Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 2)

Comments

• Flabby_GutFlabby_Gut Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    kimindex wrote: »
    Yes, indeed. There was bound to be a reaction. I never understand why some people give the person who started it the benefit and completely slate the person who reacted to it.

And it's always odd when someone can make bitchy comments like Richard and act astonished when he gets it back. (Although it is probably best to try and rise above it than indulge in tit for tat).

I agree completely. Richard definitely started it and like you say, couldn't take any criticism himself. I disliked him from day one as a smug self satisfied git - and I was right so I feel like a smug self satisfied git!

If he actually owned the B&B he managed I might of taken him more seriously. But he doesn't - he works for Lord Guiness or whatever he's called.

I'd be embarrassed if a chauvinist and stupid plank was representing my product on TV!

He reminded me of a typical daytime local radio DJ. Loves the sound of his own voice, is always right and thinks he is 100 X funnier than he actually is.

Although he has probably risen to his greatest heights. That or a Whetherspoon's manager, which is basically what he was.
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flabby_Gut wrote: »
    I agree completely. Richard definitely started it and like you say, couldn't take any criticism himself. I disliked him from day one as a smug self satisfied git - and I was right so I feel like a smug self satisfied git!

If he actually owned the B&B he managed I might of taken him more seriously. But he doesn't - he works for Lord Guiness or whatever he's called.

I'd be embarrassed if a chauvinist and stupid plank was representing my product on TV!

He reminded me of a typical daytime local radio DJ. Loves the sound of his own voice, is always right and thinks he is 100 X funnier than he actually is.

Although he has probably risen to his greatest heights. That or a Whetherspoon's manager, which is basically what he was.

And do you know what they earn :D

Starting wage is £37 grand. Wish we earned that when we were managing a pub.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    She took it too far but Richard was the instigator. :D:D:D:D

The least that could be expected is for it to be seen that they were both as bad as each other - him with his initial rudeness, meanness and obvious game plan and she for over-reacting. Making her more at fault is slightly suspect, IMO..

I agree to a point. Her childishness in response to him just pipped his at the post, for me.Two wrongs will never make a right. A more mature person ,or even someone with a sense of humour would have laughed at his derogatory remarks, making him look silly. Resorting to worse behaviour is not the answer.. They have both succeeded, IMO, in making their establishments totally unappealing. What do they think they're doing to their careers, behaving so badly?
  • Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,105
    Forum Member
    Right, I have just caught up on 4oD with last week's episodes as I didn't know until this morning that a new series had started.

I haven't read any of the previous comments but I just had to say something about Sharon at the Victorian Villa B & B because I am furious with her.

WHAT A VINDICTIVE SPITEFUL PERSON SHE IS!! And I don't know if she's been on here but I hope so and hope she reads my comments. What she did to Richard's place was absolutely disgraceful and I'm surprised none of the other contestants said anything to her on the last day.

All that rubbish about allergies! And she openly admitted on the first day that her cat sleeps in her room!

I for one wouldn't want to stay in her creepy place, I totally agree with Richard, it was like a funeral parlour. She isn't the pleasant person she would have everyone believe.

Anyway, that's my fivepenn'orth; the Cambridge place seemed very good value for money. But I am disgusted that Richard's Elveden Inn came last, to me it was the very best out of the four. So much so that I shall be booking in there for a weekend away and I shall take great delight in telling Richard what I think.
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The tirade that Sharon left a Tripadviser reviewer has gone, I wonder if she took it down? Maybe she has been reading this ;)
  • ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... So much so that I shall be booking in there for a weekend away and I shall take great delight in telling Richard what I think.

:eek: Nooooo!!!! You'll have to drive on that very dangerous road!! Even if, by some miracle, you make it there alive, you'll still be at risk from the deadly shower door and noxious pet fumes! Its just not worth it for a non-sunny side up sunny side up egg! Please, please rethink this rash action!
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »
    The tirade that Sharon left a Tripadviser reviewer has gone, I wonder if she took it down? Maybe she has been reading this ;)

I didn't think you could remove a Tripadvisor comment once you posed it?
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was the reply to a comment someone had left, it was on the average rating and she really went to town, but it seems to have gone :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was the reply to a comment someone had left, it was on the average rating and she really went to town, but it seems to have gone :confused:

How strange.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes I read that and it's now vanished LOL
    Forum Member
    Shrike wrote: »
    :eek: Nooooo!!!! You'll have to drive on that very dangerous road!! Even if, by some miracle, you make it there alive, you'll still be at risk from the deadly shower door and noxious pet fumes! Its just not worth it for a non-sunny side up sunny side up egg! Please, please rethink this rash action!

:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    By the way, I've just been on Elveden Inn's website, this is taken from it:

"Latest News - We are pleased to announce that at the AA Hospitality Awards on 23rd September, we were awarded with 'England Pub of the Year 2013-2014' ! We would like to thank all our guests and supporters for their kind words. And hope to see some of you all soon!"

