EastEnders - 'You know what he's like when he gets an idea into his head'

dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
Forum Member
✭✭
Ian said this to Denise tonight about Peter, and for some reason it's really stuck with me. I think DTC will be throwing hints into the script here there and everywhere, and this feels like one to me.

The night Lucy died, Peter had just heard that Lucy was Ian's favourite. 'You know what he's like when he's got an idea in his head', ie Peter killed Lucy, by accident maybe, because he was angry Ian liked her more.

Also, the other week on the day of the press conference, Denise was telling Patrick about the press appeal and you could still hear her talking whilst other characters were being shown. As she said '...who killed Lucy', Peter was emerging from Lola's flat.

Oh, and Peter's been looking after Patrick's allotment for him so could easily have buried the phone and bag.

I'm really starting to believe Peter is the killer!

Comments

• lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ian said this to Denise tonight about Peter, and for some reason it's really stuck with me. I think DTC will be throwing hints into the script here there and everywhere, and this feels like one to me.

The night Lucy died, Peter had just heard that Lucy was Ian's favourite. 'You know what he's like when he's got an idea in his head', ie Peter killed Lucy, by accident maybe, because he was angry Ian liked her more.

Also, the other week on the day of the press conference, Denise was telling Patrick about the press appeal and you could still hear her talking whilst other characters were being shown. As she said '...who killed Lucy', Peter was emerging from Lola's flat.

Oh, and Peter's been looking after Patrick's allotment for him so could easily have buried the phone and bag.

I'm really starting to believe Peter is the killer!

I think ian should be arrested for it, but it's actually peter! That would make a brilliant twist! I want peter to leave as he's just soo annoying! Seeing him sulking around the square tonight got on my nerves! Ben hardy is a terrible actor too!
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm also starting to think Peter is the killer. A Beale kiiling a Beale would definitely change Walford forever.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It definitely could be Peter. Maybe someone else also knows that it's him...or they know what he did but he doesn't realise that his actions caused her death?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    It definitely could be Peter. Maybe someone else also knows that it's him...or they know what he did but he doesn't realise that his actions caused her death?

Cindy maybe.
  • MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also starting to think Peter is the killer. A Beale kiiling a Beale would definitely change Walford forever.

I am starting to think it could be someone in the Beale family - Peter or Ian.

However when the details eventually come to light the character will have to be written out as they will end up behind bars. I cannot see Adam Woodyatt ever leaving EE therefore the Ian theory is possible if he is intending to leave after 30 years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Markjuk wrote: »
    I am starting to think it could be someone in the Beale family - Peter or Ian.

However when the details eventually come to light the character will have to be written out as they will end up behind bars. I cannot see Adam Woodyatt ever leaving EE therefore the Ian theory is possible if he is intending to leave after 30 years.

I can't say I'd miss either of them. Ian being the killer would defintely be a huge game changer. He would absolutely have to leave. There's no way the character could continue. I'd lean more towards Peter if I had to place a bet. He's expendable. There's still Bobby to continue Ian's lineage.
  • Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At this point I'm almost certain it is Peter and it is mainly down to one scene; The scene were Ian told Peter about Lucy being dead. Ian was clearly upset in the scene and blubbering in between sentences, but instead of asking ''what is it?'' Or just ''what?'' When Ian said its Lucy, Peter says "Please don't say it" And when Ian said she was gone, not dead, Peter knew exactly what that meant. I find the whole scene alarming. So the way I would think the death took place is that they got into a fight, and Peter hurt her accidently, instead of helping he ran - when he was waiting for Lucy to show up in the Vic the night she was found, he was really waiting to hear that she was okay. Also with the fact we now know that Peter has been looking after Patrick's allotment and her phone is there.
  • MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At this point I'm almost certain it is Peter and it is mainly down to one scene; The scene were Ian told Peter about Lucy being dead. Ian was clearly upset in the scene and blubbering in between sentences, but instead of asking ''what is it?'' Or just ''what?'' When Ian said its Lucy, Peter says "Please don't say it" And when Ian said she was gone, not dead, Peter knew exactly what that meant. I find the whole scene alarming. So the way I would think the death took place is that they got into a fight, and Peter hurt her accidently, instead of helping he ran - when he was waiting for Lucy to show up in the Vic the night she was found, he was really waiting to hear that she was okay. Also with the fact we now know that Peter has been looking after Patrick's allotment and her phone is there.

