The Dark Knight RISES Official Thread

Comments

• Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ahh I see. Thanks :)
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    Blimey. In their summer foreign forecast, Boxofficemojo predict TDKR will scoop up $850m on the international market. Add on its US take and it'll shoot over the billion mark if they're right. Sounds a teensy bit over-estimated to me, but you never know.

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3426&p=.htm

Interesting interview with Nolan at the DGA. He's right about 3D, btw:

http://www.dga.org/Craft/DGAQ/All-Articles/1202-Spring-2012/DGA-Interview-Christopher-Nolan.aspx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Be incredible if it did do that well.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very interesting interview with Nolan.

Awful webpage, though. Black text on grey?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRAND NEW VIRAL GAME!!!!!!! From the website - http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/

If you scroll down there are real life locations I guess you are mean to go there and take photos and upload it to the twitter account mentioned.

Edit - Just found out for every few tweets a new frame of the trailer is released - http://tdkr07202012.com/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    CJClarke wrote: »

Thanks, looks incredible in my opinion.

Still cant completely take to banes voice, Although he sounds perfectly clear.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG OMG!!! This is teh shizzz :D

July 20th can't come sooner. This trailer featured more of Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character and some Catwoman action, which I'm pleased to see. I don't want this film to have a bad ending, although with the comic book storylines and fan-chatter you pick up, that's the feeling I get :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Trailer looks great. Love how this is pointing towards the end being a a real end, ie the bat is truly broken, as per the comic.
    Good.
    Need more of this sort of thing rather than the horrible Hollywood end as oft perpetuated by movie-makers.
  • wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant trailer, looks like they have touched up Banes voice which is great (I couldn't understand a word he said in the prologue) but we didn't get to see Marion Cotillard in any of it which surrounds her character in more mystery.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cannot wait!!! epic.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Will watch that when I get in from work, cannot wait!! :D I adore Tom Hardy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Brilliant trailer, looks like they have touched up Banes voice which is great (I couldn't understand a word he said in the prologue) but we didn't get to see Marion Cotillard in any of it which surrounds her character in more mystery.

we see her for like a millisecond kissing bruce wayne
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wanted to resist watching the trailer but couldnt. much prefer this one to the first trailer, which i found a bit dull
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    Trailer in full:

Batman eyes up Avengers, swings sock full of snooker balls, mutters 'who's the daddy now?'....

Excellent trailer, btw. Sold the story rather than the spectacle.
  • lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant trailer! Just when you think the Avengers was going to take the crown this year (I'm still holding out for the Hobbit though, which may yet top both this movie and that one).
    Thank God Nolan listened and sorted out Bane's voice. He's MUCH clearer than in the first trailer. It's all very well and good having an awesome villian that Bane is shaping up to be, but we do need to understand him.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Another brilliant trailer. Never really doubted Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle, but I've been impressed with what I've seen of her so far.

At 1m17s, is that Bane with his muzzle off?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awesome trailer, cant wait for the film.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »

At 1m17s, is that Bane with his muzzle off?

looks more like one of his soldiers
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    Awesome trailer, now if only Nolan would work on fixing Batman's voice. He's done Bane's a treat. Batman however still sounds like he's talking with a mouth full of Alfred's balls.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome trailer, now if only Nolan would work on fixing Batman's voice. He's done Bane's a treat. Batman however still sounds like he's talking with a mouth full of Alfred's balls.

The voice comments really border on pure stupidness at times. Batman's is fine and exactly how you'd speak if you to disguse you voice and Bane's WAS perfect in the trailer before this but now it sounds like he is not wearing a mask.

Still an amazing trailer and looking forward to the Avengers vs TDKR threads which are bounds to arrive even each films couldn't be more the opposite of eachother.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That is much better than the 2nd trailer. NOW i'm excited! This is what a trailer should be like (i'm looking at you Prometheus!)

That looks epic in every single way. This is more like it! Can't wait to see the trailer up on the big screen now for maximum impact.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Bane's WAS perfect in the trailer before this but now it sounds like he is not wearing a mask.

I was thinking that as well, it seemed odd to me that his voice was so clear while wearing a mask. Hopefully it was just that scene. I'm not saying that i want it to be ridiculously muffled, but it definitely sounded more menacing to me in the previous trailer and prologue (but i guess Nolan can't please everyone).
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not saying that i want it to be ridiculously muffled, but it definitely sounded more menacing to me in the previous trailer and prologue (but i guess Nolan can't please everyone).

But you couldn't hear a single word he said! I know i couldn't and i watched it at an Imax and i wasn't alone in thinking that. I'm glad they've cleaned it up so you can hear him better but his voice to me at least still sounds muffled.
  • ThePhotographerThePhotographer Posts: 3,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow great trailer.

in the original trailer I could hear Bane fine unless there was a lot of going on in the background. They've obviously cleared his voice. A lot clearer but shall see in the actual film. Either way is fine by me, but I do like the idea of the 'original' imperfect voice.

Hathaway is looking impressive in my opinion. I know some people were not sure about the casting, but I think she's going to be great.

I actually like Bale's growling voice as Batman. No idea, but I think he will give a great performance in this film due to the story being the last, at least in Nolan's universe.

Going to be interesting to see Batman/Wayne get battered at least a couple of times in the film judging by the trailer.

What's up with Joseph's character the police officer? Looks like he's doing something psychic with his posture and hands. He's not pressing on glass or anything. Any psychic characters in the Batman universe?

I still think there is going to be some swerve in this film.