Options

9200 locked up when TV switched on

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
Forum Member
I am frequently finding that my Humax 9200 has locked up sometime after switching the TV off and the next time it's switched on. I always leave the Humax switched on and not left on standby. I then have to switch the mains input to it off and reboot it. The problem being that any programmes scheduled to be recorded during this period simply aren't ny ideas please?

Comments

• Options
    andyhurleyandyhurley Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digiman100 wrote: »
    I am frequently finding that my Humax 9200 has locked up sometime after switching the TV off and the next time it's switched on. I always leave the Humax switched on and not left on standby. I then have to switch the mains input to it off and reboot it. The problem being that any programmes scheduled to be recorded during this period simply aren't ny ideas please?

Mine's been doing the same for the last few weeks. Very annoying.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member

Yes, my father's has been doing the same since the retune here in the north west. In fact everyone I know who has a Humax have been having problems of one sort or another since then. Another common problem seems to be freezing. When I first retuned it, it was picking up the signals from Winter Hill and Llanddona. Reading around on this forum seemed to suggest that picking up signals from two transmitters might be the cause so I manually tuned it to Winter Hill; it hasn't made the slightest bit of difference. I hope Humax get their finger out and sort it out, the machine is only about 20 months old.
  • Options
    Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    softlad wrote: »
    Reading around on this forum seemed to suggest that picking up signals from two transmitters might be the cause so I manually tuned it to Winter Hill; it hasn't made the slightest bit of difference. I hope Humax get their finger out and sort it out, the machine is only about 20 months old.

Did you delete all the old channels first, if you didn't then it wouldn't make any difference.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Big-les wrote: »
    Did you delete all the old channels first, if you didn't then it wouldn't make any difference.
    Yes I did, Big-les, but it didn't work. I've now tried deleting all the rubbish that he doesn't watch to see if that works. According to some on this forum it's worked for them so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. My sister has the 9150T and that's been having a number of problems as well since the retune.
  • Options
    Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    softlad wrote: »
    Yes I did, Big-les, but it didn't work. I've now tried deleting all the rubbish that he doesn't watch to see if that works. According to some on this forum it's worked for them so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed. My sister has the 9150T and that's been having a number of problems as well since the retune.

Did you make sure that an Autoscan was not run after you did the delte, plus not but not tune into Winter Hill's MUX B as that has duplicate channels?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    These last 4 posts are not relevant to my original query
  • Options
    eddie2048eddie2048 Posts: 96
    Forum Member

Hi, It might help if you told us when this started? Is it associated with DSO? Which TX area are you in?

If it's associated with DSO, then it's well established that the EPG doesn't populate properly and if programmes disappear, then associated schedule entries may also vanish.

I think everyone knows that the suggested "fixes" only have limited success and everyone is waiting for Humax to announce something (hopefully by the end of the month).

If it's not associated with DSO in your area, it might be an adjacent area now transmitting at a higher power that is affecting you.

If none of this then your set might have developed a fault!!
  • Options
    andyhurleyandyhurley Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mentioned earlier that I have been having the same problem - then I read the long thread of exeryone elses.

If it helps the OP I am in a non-DSO area (Sandy Heath) and the problems only started after the big retune. I didn't notice it immedtately, it took a few weeks, but now it happens almost once a week. In the last week or so I have also noticed sluggish response to the remote from time to time (but mostly it is ok).

I deleted all the radio and TV channels before retuning on both occasions but I am yet to delete the dross, I'll have a go at that tonight.

I've had my 9200T since launch and it has never been as bad as this, I had thought it was just getting old but these threads have made me think otherwise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good point Eddy2048, I didn't say that I am in the Rowridge area and I "think" it only started after the channel retune