Think you could be right....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLb0hm4oLK8
  • Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Markjuk wrote: »

When you re watch its very clear isn't it? Very clever wording being used.
  • walford-e20walford-e20 Posts: 6,554
    Forum Member

Patrick's stroke happened about a week after Lucy's phone was buried, so by the time Peter took over the allotment her belongings were already there. I think it's Peter, but that he honestly has no idea he's responsible. What could be more upsetting than him spending ten months chasing his sister's killer only to finally realise he's the one who did it. I'm not sure how it would play out though.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I can't say I'd miss either of them. Ian being the killer would defintely be a huge game changer. He would absolutely have to leave. There's no way the character could continue. I'd lean more towards Peter if I had to place a bet. He's expendable. There's still Bobby to continue Ian's lineage.

If it is Ian, and I'd like it to be, it could have been an accident. He would only be charged with manslaughter and be out in a couple of years. It would give Adam a much needed break. Jane would then come back to look after the family and businesses.

Well I can dream, :D
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I think Peter is involved too! Or is DTC just pointing us towards Peter to deflect from the real killer? With what as been going on, on screen, the finger is definitely pointing towards Peter! Would be a good twist imo.
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    Now, I hold no credence whatsoever with psychics, but this thread has reminded me of something I read in a magazine about 7 months or so before it was announced that Lucy was being killed off: a psychic was asked for predictions and said that Adam/Ian was leaving EE on the 30th anniversary.

I still think it's Peter though.
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »

I seem to recall it was stated that the person who killed her wasn't even aware of what they had done.
    Perhaps Peter was angry after hearing that Lucy was the favourite, had an argument with her and pushed her over. She hit her head again and fell down unconscious. Possibly Peter thought she was being a drama queen and pretending to be hurt as he didn;t push her that hard, and walked away without looking back. Later he returned as he was looking for her, found her dead and in a panic made it look as if it was a mugging. He took her purse and phone to make this look more convincing, and buried them in the allotment. As the bleeding would be internal (to the brain) there would not be much blood at the scene of the crime, encouraging the police to assume she had been killed elsewhere and moved.

I think Peter has anger issues - he seems to fly off the handle very easily - and could have pushed Lucy down in anger without intending her to die.

I also noticed that Ian said 'Lucy's gone' and Peter immediately began the howling in grief. Any normal person would have assumed by those words that she had left home, or asked 'Gone where?', not immediately assumed she was dead.
    It was as if he knew.
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a good theory that he accidentally killed her but I wouldn't easily buy Peter trying to cover up accidentally killing his twin. That's unbelievable due to the unimaginable amount of guilt he would be feeling.

Maybe he pushes her she falls concussed. He thinks he didn't push her so hard so leaves fully expecting her to get back up. She manages to get up when he's gone, has another altercation with another resident and this time THAT ONE kills her (sort of like Den's second death - Zoe thought she killed him but it was really Chrissie) accidentally. They freak out and hide the body.
  • GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Im still convinced that he's the coke addict. And Lucy was covering for him. It's something about when Lucy said "the reason [she] takes coke is to block out every thoughtless thing [Ian] had said to [her] last" and I think she was actually speaking from Peter's perspective, because that was said after Peter overheard that favourite child was Lucy.
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    I
    I think Peter has anger issues - he seems to fly off the handle very easily - and could have pushed Lucy down in anger without intending her to die.

I also noticed that Ian said 'Lucy's gone' and Peter immediately began the howling in grief. Any normal person would have assumed by those words that she had left home, or asked 'Gone where?', not immediately assumed she was dead.
    It was as if he knew.

