Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    far2cool wrote: »
    I hate adverts that are completely milking the olympics!!!!

The cadbury one says "official treat provider of the olympic games !

WTF does that even mean!?! - Is there going to be a cadbury rep standing at the podium 'providing treats' ?

It wouldn't surprise me, considering the only food and drink you'll be allowed to consume there will be Coca-Cola and McDonalds.
  • emily222emily222 Posts: 2,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pnp63 wrote: »
    I know some apps are good, but I don't think we need anything like this, I know some will leap to get the phone, if we are not careful we will end up like those folk on Wall-E, lazy slobs just pressing buttons....

Agree, very unhealthy, whats next? Fusing technology and humans physically?

Anyway back on topic, the we bring you the plus net band ad is very annoying
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,383
    Forum Member
    Normally? How do you pronounce it?

I pronounce it as "same"

The singers in the ad pronounce it as "sigh-AIM"
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Tescos advert is in a league of its own.
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate those infomercial type adverts! Anyone seen the 'no no' hair removal ad? What a load of utter Bee-ess it is.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    The Advanced Hair Studio one with Shayne Warne deserves its own thread as a Worst Advert.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I've had the TV on for about an hour and a half, and ITV1 have shown the blood in your poo ad at least three times! I couldn't believe it.

It's become a bit of a joke with my friends and I. ALWAYS at bloody mealtimes, and the way he says the word 'poo' is slightly onomatapaeic. Everytime I eat weetabix this comes on. It's vile! x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when thinking about worst adverts i always think of jensen button and head and shoulders!!! WTF was he thinking! paycheck i suppose
  • Calamity-joCalamity-jo Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pnp63 wrote: »
    Can someone explain the M&Ms ad?

Thank you! I'm glad somebody feels the same as me - I just don't get that advert at all. I thought it was just me being extremely thick.....:o

The one that gets me and the OH at the moment is the KFC ad with the French exchange student in it. Are we really supposed to believe that, as he is from France, he's never come across KFC before?! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    I think that ad is very patronising to French people TBH :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You would have thought they would have got something better in than a bucket of chicken nuggets for a guest from abroad :D.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a pattern of strangely menacing animate things. The polar bear selling fish fingers, the hotel with a teddy bear and to a lesser degree the M&Ms.

Yes, there's quite a few of them..also the cartoony violence of the Peperami, Krave cereal and Dallas style chocolate fingers adverts; not to mention the suicidal Creme Eggs.
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one that gets me and the OH at the moment is the KFC ad with the French exchange student in it. Are we really supposed to believe that, as he is from France, he's never come across KFC before?! :rolleyes:

That one annoys me aswell! Not the French part, the fact that the girl's family tease the girl and the french guy at the end with kissy noises. He looks about 15, she looks like Pedobait! and her own family see nothing wrong with that?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That one annoys me aswell! Not the French part, the fact that the girl's family tease the girl and the french guy at the end with kissy noises. He looks about 15, she looks like Pedobait! and her own family see nothing wrong with that?!

I shall have to watch this more carefully from now on
    Forum Member
    If they're both under 16, I'm not sure what is wrong with it :o If he was 16/17+ and she was younger then thats wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    If they're both under 16, I'm not sure what is wrong with it :o If he was 16/17+ and she was younger then thats wrong.

He might be that old, I'm bad at guessing ages. It just looks like she's way too young for anything more than hand holding lol
  • Lovely LadyLovely Lady Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    The Oxo advert with the patronising little shit who tells his dad to keep up.

Bring back the Oxo family!
  • Lovely LadyLovely Lady Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I think that ad is very patronising to French people TBH :o

I can't stand the English people in that advert. So self-satisified with their own middle class standing! I usually hate inverted snobbery but portrayals like that demand it.
  • Bamber BoozlerBamber Boozler Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    Oh no, we are now in April, which means only one thing. That annoying Evergreen advert is back.
  • JBOJBO Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member
    The Oxo advert with the patronising little shit who tells his dad to keep up.

Bring back the Oxo family!

They are the Oxo family:confused:

The Dad is the same actor from the 80s ads
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just thought of another one! I'm not sure if it's still on, but the advert for Patak's sauces. I don't mean to sound racist, but when the little Indian voice-over boy says "Patak's", it sounds like he says "Buttocks". Now I don't like sauces to begin with, but even if I did there's no way I'd buy "Buttocks sauces"! D=
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just thought of another one! I'm not sure if it's still on, but the advert for Patak's sauces. I don't mean to sound racist, but when the little Indian voice-over boy says "Patak's", it sounds like he says "Buttocks". Now I don't like sauces to begin with, but even if I did there's no way I'd buy "Buttocks sauces"! D=

We could combine two adverts ;)-

'I keep finding blood in my Buttocks Sauces'
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I hate that advert. I have never heard anyone talk like that before.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Tarot wrote: »
    You would have thought they would have got something better in than a bucket of chicken nuggets for a guest from abroad :D.

"Aahh ze English - they eat of buckets you know!"
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand the English people in that advert. So self-satisified with their own middle class standing! I usually hate inverted snobbery but portrayals like that demand it.

Also a very P.C. family with an ethnic member as well.:rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.