Options

Merry Sky Installers

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
Forum Member
Wow not been on here since stepping out of the trade a couple of years ago and all my posts have gone! I'm looking at getting back into Sky now, but as a Sky installer rather than a subbie.

Do they still employ their own installers? If so, I'd appreciate knowing from the horses mouths what an average after tax income per month would be working for Sky themselves? Not bothered about the hours actually because working long hours doing this I found quite enjoyable.

I absolutely loved this job - kept me as fit as a fiddle - but the subbie company I worked for and the managers, sub managers, and sub sub managers (the lowest of the low) were absolutely destroying it for everyone below them - out of the 9 guys who joined with me, most of who like me had previous experience in telecommunications, all were gone within 6 months and I was the only one left!

I eventually transferred to a subbie cable company thinking they would be the land of milk and honey - they were absolutely WORSE in every single respect compared to what I'd been doing and the promised income of £18000 plus extras was frankly, rubbish. The work was 10 times harder, filthier and stressful than dishing it. I managed to stay a year and most months as part of a two man team I was getting in three figure sums after tax (as in less than £999) with what I eventually worked out was an average of 55 - 60 hours a week and I simply couldn't afford to stay. Installing Sky was better and sort of regret leaving a bit, as I know now a lot of the remaining subbies transferred to Sky!

I'm not here to bash or name any companies, or argue with people, just to get some good info. Thanks a lot guys.

Comments