I think anyone would be able to tell by looking at Ian that it wasn't simply Lucy leaving home, it was much more serious than that. Yes you would be upset if your daughter left home but you wouldn't be absolutely devastated and wouldn't feel the need to drag your son out of the local pub.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    los.kav wrote: »
    Now, I hold no credence whatsoever with psychics, but this thread has reminded me of something I read in a magazine about 7 months or so before it was announced that Lucy was being killed off: a psychic was asked for predictions and said that Adam/Ian was leaving EE on the 30th anniversary.

I still don't see how Peter followed her from the square unless he was on the bus.

However Lucy could have seen Ian with Raine, realising this Ian follows the bus in his car and tackles Lucy when she gets off.....she tries to walk away and he grabs her....she falls and hits her head........not sure how it played out after that.

I just get the feeling that Ian is covering up more than the fact that he slept with Raine.

- He doesn't want the police to know that he was driving around that night.
    - He seemed strangely sure that Billy wasn't the murderer.
    - He was unable to give the eulogy and reluctant to make a TV appeal...? guilty conscience.
    - When he was counting out the pills was he contemplating suicide.
    - He was relieved when the police arrested Jake.
    - I found it strange that when the police arrived to update him yesterday that he put them off til the next day. Any bereaved parent would have wanted to know immediately whatever else was happening in their lives.
  • BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    I'm not reading too much into the scene where Ian tells Peter about Lucy's death and the wording of it. It was pretty obvious just looking at Ian that something very seriously bad had just happened. Sometimes you don't even need words to explain every little thing. Simply saying 'Lucy's gone' and reacting to the extent he was made it rather obvious what 'gone' meant. I think Peter's reaction was genuine.

Then there's the dumping of her body. Didn't the police establish that Lucy wasn't killed where her body was found? It would take a cold, calculated, psycho to do something like that. Peter is not that.

Then there's Peter announcing he's been looking after Patrick's allotment. I think this is yet another red herring as we the viewers know her handbag and phone are buried there somewhere. This is all just leading the point where her belongings are discovered and Peter will inevitably get blamed for it - making him prime suspect.
  • zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think patrick might know something as he has been stressed out for a few months with no real reason
  • MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member

And that is what DTC said, the murder will be a game changer and will change relationships on the square. Peter feels very likely to me also.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,248
    Forum Member
    elliecat wrote: »
    I think anyone would be able to tell by looking at Ian that it wasn't simply Lucy leaving home, it was much more serious than that. Yes you would be upset if your daughter left home but you wouldn't be absolutely devastated and wouldn't feel the need to drag your son out of the local pub.

I completely agree with that. 'gone' is a very common euphamism for deaad and a lot can be conveyed by body language and tone. Somebody comes to take you aside to tell you something looking as devastated as ian did, you know it is very serious, clearly something dreadful had happened - it was just a matter of who (lucy, Bobby, Jane) and how bad so he only needed say the name and 'she's gone' for Poeter to know it was death rather than her being seriously hurt in hospital or similar.

I'm not saying it certainly isn't Peter - really it could still be anybody at this stage - but in my opinion that scene doesn't denote any guilt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    This thread has convinced me it's peter now. DTC also said it would be "sad" when viewers found out and "it makes sense". The line "he gets an idea into his head" could be referring to him convincing himself he never killed her, which is why he always wants to find out news on leads to the killer. Or maybe he's so eager to find out new leads to destroy any leads to him. Imagine if all this time it was Lauren though and DTC had completely threw us off the scent 😄
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always thought it was Peter.....his concern just doesn't seem genuine....it seems more.....calculating if you know what I mean....more inquisitive than genuinely concerned.
  • NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    los.kav wrote: »

What??? Are you being serious??? Adam Woodyat is leaving??? Thank GOD if this is true! Now maybe he can go away and vegetate into oblivion and turn up on shows like celebrity big brother and I'm a celebrity get me outta here in five years time cos he certainly ain't any good for anything else! Outstanding achievement award my @rse!

Ps. Err a psychic??? Really????? :confused: