Options

Software update + Anytime Problems (merged)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Hi,
    Same problem here on my Samsung box-pressed the red anytime and the whole thing froze.A reboot got the planner working but pressing anytime just causes a freeze and reboot required:mad:
  • Options
    john24ajohn24a Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Same problem here. I disabled and re-enabled Anytime and it now allows me in to the empty program list without crashing. No help if you have programs in Anytime you wanted to watch.
  • Options
    Tom123Tom123 Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know what happens with programmes you have transferred from Anytime into the planner section? Transferred "The Taking of Pelham 1,2,3". It's still in the planner after the "big Anytime switch-off". Don't really dare to attempt play back...
  • Options
    dohboydohboy Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    CJClarke wrote: »
    Yeah, supposedly they've said it's a fault with the software, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's Anytime+ related. If there's any Anytime+ software on the HDD it's been lying dormant doing nothing since the last update, i just don't see why it would suddenly mess things up if it's not even active. If there'd been an update in the last 24 hours related to Anytime+ then maybe it would be the culprit, but since there wasn't an update i fail to see why it would randomly be the Anytime+ software that caused the problem.

It just seems to me that people are being overly quick to jump to conclusions.

You're right, it's probably sunspots causing it.

But seriously though, what's more probable? Each poster in this thread has corrupted Anytime programmes that cause the exact same problem to occur in all our boxes but they are completely unrelated? Or Sky screwed something up?

see http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1354042 #14
  • Options
    battlezonebattlezone Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got in from work and turned box on. As soon as I pressed the red button for Anytime it crashed. Waiting for it to reboot then I'm switching Anytime off til Sky get their finger out and fix this shambles.
  • Options
    john24ajohn24a Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    john24a wrote: »
    Same problem here. I disabled and re-enabled Anytime and it now allows me in to the empty program list without crashing. No help if you have programs in Anytime you wanted to watch.

And then it crashed when I looked again 30 minutes later...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Same for me, another thread http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=44201465&posted=1#post44201465
    also reports the same....
    I posted this...Yeah, me too!!
    came to watch a film this morning and pressing anytime crashed the system.
    Did it again twice thinking it was just me!!
    Did a planner rebuild, no effect
    Did a forced system udgate (power on holding backup button) no effect still crashed.....
    Obviously something from Sky end as everything else works.
    Any ideas?

Looks like we are all in the same boat.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Same problem here

Sky HD
    PACE
    EPG Software Version sk+9.10.13a
    :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    WHY do they do this at the weekend???
    I pay a lot of cash as do we all for this service, then they screw it up on a miserable weekend, when all we want to do is chill.
    Why is this not done on a week day when there is staffing to deal with problems.
    This gets me so cross.:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Same here with my Amstrad 1tb box. Press red and my box goes into update mode with the screen "Updating system software" Only started happening this morning (Sunday 19th)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Just to add myself to the ever-growing list of frustrated subscribers.

Mine too, Samsung box which I have only had for a few months.

*screams and leaves the room for a cuppa, a cig and a calm down*
  • Options
    JEFF62JEFF62 Posts: 5,102
    Forum Member
    Yes same here. Mine went into standby just becasuse I tried to change channel.
  • Options
    cjgperscjgpers Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least Sky could have the common sense to update their service status page with this MAJOR PROBLEM. Under Sky TV, it says "There are currently no issues affecting this service."

Sky Service Status
    http://pulse.sky.com/

"Real-time information about our services is provided by the same team of experts that you speak to when you ring Sky Customer Services. If we do experience a service outage, we may receive a higher number of calls than usual, so to save you waiting we're providing our online service updates."
  • Options
    CTD101CTD101 Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have 2 hd boxes at home. 1 is a samsung pvr4 with the anytime+ system on test, the other is an amstrad pvr5 without the anytime plus software (9.13.10a off the top of my head). Now the only issue I've had with the anytime+ system is 2 corrupted downloads. Speaking to others on the trial the only major issues seem to be corrupted downloads, but there have been instances where 1 or 2 have complained of slow responsiveness and having to reboot occasionally. Currently my boxes are both behaving normally and both have anytime enabled. As of yet I haven't had any calls off recent customers with regards to this but am on hold to technical to find out what the issue is. If I get any sort of response I will post here
  • Options
    abueloeddieabueloeddie Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Re: Anytime problems Due to an austerity programme ( self imposed (!), I rarely venture into what I regard as a veritable rubbish bin of programmes that is Anytime.

I cancelled my Movies and the Sports Subs. citing garbage content for both ( I'm not a sports fan) and have since saved myself £16 per month. It's only the absolute convenience of Live pause and instant recordings which keeps me as a subscriber to the rest of the service.
  • Options
    Marti SMarti S Posts: 5,789
    Forum Member
    Out of interest, of those that turned anytime off then back on again. Did the box download more anytime content over night and is it viewable? I am thinking this might be a quicker way to resolve the problem than waiting for sky.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Hi All!

