Tories fear blood on the streets in next few years

2»

Comments

• Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lee Cool wrote: »
    I often wonder why young people born after the mid 80's don't rise up given that there is little hope of most people born after 1985 ever owning a home in London or the South East.

Re what some other people have said, I too really hope the Tories come unstuck, their support will soon drop if/when inflation rises, unemployment rises post brexit.

Rising up and destroying everything seems a really sensible idea :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    MariesamMariesam Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Rising up and destroying everything seems a really sensible idea :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Unfortunately that's where left wing politics is at the minute, you don't get the Bevans and Benns at the moment the 'big thinkers' (whether you agree with them or not), the left have now resorted to protest politics (and some cases nastiness, just look at the recent Labour leadership election, even against their own side) not coming forward with ideas which would be interesting to listen to and debate on, and perhaps change peoples minds, which is such a shame.

Just look to some of the posts on this topic and judge for yourself.
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »

Won't happen. These keyboard warriors can't even make it down to a polling station. Rising up out of bed is quite enough for some.
  • Options
    Billy NomatesBilly Nomates Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    scowie wrote: »
    ...as long as it's Tory blood ;)
    Hopefully it'll be Tory blood.

I hope you don't mind if I wish you and your families a slow agonising death then? Especially your kids. Fair's fair and all that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And I'm not even a Tory!
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry about it. Just remember the amount of rain we get here.
  • Options
    scowiescowie Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    I hope you don't mind if I wish you and your families a slow agonising death then? Especially your kids. Fair's fair and all that.

Why would you do that? What is our crime? Trash talking on the internet? Hardly comparable to causing the premature deaths of 30,000 people in 2015 is it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why would you do that? What is our crime? Trash talking on the internet? Hardly comparable to causing the premature deaths of 30,000 people in 2015 is it?

I don't accept your premise.

You wish ill, I wish ill. Fair do's, no?
  • Options
    cashashcashash Posts: 889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tories fear blood on the streets in next few years

Cant see it - if something does kick off they will simply splash a few more Billion around. Its always worked before.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Javed wrote: »

Pretty silly - the only people intending to go onto the streets, and to try and overthrow the government in the next few years, are a few on the hard left and a few bosses of the more militant unions.

Its difficult to see extreme remainers who haven't got over defeat, or the sick , marching to overthrow anything.

Business rates, school funding redistribution, and NHS cuts are all looming problems - that are going to need some money thrown at them. That going to be difficult, because the basic realit,y is that, ever increasing, welfare, health and pensions spending, is eating up all growth, a record tax bill, and other department's budgets . But it should be possible to find some more money, cancel most of the more politically unsaleable cuts, and to paper over the cracks a bit more when the EU savings , smaller as they will be. come in.
  • Options
    Forum Member

No. Some people are deserving of punishment, like serial killers for example, if only so that they can't continue their killing spree. Do you not agree?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No. Some people are deserving of punishment, like serial killers for example, if only so that they can't continue their killing spree. Do you not agree?

What has that got to do with your post above?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It has everything to do with the thread of our delightful conversation so far so I don't see the logic in picking out only my last and first replies here.
  • Options
    RichievillaRichievilla Posts: 6,179
    Forum Member
    I condemn any behaviour that is likely to lead to physical harm to others, whether that is by people rioting or by government policies. Sadly too many people seem to be accepting of one or the other of the above if it fits their agenda.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You said:

I said:

You said:

I said:

You said:

I said:

Now you say this:
    It has everything to do with the thread of our delightful conversation so far so I don't see the logic in picking out only my last and first replies here.

You don't seem to follow your own conversation.
  • Options
    Union JockUnion Jock Posts: 7,262
    Forum Member

Who's 'Tory blood' on the street were you wanting and for what?