In It To Win It | Saturday 5th January | 8.25pm | BBC 1

1707172737476»

Comments

• PigsMightFlyPigsMightFly Posts: 15,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am half Finnish and I know the Finnish flag is blue and white. No red in it whatsoever. Terrible mistake by research team
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_Finland_%28state%29.svg

Not sure if that helps, but its not red on the normal flag.
  • EPYEPY Posts: 6,396
    Forum Member
    Finland is trending on Twitter... we aren't the only ones confused. :p
  • HeadancerHeadancer Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    sorry The Finnish Flag was amended in the eighties it has a shield in the middle of the cross !

I thought the same BUT they are correct JUST !

But Wait , maybe NOT

......is it a bit of Wickedness from Wikipedia?:)

The "OFFICIAL FLAG" has not a jot of red !

That said they spelt Bill Sykes wrong ! Bill Sikes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The National Flag of Finland is white and blue. That's all.

There are also State and Ceremonial Flags with other colours in the Coats of Arms, including red, but they are not THE National Flag.

It's a case of poor, or perhaps no, research, that's it.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Headancer wrote: »
    That said they spelt Bill Sykes wrong ! Bill Sikes

No, you spelt Bill Sikes wrong.
  • culttvfanculttvfan Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wtf has Who Dares Wins got to do with In It To Win It? If you want to talk about it start a new thread or find a more relevant one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    KylieM3 wrote: »
    Hi!

My name is Kylie and on 9th March I appeared on In It To Win It!

I happened to stumble across this forum and to say the least I am shocked at how narrow minded some of you are! Some of your comments are nice and I am grateful for those, but as for the comments regarding the size of my neck and referring to me as someone from Star Trek, I think you should take a step back and think about things.

I have got a thyroid condition called Hashimotoes Disease which means that my thyroid doesn't actually work at all and I have to take tablets to replace the hormone needed called thyroxine. I am aware of the goiter in my neck and unfortunately unless I choose to have this removed, which involves many complications two of which being, destroying your voice box and giving you a calcium deficiency - at this moment in my life I have decided against it, as it doesn't bother me or anyone else that I know!

I may not be the cleverest person in the world, but I did manage to bag myself £16,666! When you are under that amount of pressure, your mind goes blank and you think of anything that might help you find that answer.

My boyfriend is also the nicest person you could ever meet, he has changed my life for the better - you can't judge a book by it's cover, just because he is larger (he's a rugby player) and just because he has one tattoo on his arm which he admits was a mistake when he was 18 years old should not class him as a thug or someone from crimewatch. Until I met Daniel I was going through some really difficult times and he showed me that life was worth it!

Anyway - I just felt I should be able to voice my opinion as you all voiced yours!

I am now off to enjoy my win! :)

Well done on your win Kylie! I have filmed an episode from this series which hasn't been broadcasted yet so can I ask how much notice, if any, did you get that your episode was to be shown?

Also - a question for everyone - does anyone know if IITWI returns after Eurovision? :)
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 145,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bump for tonight's show ;) (last in series)
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Bump for tonight's show ;) (last in series)

I'll be here!
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 145,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be here!

Oops, I bumped the wrong thread :o:o
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Oops, I bumped the wrong thread :o:o

What should it be?