Christopher Eccleston is being disrespectful

Comments

• adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Maybe I should pretend to know the facts and start a thread ;)

Why not? After all that's how many of these threads are started...:D
  • Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People pretending to have insider information (but conveniently never elaborating in a non-mysterious way) to get attention on a Doctor Who forum are the height of sadness!
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even if Moffat, Eccleston(e), Skinner and everyone else personally refuted all the made-up stuff you might post, you could still tap your nose and say "Well, that's what they would say."

That's the great thing about saying you're "in the know" about a big forbidden secret. If people confirm what you claim, you're right. If people deny what you claim, you're still right.:D
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm in the don't know :(

But I still know David Tennant personally and can confirm that his remarks about it being churlish for him to have turned down the 50th were absolutely directed at Mr. Eccleston in the most spiteful of ways.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your pun is erased from DigitalSpy.

Ha!

A lot of what I say falls through the cracks... ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was something that was there a while ago. I don't remember the details. Probably nothing. There are so many nonensical ideas out there about Chris' involvement - when we all know what he thinks about going back to stuff.

Either way, until the facts come out, there's no point people ragging in rather nasty ways, on anyone. On that, I think we can all agree.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tony Tiger wrote: »
    People pretending to have insider information (but conveniently never elaborating in a non-mysterious way) to get attention on a Doctor Who forum are the height of sadness!

Yes, those who pretend are, and they muddy the water for those who do know things.

Admittedly, I let my growing anger at all these anti-Eccleston threads here and elsewhere get to me and I said a little too much; I can understand that's pushed me into being seen in the potential camp of which you talk about.

So all I ask is, just wait for the story to come out in its own time.
  • scumcatscumcat Posts: 349
    Forum Member

But I still know David Tennant personally and can confirm that his remarks about it being churlish for him to have turned down the 50th were absolutely directed at Mr. Eccleston in the most spiteful of ways.

Well then Tennant goes even further down in my estimation, who is he to make those remarks against another proffesional. If CE didn't want to come back then thats his decision not David Tennants.
  • WebslarkWebslark Posts: 18,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scumcat wrote: »
    Well then Tennant goes even further down in my estimation, who is he to make those remarks against another proffesional. If CE didn't want to come back then thats his decision not David Tennants.

I think that CD93's comments were made in the spirit of his post at the top of the page ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely it can't be that easy :p
  • scumcatscumcat Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Dam I got caught didn't I :eek::o:o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Given the secrecy with McGann, the BBC are a secretive lot...... Eccleston may have taken a day out for a quick scene. Or the BBC will use some clever cgi and tie up the regeneration scene.

It's seems odd that Moffat would tie in McGann without doing something to resolve the Eccleston "dilemma".

It's a bit sad that CE couldn't have taken some time out over the past many MANY months to simply do a half day scene for a few thousand quids ! I really do think he has shot something:p.

if he really has just walked away its odd, and frankly doesn't
    stack up... He'll gleefully take US dollars for crappy film parts "to pay the mortgage" but wouldn't even turn up for one day to shoot a simple scene (after TWO chats with Moffat) for thousands of pounds ???

Given the timeline, he could have done it (we can always slip in a days time for anyone, no matter how busy we are). I'll reserve my judgement until the 50th, if he ain't in it, he really, REALLY wants to distance himself from the role.

Lets see. But 50p says he's done something new :)
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    scumcat wrote: »

I think that's called confirmation bias! :D
  • PlasticGobPlasticGob Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is too funny!!! Nice to see so many sticking up for Chris!! Fantastic!!!! ;-)
  • MODTLMODTL Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I don't think he's being disrespectful. To Chris it was an acting job and if he doesn't wish to be in it again it's his decision and I think Tom always thought the same in a way - it's only recently he's started appearing in Big Finish etc. Chris didn't contribute to any of the documentaries (The Doctors Revisited/The Ultimate Guide) nor did he appear on the BFI screening. He's an actor who just played the Doctor.
    David Tennant on the other is a fan of the series and embraces appearing again in the 50th and in all the documentaries/BFI screening etc. If the Beeb were allow the 'new' Doctors to do Big Finish then no doubt he WOULD certainly do them.
    Not seeing Chris in the 50th certainly won't upset me. One day I would like to see a Doctor Who documentary with him in it - it would be interesting to hear his take on the episodes.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear sweet jesus, not THIS again!

I sincerely hope that all and sundry have been lying to us and Chris does make a surprise appearance in the 50th.That sound of all the crazy fans heads exploding will almost as entertaining as the show itself. :p
  • Ray_SmithRay_Smith Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's possible he underestimated the work load? I think it's around nine months of work which is a tremendous amount of time committed to one project. Had the workload been six months he might have committed to another series? But, as mentioned, he didn't seem to get on with the crew and John Barrowman said he was a misery to work with.
    "Chris was always grumpy. You don't always have to be intense. There comes a point when intensity makes you miserable - I think that was the case with Chris," Barrowman told the Daily Record.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a93662/barrowman-criticises-grumpy-eccleston.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What counts as "grumpy" to John Barrowman? :p
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What counts as "grumpy" to John Barrowman? :p

Not bouncing about with a permanent cheesy grin?

Wouldn't go down well with a bloke from Salford, believe me.

I'm with Chris - I'd be grumpy if I had to work with Barrowman!
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *shakes fist*
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My answer depends on when you ask me.

Now, no he isn't disrespectful, just not interested. All it was to him was a job, he was paid his fee, he did his role (and rather well too) and thats it.

If you'd have asked me back when he quit until about a year or so ago, then I'd have said yes he was disrespectful. Doctor Who is bigger than me, it's bigger than Moffat and it's bigger than Eccleston. Before he even considered the job in the first place he'd be aware of fan expectation and the history of the show. To be given such an opportunity and then to turn your back and say bad things against other actors and crew members on a show which fans adore, is disrespectful. However since then he has kept his mouth well and truly shut other than to express his disinterest in the 50th, which interviewers always ask him so is unavoidable. So now, yeah he isn't being disrepectful, he's just learned that if you have nothing nice to say, it's better to not say anything at all.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't think Tennant directed that comment towards Chris - I just think he was saying it would have been wrong to turn down the chance of being in the 50th Anniversay special. With Tennant being a fan, he would never have said no anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    I don't think Tennant directed that comment towards Chris - I just think he was saying it would have been wrong to turn down the chance of being in the 50th Anniversay special. With Tennant being a fan, he would never have said no anyway.

FACEPALM!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Oh, right David. So I'm churlish, am I? You think I'm churlish?!"

*grabs bat off Ace (fourth-dimensionally, obviously)*

"Watch and learn, you Scottish ponce!!!"

Legend says The Ninth Doctor then single-handedly ended the Time War by tw**ting the bejeezus out of every single living Dalek (as well as the deceased ones who only became deceased pre-emptively out of fear of 'The Northern Storm', as he came to be known - or didn't, as there wasn't enough time for such poetic hyperbole to permeate Dalek society).
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Oh, right David. So I'm churlish, am I? You think I'm churlish?!"

*grabs bat off Ace (fourth-dimensionally, obviously)*

"Watch and learn, you Scottish ponce!!!"

Legend says The Ninth Doctor then single-handedly ended the Time War by tw**ting the bejeezus out of every single living Dalek (as well as the deceased ones who only became deceased pre-emptively out of fear of 'The Northern Storm', as he came to be known - or didn't, as there wasn't enough time for such poetic hyperbole to permeate Dalek society).

Spoiler-alert, please! :mad: Now we all know the story of the 50th special. :mad:

:p