibly have been there? even though his father and friend both say he was there and with them at the time?

He has a history of telling lies.
    It is very surprising that as an alleged survivor he has not done anything with the various campaigns.
    His school teacher says that Nuttall wasn't identified as having been there.
    Perhaps the professor who has done so much work on Hillsborough will be able to give details as he has managed to identify virtually everyone who was there, including times when they arrived and entered the ground and their location on the terrace or the tunnel.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's UKIP

They're not a political party, it's effectively just a single issue protest group. I wouldn't call any of its members "politicians", not even Farage.
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    They're not a political party, it's effectively just a single issue protest group. I wouldn't call any of its members "politicians", not even Farage.

Not being a "politician" is a big selling point for some.
    Partly why Trump got elected.
  • cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He has a history of telling lies.
    It is very surprising that as an alleged survivor he has not done anything with the various campaigns.
    His school teacher says that Nuttall wasn't identified as having been there.
    Perhaps the professor who has done so much work on Hillsborough will be able to give details as he has managed to identify virtually everyone who was there, including times when they arrived and entered the ground and their location on the terrace or the tunnel.

he actually said this:

One of his former teachers, a Roman Catholic priest, has told the Guardian that the school had believed it was aware of the identities of every boy who had been at Hillsborough, in order to help them through a difficult period, and that Nuttall was not among them

now presumably the school asked those who were there to reach out if they needed support, if Paul Nuttall as a twelve year old was so traumatised and distressed about what he had experienced that he didn't ever speak about it then the school would be unaware that he was there

I don't know if he is lying or not, but I don't see how the fact that he did not speak about it much until he was an adult is proof that he wasn't there, especially when you have his father and friend saying he was
  • DotheboyshallDotheboyshall Posts: 40,583
    Forum Member
    Longshot wrote: »
    The guy seems to be a pathological liar but he's the leader of a party of liars, cheats, thugs and racists so he's right where he should be. This may be a distasteful lie that won't play well with the working class voters but it's the election fraud lie that could potentially get him convicted if proven.
    Most of that could apply to trump.
    Forum Member
    he actually said this:

One of his former teachers, a Roman Catholic priest, has told the Guardian that the school had believed it was aware of the identities of every boy who had been at Hillsborough, in order to help them through a difficult period, and that Nuttall was not among them

now presumably the school asked those who were there to reach out if they needed support, if Paul Nuttall as a twelve year old was so traumatised and distressed about what he had experienced that he didn't ever speak about it then the school would be unaware that he was there

I don't know if he is lying or not, but I don't see how the fact that he did not speak about it much until he was an adult is proof that he wasn't there, especially when you have his father and friend saying he was

That's one way of looking at it of course.............
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not being a "politician" is a big selling point for some.
    Partly why Trump got elected.

Marine Le Pen and the FN would also come into this category. People might be surprised to hear she is not a French MP and never has been one and that they have only two MPs in parliament.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he actually said this:

Fair point, but its a legitimate question to ask if he's given a statement to the police. They've publically called for anyone there that day to give witness statements, so as someone who is running for public office, he should tell us whether he's done his civic duty.
  • RRLRRL Posts: 1,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's one way of looking at it of course.............

Yeah lets believe a Roman Catholic priest its not as if one of them ever did anything wrong.

This snear and smear tactic is surprising easy isn't it !
  • worzilworzil Posts: 4,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheetah666 wrote: »
    They might, in the hope that it would restore their lost sales in Liverpool.

Yes selling papers while killing off political opponents is par for the course .
    I dont know if he was there or not but neither does the media but they still print the story.
    Take about made up news.
    Forum Member
    RRL wrote: »
    Yeah lets believe a Roman Catholic priest its not as if one of them ever did anything wrong.

This snear and smear tactic is surprising easy isn't it !

Didn't actually say I believed what the teacher said did I?
    For your point to have any legitimacy then you would need to give examples of this individual telling lies.
    Whereas #2 of this thread gives examples of Nuttall telling porkies.
    There is an awful lot of information out there concerning who was and wasn't at Hillsborough that day.Time will tell.......