Options

lang sat track motor and Nokia ACU 1852

captain yatescaptain yates Posts: 67
Forum Member
My wife has very kindly disconnected my motorized satellite system. There are 4 wires from the motor but I don't know which order they fit into the Nokia box sadly am now stuck.

Comments

• Options
    pedro2000ukpedro2000uk Posts: 2,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My wife has very kindly disconnected my motorized satellite system. There are 4 wires from the motor but I don't know which order they fit into the Nokia box sadly am now stuck.

just as a start -

are the wires different colours

can you get access to the motor wiring
  • Options
    Forum Member
    there are 4 coloured wires used , red black blue and green, there are others but they are un used. on the back of the nokia acu 8152 it says ground pulse +5 volts motor a and b. so 5 holes for 4 wires. i'm sure +5 volts wasn't used. simple logic would sugest red and black would be motor a and b, greed would be ground and blue pulse but its just a guess. i could get to the motor with difficulty i supose, not a fan of ladders although i did install it myself in 1996.
  • Options
    MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "barn door" advice:
    1. take a photo of the connections.
    2. Make a sketch of the connections and photograph or scan it.
    3. Label the connections.

Keep 1 & 2 in a "Nokia ACU 1852" folder on your computer in the same directory that you keep a list of all equipment serial numbers in case of theft.

5. See http://www.your-book.co.uk/position.htm
  • Options
    pedro2000ukpedro2000uk Posts: 2,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there are 4 coloured wires used , red black blue and green, there are others but they are un used. on the back of the nokia acu 8152 it says ground pulse +5 volts motor a and b. so 5 holes for 4 wires. i'm sure +5 volts wasn't used. simple logic would sugest red and black would be motor a and b, greed would be ground and blue pulse but its just a guess. i could get to the motor with difficulty i supose, not a fan of ladders although i did install it myself in 1996.

yes, red & black is usually for motor a/b & green/ blue = sync.

+5v should be to drive an optional optical sensor between +5v & ground.

then there's which way round for the red/ black - get it wrong & you might have to re-sync all sats

so the question is, do you feel lucky well do you:D

got one circa that age, pm & jack though- over a main ridge off a gable
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sorted now thanks, wife remembered red wire was at end. working ok . phew !