Options

Kojak and Magnum on ITV4

13»

Comments

• Options
    GibsonGirlGibsonGirl Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like ITV are not going to show 'new' episodes. Digiguide reveals that they are carrying on screening all of series 1, then series 2 up to episode 3 (allegedly all and in order) - this up to mid/late January after which data is not yet available - though it seems safe to assume they will just carry on in this way.

No idea why they have done this. Even if they had not bought all the episodes then they showed up to series 6 episode 6 (Round and Around) before reverting - so that is part way through a season and one presumes they have bought at least the rest of series 6.

I guess we will have to wait until about April to find out! :cry:

Sadly ITV have form for this - they showed all of Providence (a first run series), ended on a massive cliffhanger and never screened the final few episodes that resolved all the plots its duped viewers had just wasted months watching ITV to follow.

ITV are utterly pathetic when it comes to repeating shows and movies. I refuse to watch anything on any of their channels now. They apparently buy incomplete series' so it looks as if they could actually acquire entire ones. I am not surprised in the slightest about them screwing around with Kojak and Magnum.
  • Options
    Lily_MLily_M Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon is selling the DVDs of Magnum for about £7 each season. Bargain!
  • Options
    fozzie74fozzie74 Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    I wrote to ITV4 about then starting from the beginning again when there was still the rest of season 6, 7 and 8 to show.

This was the reply i got -
    Dear Sir or Madam,
    Thank you for your email regarding the scheduling of ‘Magnum P I’ on ITV4.
    ITV4 only have the first five seasons therefore season five has just finished, and we are repeating season one from the beginning.
    I do hope you will continue to watch and enjoy many of our programmes across the ITV family of channels.
    May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to contact us here at ITV Viewer Services.
    Please do not hesitate to contact us again if we can be of further assistance in the future.
    Kind regards,
    Sally
    ITV Viewer Services Officer

:(
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kojaks getting another re-run from Wednesday, will be on Just before Magnum, and The Marcus Nelson Murders is on Tuesday @ 11:50am.
  • Options
    andydenyerandydenyer Posts: 6,024
    Forum Member
    10-year old thread resurrection alert!!! :D
  • Options
    tim123tim123 Posts: 3,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moviesman wrote: »
    Now that we have Kojak and Magnum on what will they put on after there shows run to the end Id like Itv3 to show classic Mission Imposible, McKenna, The Rifleman, Branded, Black Beauty,The Avengers starting with Diana Rigg,Battlestar Galatica.

Kojak has been cycled twice already

and Magnum was first show about 4 years ago. It's just that somehow the forgot to show S5, which is what the are filling in now.

Avengers has also had several showings, on various channels.

Doubt any of the others on you list will make the cut for ITV 3/4

I'm still waiting for the final season of Ironside, which was something else they forgot.

• Options
    Alan51Alan51 Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the Kojak film which was completely ruined by the amount of add breaks, the film was 2 hours and 17 minutes long and was given a 3 hour 4 minute slot which equates to 47 minutes of advents, roughly 4 mins of adverts every 12/13 minutes
  • Options
    lilyannroselilyannrose Posts: 1,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan51 wrote: »
    Just watched the Kojak film which was completely ruined by the amount of add breaks, the film was 2 hours and 17 minutes long and was given a 3 hour 4 minute slot which equates to 47 minutes of advents, roughly 4 mins of adverts every 12/13 minutes

Oh do I wonder why people turn to piracy...