Is my 9200 dying?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
Forum Member
I had five lock ups yesterday all on different channels. The picture was static to begin with on the first lock up. Then the picture jittered. There was a hard drive error when playing back recorded material.

I tried a software update but it failed. Error code 05.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Do you have anything you particularly want to keep on the hard drive? If so, you might want to try and save it to your PC if you can. The hard drive may be on its way out - Humax will swap it out under warranty.

The E-OS error can be fixed by resetting to factory defaults, but you will lose your favourites and recording schedule. The next OTA update is due tomorrow from 10am until 9am on Wednesday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the info. Will try update tomorrow.

Do you have anything you particularly want to keep on the hard drive? If so, you might want to try and save it to your PC if you can. The hard drive may be on its way out - Humax will swap it out under warranty.

The E-OS error can be fixed by resetting to factory defaults, but you will lose your favourites and recording schedule. The next OTA update is due tomorrow from 10am until 9am on Wednesday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    I was able to update, thanks for the info. Everything's fine now.

However, I still don't understand why I had so many lock ups. The machine worked fine from when I had it Sept last year. I wonder if the recent heatwave may have had something it do with it.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    my prob is kinda the same i think???

box been freezing more than normal, looked at current software and is 1.00.00

tried auto update today and it foundersion 1.00.06

but it kept erroring with E-os

any ideas?

dont really want to lose my saved programmes and am prob not vapable of using a null lead whatever that is

thaks in advance
  • wgmorgwgmorg Posts: 5,020
    Forum Member
    You will not loose any of your recordings by resetting to factory defaults.

The biggest thing you loose is your schedule of reservations.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 431
    Forum Member
    wgmorg wrote:
    You will not loose any of your recordings by resetting to factory defaults.

The biggest thing you loose is your schedule of reservations.

I think this needs a little expansion,

Amboy,

A reset to defaults from the menu should allow you to update (what's the menu option?). You will probably need the security code (default 0000). After the reset you will still have all your programs but the update should work.
    Forum Member
    Page GB64 of the 9200T User's Manual explains the procedure for resetting to Default Settings.

neilleeds wrote:
    A reset to defaults from the menu should allow you to update (what's the menu option?).
    Forum Member
    wgmorg wrote:
    Page GB64 of the 9200T User's Manual explains the procedure for resetting to Default Settings.

Thanks, Amboy, follow those instructions and then try the update again, all should go well, your programs will not be lost but any scheduled recordings will need to be recreated after the reset.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    According to the DTG, the next OTA isn't until next week. Auto update won't work until then.
    Forum Member
    Fendebender answered my next question :)

I set to default then auto searched for updates and it says none found as opposed to before when it found version 06 but errored e-os?

If i have auto update turned on then am i wrong in assuming it should find the new software when it is made available?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amboy wrote:
    Fendebender answered my next question :)

I set to default then auto searched for updates and it says none found as opposed to before when it found version 06 but errored e-os?

If i have auto update turned on then am i wrong in assuming it should find the new software when it is made available?

No that is correct and it should find the update. However, given the problem you have had and the fact that the next rebroardcast is only for a day (there will be others booked though), I would go for a manual scan during the first day and force it to look for the update. If you wait until the next morning for the machine to search at 4am and there is a problem you only have till 9am or something like that to sort it.
    Forum Member
    thx

on a manual scan do i just let it scan the channel number it has as default, 43 i think?
    Forum Member
    Just do an AUTO scan anytime during the period when the OTA update is available... this can be done while tuned into any channel.

Did you let do an overnight auto download last time?
    amboy wrote:
    thx

on a manual scan do i just let it scan the channel number it has as default, 43 i think?
    Forum Member
    wgmorg wrote:
    Did you let do an overnight auto download last time?

I have always had the setting turned ON for auto update but it is still on the old software version. Is this what you were asking?
    Forum Member
    Not quite...

BUT I think your've answered my question. When you allow it to do an overnight (timed) download the 9200T must be in standby.

You can do an AUTO scan OTA update at anytime during the period the OTA update is available (refer the DTG website link previously supplied by FenderBender ) following these instructions.

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/support/Over%20Air%20Software%20Update.pdf

Once you start this process DO NOT do anything to the 9200T until it returns any messages to you... it can take 5-10 mins and can seem like its hung but it is just working away.
    Forum Member
    thx again

now i realise my error, i need to put the box on standby when the next OTA update is available.

if not in standby then no update, is leaving the time at 4am ok?
    Forum Member
    If you use the method in the link I just supplied you do not have to wait overnight for the download.

If you try it right now (or later today) the 9200T will report no new software available.

If you try it on 30/06/06 after 10 am and before 9am on 01/07/06 (next time the firmware is available ref the DTG link) it will find new software and installation will take place.

I recommend the AUTO scan update method because if you get an error you can try a defaults reset followed by another AUTO scan update.

amboy wrote:
    thx again

now i realise my error, i need to put the box on standby when the next OTA update is available.

if not in standby then no update, is leaving the time at 4am ok?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Just a thought. If someone was daft enough to trigger a manual update a minute before the ota broadcast ended..........????
    Forum Member
    Unicorn77 wrote:
    Just a thought. If someone was daft enough to trigger a manual update a minute before the ota broadcast ended..........????

The 9200 downloads the update and then installs it, anything else would be a recipe for disaster, if the download fails the box will simply ignore it (i presume).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unicorn77 wrote:

I think the OTA lasts a bit longer than the advertised time. If that is the case then presumably its for when machines start the software download at or just before the finish time?
    Forum Member
    It would report no new software as you would have missed the start of the last download cycle.

Unicorn77 wrote: