I can't describe how I felt about ATCM

CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,373
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else having this problem? I didn't think it was good, nor bad, nor any other descriptive word, anyone else feeling this?

Comments

• ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely when it's not bad, it must have been good. That's what I concluded anyway. :p

I also really liked how, for once, the spotlight wasn't on Amy and Rory and whether they will BREAK UP or DIE. :)
  • jimbo_bobjimbo_bob Posts: 1,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ea91 wrote: »
    Surely when it's not bad, it must have been good. That's what I concluded anyway. :p

I also really liked how, for once, the spotlight wasn't on Amy and Rory and whether they will BREAK UP or DIE. :)

I thought it was good - and voted as such.

I think the next episode is very Amy and Rory focused.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was very meh. Next weeks one looks better though, but isn't that always the case.

Remember when we used to only have about one or two meh episodes a year? Seems now the only really good eps are at the beginning and end of the season. Steven's eps, basically.

I still love the show. But they're getting more filler-y every year imo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimbo_bob wrote: »
    I think the next episode is very Amy and Rory focused.

Yeah, but I'm actually looking forward to it all the more because ATCM wasn't Amy and Rory intensive. From the preview it seems well written and deals with something Doctor Who seldom addresses - how the hell do these companions juggle time travelling with their personal life? And that's rather impressive, when a show still has unexplored facets half a century since going on the air.
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member

You mean like the last episode? So two thirds of the series down so far has not focused on whether Amy and Rory will split up. And no episode yet has focused on them dying... One mention is not a focus. It's outside of the show that people have been focusing on those.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    You mean like the last episode? So two thirds of the series down so far has not focused on whether Amy and Rory will split up. And no episode yet has focused on them dying... One mention is not a focus. It's outside of the show that people have been focusing on those.

Well the whole "OH NO AMY WILL TURN INTO A DALEK BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T LOVE RORY ENOUGH" was about dying. And throughout their era Amy and Rory have been put in peril, Amy had angel sand coming out her eyes, got kidnapped by Madame Kovarian, became an old lady while waiting to be rescued, Rory was wiped from existence, killed, turned into a robotic centurion, got marked with the curse of the black spot etc, etc. So it was nice to get a break from that.
  • Captain StableCaptain Stable Posts: 2,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I can't describe how I felt about ATCM".. So I'll start a new thread rather than using the existing one, to explain my lack of words.
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted average, but was very disappointed that Rory was so very underused. :(
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, but also, they got the post answered, when it would probably have been ignored on the other thread. So i see why people do that.
    Forum Member
    Well the whole "OH NO AMY WILL TURN INTO A DALEK BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T LOVE RORY ENOUGH" was about dying. And throughout their era Amy and Rory have been put in peril, Amy had angel sand coming out her eyes, got kidnapped by Madame Kovarian, became an old lady while waiting to be rescued, Rory was wiped from existence, killed, turned into a robotic centurion, got marked with the curse of the black spot etc, etc. So it was nice to get a break from that.

So you don't want the companions in any peril then? Because those you've pointed out are regular peril, and had nothing to do with how they leave. And if you don't want the companions in peril, do you not want companions? You do realise that it is part of Doctor Who storytelling that the companions get put into mortal danger, don't you?

You're talking about two different issues. Of which, neither is an issue.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    I agree, but also, they got the post answered, when it would probably have been ignored on the other thread. So i see why people do that.

So what you're saying is we should ignore people when they start unnecessary opinion threads? Deal.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    So you don't want the companions in any peril then? Because those you've pointed out are regular peril, and had nothing to do with how they leave. And if you don't want the companions in peril, do you not want companions? You do realise that it is part of Doctor Who storytelling that the companions get put into mortal danger, don't you?

You're talking about two different issues. Of which, neither is an issue.

I said it's nice to get a break from the constant overload of peril. Not that I don't want companions. Looks like someone just likes to argue.
    Forum Member
    I said it's nice to get a break from the constant overload of peril. Not that I don't want companions. Looks like someone just likes to argue.

Not really, but if someone makes comments about something on a thread, surely they expect a rebuttal? Especially if they're mixing different issues up.