Not bad for a place that came 4th - shove that where the sun don't shine, Sharon!!
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sharon didn't take criticism very well .... but Richard was not that far behind. :D I enjoyed this weeks eps, but do wish they'd drop the tedious 'activities'
  • stefthepeststefthepest Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, I have just caught up on 4oD with last week's episodes as I didn't know until this morning that a new series had started.

I haven't read any of the previous comments but I just had to say something about Sharon at the Victorian Villa B & B because I am furious with her.

WHAT A VINDICTIVE SPITEFUL PERSON SHE IS!! And I don't know if she's been on here but I hope so and hope she reads my comments. What she did to Richard's place was absolutely disgraceful and I'm surprised none of the other contestants said anything to her on the last day.

All that rubbish about allergies! And she openly admitted on the first day that her cat sleeps in her room!

I for one wouldn't want to stay in her creepy place, I totally agree with Richard, it was like a funeral parlour. She isn't the pleasant person she would have everyone believe.

Anyway, that's my fivepenn'orth; the Cambridge place seemed very good value for money. But I am disgusted that Richard's Elveden Inn came last, to me it was the very best out of the four. So much so that I shall be booking in there for a weekend away and I shall take great delight in telling Richard what I think.

Great post totally agree. I mean I was upset how Sharon behaved so lord knows how richard felt. Sharon is a nasty piece of work and her unspeaking friend not much better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jazzyjazzy wrote: »
    Going back to the very first 4IAB were all the comments kept secret until the final day - I don't seem to remember all this nastiness when it began - although it all adds to it, we would not be commenting about it if it was boring. Maybe they have just altered it quite a bit along the way.

I can't remember re the first series but watched an old episode yesterday which had the cherry tree house hotel in Blackpool, another "lovely" couple especially the drag artist.

Friction does make for more entertainment but you do make a mental note of which hotel/B&B to avoid after such goings on.

Does anyone remember the lady who wouldn't even stay the night because of a dirty mattress?
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Sharon didn't take criticism very well .... but Richard was not that far behind. :D I enjoyed this weeks eps, but do wish they'd drop the tedious 'activities'

Au contraire!

Richard took the criticism aimed at his establishment by the others very well - and even tried to reason with the demented harpy.

Of the four places last week, I would have had the Elveden inn at the top of my list (it's boring and bland, but clean and comfy and with a good breakfast) - it offers a reasonable standard of accommodation, at a very reasonable price. Unlike Sharon's gothic horror which was overdone and very overpriced considering the actual facilities she had on offer.

I would happily have paid full price (actually more for Ayah Villa as it was too cheap) for all of the establishments apart from hers. She should have been last, and would have been had she paid a reasonable amount for her room at the Elveden.... She was just too busy retaliating for what she saw as an insult.

I don't think she will have done her business any favours by appearing on the show - the lack of ensuites will put most travellers off these days - and she came across as a complete loony. Richard on the other hand will probably go from strength to strength.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes you can - you can report things to TA and they will look at it to make a decision. There is a box which says - problems with this review which you can click on.
    Friend had 2 very bad reports about their restaurant and after complaining to TA was found to be malicious - these are usually from first time reviewers.
    More than likely she asked them to take it down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't remember re the first series but watched an old episode yesterday which had the cherry tree house hotel in Blackpool, another "lovely" couple especially the drag artist.

Friction does make for more entertainment but you do make a mental note of which hotel/B&B to avoid after such goings on.

Does anyone remember the lady who wouldn't even stay the night because of a dirty mattress?

I saw that one yesterday and did not like the drag artist after the first day - he had an agenda and a £50 a night place - notice these usually win unless they are really bad.
    The "dirty mattress" lady was on last week-end.
    i really must get a life instead of watch re-runs of 4 in a bed but I have not seen them before :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jazzyjazzy wrote: »
    I saw that one yesterday and did not like the drag artist after the first day - he had an agenda and a £50 a night place - notice these usually win unless they are really bad.
    The "dirty mattress" lady was on last week-end.
    i really must get a life instead of watch re-runs of 4 in a bed but I have not seen them before :D

No me neither the drag artist thought he was the star of the show especially turning up in costume to someone else's abode.

You're right the cheaper they charge the more likely the win but how else to judge?

Blast I missed it then!

Ha ha I love watching the repeats too!
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It beats me that participants don't realise, especially now it's been going for a good while, that to manipulate as Sharon did looks really bad. She came across as so malicious it could hardly have been good for business. I remember the couple a while back - in the episodes with Charlotte Church's parents, I think - who the others considered as harmlessly eccentric but who played really dirty. He was called Ziggy, but I don't recall her name. They underpaid everyone on the grounds that they should have charged more!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's the young guy from the Artists Residence in Brighton on Hotel Inspector.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh christ not another drag act.
  • hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Complaints of a clique in the group:eek:

Hurry back coach-trip.;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He has another Artists Residence in Penzance now. He was just about to open another big hotel and restaurant in Pimlico London last time Alex went back to revisit him on Hotel Inspector. I wonder if that fell through.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    That's the young guy from the Artists Residence in Brighton on Hotel Inspector.

Yes I saw that fairly recently, he seems to have got a bit posher, I don't recall him being that plummy before.
This discussion has been closed.