Sky+ HD
    Amstrad
    EPG Software Version sk+9.10.13a

First had the problem last night (22.35), box froze on fast forward/rewind on 'live TV'. Did a cold reboot and thought that had sorted it,.. until I went to 'Anytime' this morning and the system crashes totally!

Have manged to disable Anytime (8.00) and all O.K so far!

I agree that a corrupted Anytime programme or programmes may becausing this.

Disgusted in the lack of official/public response from Sky,..
    :mad:

Quick to take your money and increase your subscriptions..
    but when we have a techinical issue, you have to rely on wonderful sites and people like yourselves,.. because phoning them is a waste of time and money!!

Watching with interest!!:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    I have three Sky+ HD boxes at home (two multiroom) and two of these have the Anytime problem.

The third does not. The one which still works OK is the one where I upgraded the hard drive three days ago. I didn't use copy+ (so the upgrade is only to a 500gb drive), but it works fine and the Anytime programmes have started to repopulate. I have about a dozen in the planner.

All three boxes have had the latest firmware update. This update was introduced, I understand, to implement the broadband Anytime feature (only available to those with Sky broadband). However, I wonder if this update somehow changed the way the box indexes recordings - so that recordings made before the update are interfering with those made subsequently.

The reason I suggest this is that people who have tried to use Copy+ to upgrade their drives have also been having problems since the update, often losing recordings made after the firmware change. Copy+ users have found that the utility often cannot 'see' the source disk and if recovery t9ools are used, recent programmes are inaccessible.

Anyway, the point is that I can confirm that Anytime appears to work if you only have new programmes on it.

I have disabled Anytime on the two other boxes - and re-enabled (this just clears the programme cache) and both boxes seem stable and now do not crash when the Anytime button is pressed (although all the recordings from Anytime have gone, obviously). i would bet the any new programmes will work fine, once they start to appear again.
  • Options
    grilligrilli Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so it wasnt just me then? lol
    thought it was my box that was the problem. first started yesterday afternoon, tried changing channels from sky sports 2 to SSNHD, froze with channel numbers still on screen and rugby in background. reboot sorted it out then was recording walk on wild side for kids and went in to planner to watch something else while it recorded, started seeing things on list i had deleted the day before with no option to play them, then pressed red to go to anytime, scrolled through and found that all the things i'd deleted off planner were on the end of the anytime list listed as last chance to watch but again no option to watch them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I have a brand new Amstrad DRX890

My Anytime was playing up this morning as well. When I pressed Anytime the box was going in to Sky + HD boot screen, then was turning off.

I have now switched off Anytime and every thing is now working fine. None of my recordings have been affected.

Dave
  • Options
    grilligrilli Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so it wasnt just me then? lol
    thought it was my box that was the problem. first started yesterday afternoon, tried changing channels from sky sports 2 to SSNHD, froze with channel numbers still on screen and rugby in background. reboot sorted it out then was recording walk on wild side for kids and went in to planner to watch something else while it recorded, started seeing things on list i had deleted the day before with no option to play them, then pressed red to go to anytime, scrolled through and found that all the things i'd deleted off planner were on the end of the anytime list listed as last chance to watch but again no option to watch them. i hope its sorted before the footy later
  • Options
    FOO FIGHTERFOO FIGHTER Posts: 436
    Forum Member
    Looks like my planners working i can pause/fast forward now but hitting anytime will crash the box straight away and reboot it now.

Not sure if thats progress or not
  • Options
    tricky22tricky22 Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And here on a Samsung box
  • Options
    Marti SMarti S Posts: 5,789
    Forum Member
    JamesM wrote: »
    I have three Sky+ HD boxes at home (two multiroom) and two of these have the Anytime problem.

The third does not. The one which still works OK is the one where I upgraded the hard drive three days ago. I didn't use copy+ (so the upgrade is only to a 500gb drive), but it works fine and the Anytime programmes have started to repopulate. I have about a dozen in the planner.

All three boxes have had the latest firmware update. This update was introduced, I understand, to implement the broadband Anytime feature (only available to those with Sky broadband). However, I wonder if this update somehow changed the way the box indexes recordings - so that recordings made before the update are interfering with those made subsequently.

The reason I suggest this is that people who have tried to use Copy+ to upgrade their drives have also been having problems since the update, often losing recordings made after the firmware change. Copy+ users have found that the utility often cannot 'see' the source disk and if recovery t9ools are used, recent programmes are inaccessible.

Anyway, the point is that I can confirm that Anytime appears to work if you only have new programmes on it.

I have disabled Anytime on the two other boxes - and re-enabled (this just clears the programme cache) and both boxes seem stable and now do not crash when the Anytime button is pressed (although all the recordings from Anytime have gone, obviously). i would bet the any new programmes will work fine, once they start to appear again.

Thanks for the info, may just turn anytime off and on again and forget about waiting for sky to fix it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    argh....!! is this going to be fixed?

Just noticed this morning when trying to access Anytime. Not going to try and access it again.. I can't see an option to disable anytime, please can anyone help?

I have a Sky+ HD box, only got it on Friday?!